It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:43 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jocks Vs Criminals - Match whinge 
World XV Player

Post Re: Jocks Vs Criminals - Match whinge
[quote="x_ile"]Perhaps having a man advantage for half the match and two men for the last minute or so may have contributed in some small way to that result. :dontknow:

Scots played well but I never know how to interpret the result of a game like that. Nothing in it until the red card.[/quot

Wales had best part of 10 mins vs 13 men - looked like lumbering cart horses.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
x_ile wrote:
Perhaps having a man advantage for half the match and two men for the last minute or so may have contributed in some small way to that result. :dontknow:

Scots played well but I never know how to interpret the result of a game like that. Nothing in it until the red card.[/quot

Wales had best part of 10 mins vs 13 men - looked like lumbering cart horses.

Cart horses were faster and more inventive...

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm
World XV Player

Pretty much went how I wanted, a thrashing by Scotland with some "contentious" ref decisions thrown in that the Aussies will whinge about. Came over here all cocky as usual and sent home humbled (if indeed Aussies are ever humbled).

I think sadly though the era of the "big 3" may be gone. NZ are the only SH team who really worry the NH any more. I think the new big 3 are NZ, England and Ireland.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Pretty much went how I wanted, a thrashing by Scotland with some "contentious" ref decisions thrown in that the Aussies will whinge about. Came over here all cocky as usual and sent home humbled (if indeed Aussies are ever humbled).

I think sadly though the era of the "big 3" may be gone. NZ are the only SH team who really worry the NH any more. I think the new big 3 are NZ, England and Ireland.

Scotland vs Ireland might be close..

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:15 pm
World XV Player

And unless something quite out of the ordinary happens, Wales will be nowhere.

But yes, it is good to see the plates shifting in a way.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Not sure i saw any contentious refereeing. One of the clearest red cards you'll ever see and nothing else controversial. He bottled the penalty try at the end but Scotland scored from the scrum anyway.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player

String wrote:
Not sure i saw any contentious refereeing. One of the clearest red cards you'll ever see and nothing else controversial. He bottled the penalty try at the end but Scotland scored from the scrum anyway.

Hence the quotation marks, more as an Aussie would see it.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

Obviously pretty delighted with the result especially given the number of first choices are out.

Result was a bit of a freak but was always possible after the red card, good to see Scotland sticking to the principle of fast, running rugby. In the same way that our thrashing at Twickenham was decided by an early yellow and 2 bad injuries forcing a weird backline the same could be said of the Aussies today being hampered by the red. The more telling stat is the fact that in the last 7 games vs Aus we've won 4 of them.

I hope Mr Gatland cringes a little bit more every time he watches Scotland play.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Hilljills wrote:
Obviously pretty delighted with the result especially given the number of first choices are out.

Result was a bit of a freak but was always possible after the red card, good to see Scotland sticking to the principle of fast, running rugby. In the same way that our thrashing at Twickenham was decided by an early yellow and 2 bad injuries forcing a weird backline the same could be said of the Aussies today being hampered by the red. The more telling stat is the fact that in the last 7 games vs Aus we've won 4 of them.

I hope Mr Gatland cringes a little bit more every time he watches Scotland play.

I doubt it, with his bank balance, but he might in the 6 Nations when the Scots run Wales off their feet. :D

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:58 pm
Regional Junior Player

Troron wrote:

Is there a nation (other than England) that you're not derogatory about?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

So pleased for the Jocks! My Scottish Father-in-law loved it!!!! Therefore I shall be wearing the Scots Shirt proudly tomorrow, in homage to them and out of respect for my father-in-law! (although one of my heroes Will Carling would haul me over the coals for this!)

Well done Scotland! This all leads to a more competitive 6 nations, and a hugely interesting Calcutta Cup!!!

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Langland Exile wrote:

Most matches in the 6N could be close.

I am not looking forward to England playing at Murrayfield.

I suspect Scotland will not be short of motivation against Wales because of the Lions tour.
The old enemy could do us a great service.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Hilljills wrote:
Troron wrote:

Is there a nation (other than England) that you're not derogatory about?

I'm derogatory to those who are derogatory to us. When it was the Welsh being cocky back around 2012 then that's who I complained most about. Now it is the Aussies who have been insufferable knobs so they just get it back. I don't suppose you have seen all the shit they have spread before they play England, and not just in rugby either?

As it is England are on the receiving end of the majority of my criticisms and you clearly haven't been paying attention if you think otherwise.

EDIT post 2222 :D

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

:D :D :D

Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:30 pm
International Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

Fortunately for Ireland we meet them in Round 4 and usually by then the Scots have shipped a boatload of injuries.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next