It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jocks Vs Criminals - Match whinge 
World XV Player

Post Re: Jocks Vs Criminals - Match whinge
Pearcey3 wrote:
There was a time when Scotland couldn’t buy a try. Now they have scored seven against Aus. Brilliant performance. It looks like us or Italy for the six Nations wooden spoon I’m afraid.

Not sure, I think we will beat France and Italy, and may even beat the Scots on a muddy pitch in Cardiff.

Our coaching is really sub standard though.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:16 pm
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
There was a time when Scotland couldn’t buy a try. Now they have scored seven against Aus. Brilliant performance. It looks like us or Italy for the six Nations wooden spoon I’m afraid.

Not sure, I think we will beat France and Italy, and may even beat the Scots on a muddy pitch in Cardiff.

Our coaching is really sub standard though.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:16 pm
World XV Player

5 minutes discussing a score and yellow in a 25 point game with a minute left :D

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:18 pm
World XV Player

Oh dear Scots get 50...

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 pm
World XV Player

Wow 53/24. That is sensational stuff from the Scots. Langland unless we up our game the Scots will be too bright for us in Cardiff.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Great game, and hats off to the Scots. :clap:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:20 pm
World XV Player

Good ref today.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:23 pm
Junior Player

Sweaties show us how to beat the convicts home and away.
I've always liked Townsend as a coach, I liked the way he got Glasgow playing, he knows his stuff, watch and learn Howler, watch and learn.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Oz beats us yet gets trashed by England and Scotland?
Where does that leave us?
Where to now?
New coach, perhaps!
What is Scotland doing that we are not doing?
I've got to admit that we a lagging behind in all spheres of the game.
Injuries to key players are no excuse. Every position on the park should have an upcoming youngster ready to slot in and pushing for inclusion. This should also be the case in the Regions.
Is the problem at the grassroots level?
Should we have a Wales 'B' team? After our 'B' team doing reasonably well in the summer tour. maybe we should have one.
A 'B' team players playing regular matches against second tier and weaker first tier teams.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Oz beats us yet gets trashed by England and Scotland?
Where does that leave us?
Where to now?
New coach, perhaps!
What is Scotland doing that we are not doing?
I've got to admit that we a lagging behind in all spheres of the game.
Injuries to key players are no excuse. Every position on the park should have an upcoming youngster ready to slot in and pushing for inclusion. This should also be the case in the Regions.
Is the problem at the grassroots level?
Should we have a Wales 'B' team? After our 'B' team doing reasonably well in the summer tour. maybe we should have one.
A 'B' team players playing regular matches against second tier and weaker first tier teams.

Said it before and will say again, it is highly unlikely anything will change; complacency has led to stagnation and now regression. We are in a real hole.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Pearcey3 wrote:
Wow 53/24. That is sensational stuff from the Scots. Langland unless we up our game the Scots will be too bright for us in Cardiff.

We will not open up our game as the coached believe players do not have the confidence or skills. Look how the Scarlets forwards handle by comparison. ;)

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:36 pm
World XV Player

Well a few here have written the scots off, hmmmm can we beat them not if they keep playing like that, I said in an earlier post we had a chance against NZ but the scots have shown what a good side they are becoming and they couldn't quite do it against the ABs so with a change of heart I have to say we have no chance to day :( ........Oh! and well done to the scots a really good game to watch :)

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:40 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Pearcey3 wrote:

We will not open up our game as the coached believe players do not have the confidence or skills. Look how the Scarlets forwards handle by comparison. ;)

yep agree,we have been playing bish bash since the 80s, but you are taught how to pass and avoid players from a young age so the skills are there they have just been locked away, its time somebody found the key. ;)

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:46 pm
International Player

Perhaps having a man advantage for half the match and two men for the last minute or so may have contributed in some small way to that result. :dontknow:

Scots played well but I never know how to interpret the result of a game like that. Nothing in it until the red card.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Australia will blame the red no doubt but Scotland were more than competitive with 15 v 15 before that and i still reckon they'd have won.
Watching it in the bar and conversation was "lost count how many tries for scotland now". That sentence would have been ridiculous not long ago when they struggled to score a try per tournament. They're an exciting team to watch (that line would also have been ridiculous not long ago).

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next