It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:40 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4356
Location: North of England
Post Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Teams when available.

Carbery precluded on injury grounds, according to this BBC article:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42054608

British Broadcasting Corporation 2017.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean


Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4356
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Need I say this?

The performance against Fiji (if repeated on Saturday) will see a repetition of the RWC 2015.

It will of course be a different team....our first team and we really owe them for that match, two years back.

Sean


Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:07 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2289
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Need I say this?

The performance against Fiji (if repeated on Saturday) will see a repetition of the RWC 2015.

It will of course be a different team
....our first team and we really owe them for that match, two years back.

Sean


Likewise Wales versus the All Blacks (key difference is your match is winnable).


Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:25 am
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm
Posts: 189
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
We should have been smarter about last week selection wise, if you take the spine of you're team and play against a top 10 nation you will struggle even England last year didn't play there B team against Fiji 1 or 2 didn't play but most of the key players were there.


Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm
Posts: 189
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
If Wales played at their very best than I wouldn't completely put a win out of the question for them, You will never come up against a more beatable NZ team I don't think and I'm kind of angry Ireland didn't get to play them again this autumn as I think we would have had an excellent chance to put them away again.


Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2289
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Cathalsmart wrote:
If Wales played at their very best than I wouldn't completely put a win out of the question for them, You will never come up against a more beatable NZ team I don't think and I'm kind of angry Ireland didn't get to play them again this autumn as I think we would have had an excellent chance to put them away again.


NZ may have a few key injuries and (by their very high standards) be a little out-of-form, but still they have won back-to-back World Cups and have rebuilt pretty successfully after all the retirements two years ago to win two Rugby Championship Grand Slams in a row. The notion that they are "never more beatable" is just silly.


Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4356
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
najbritcol wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
If Wales played at their very best than I wouldn't completely put a win out of the question for them, You will never come up against a more beatable NZ team I don't think and I'm kind of angry Ireland didn't get to play them again this autumn as I think we would have had an excellent chance to put them away again.


NZ may have a few key injuries and (by their very high standards) be a little out-of-form, but still they have won back-to-back World Cups and have rebuilt pretty successfully after all the retirements two years ago to win two Rugby Championship Grand Slams in a row. The notion that they are "never more beatable" is just silly.


Well I share Cathal's opinion about playing them at present and if they're not an easy beat (they're not - anything but - and I don't think Cathal was saying that, exactly), then I would be confident about emulating Scotland's recent exploits and they came came frustratingly close to overcoming the World Champions.

Sean


Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4356
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Jared Payne still suffering recurring headaches, according to this BBC article, so we won't be seeing him against Argentina.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42068195

British Broadcasting Corporation 2017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean


Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm
Posts: 189
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
najbritcol wrote:
Cathalsmart wrote:
If Wales played at their very best than I wouldn't completely put a win out of the question for them, You will never come up against a more beatable NZ team I don't think and I'm kind of angry Ireland didn't get to play them again this autumn as I think we would have had an excellent chance to put them away again.


NZ may have a few key injuries and (by their very high standards) be a little out-of-form, but still they have won back-to-back World Cups and have rebuilt pretty successfully after all the retirements two years ago to win two Rugby Championship Grand Slams in a row. The notion that they are "never more beatable" is just silly.



So this NZ side is as good as their RWC winning sides? This is the worst season they have had since 09 losing 2 tests, drawing 1 and a Lions series. They are still the best team by a country mile but they can be got at as Australia,Scotland,SA showed.


Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm
Posts: 189
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
The rumoured team (this isn't very official though)

1 Healy
2 Best
3 Furlong
4 Henderson
5 Ryan
6 O'Mahony
7 O'Brien
8 Stander
9 Murray
10 Sexton
11 Stockdale
12 Aki
13 Henshaw/Farrell (Henshaw isn't 100% fit apparently)
14 Byrne (Debut)
15 Kearney

Conway surprisingly only a sub.


Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 10:29 pm
Posts: 5797
Location: Lincoln
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Ireland by more than england beat them. 15 plus!

_________________
I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.


Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:15 pm
Profile
Youth Player

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm
Posts: 189
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Like I said in regards to Ireland vs Fiji England had probably their 2 most crucial players Itoje and Farrell unavailable, depth smepth they simply don't have like for like replacements for players of this calibre and of course it was shown as they struggled to break down Argentina. If Ireland play as good as they can they should have far too much for Argentina who are looking rudderless right now but this being the last game for Argentina this season I can see this going one of two ways, either A. They will want to have one final blow out and will take everything they got and throw it at Ireland or B. They will be exhausted after a long season and loads of travel and will get beat by a much better rested Irish side. With what happened at the 2015 RWC + the week off the players had last week and probably a more powerful bench to bring on its hard to look past Ireland when you see that but for some reason I'm not completely confident like I was going into the Bok game (which I was always confident we would win). Idk ill wait to see the team's but I haven't seen an Argentine performance this season to make me fear them.


Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2289
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Apart from Italy, Argentina are still without doubt the weakest Tier One side - they are ranked 9th in the world and their only two victories this year have been against Georgia and, well, Italy. Therefore, Ireland should win this reasonably comfortably.


Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm
Posts: 189
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Again spot on with the team, sadly Henshaw hasn't pulled through so Farrell gets a start. I'm a little concerned with the lack of experience of our 2 centres also they have never played together and a team like Argentina could exploit this with there width.


Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4356
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland vs Argentina, Dublin, Saturday
Cathalsmart wrote:
Again spot on with the team, sadly Henshaw hasn't pulled through so Farrell gets a start. I'm a little concerned with the lack of experience of our 2 centres also they have never played together and a team like Argentina could exploit this with there width.


Confirmation of the team (plus analysis), on this BBC article:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42099002

British Broadcasting Corporation 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean


Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: