It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Eng v Aus 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25843
Post Re: Eng v Aus
Thought that Oz had a number of decisions go against them that led to their heads go down. I'm loving England winning as there has to be a fall on the way...surely?!


Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:44 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 25843
Post Re: Eng v Aus
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
England showed they have the forwards that compete, and the backs to slice you to ribbons if you let them.
lets sack Gatland and put McBride in charge


you are being ironic of course,...Dai?!


Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:45 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 7160
Post Re: Eng v Aus
SimplyRed wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
England showed they have the forwards that compete, and the backs to slice you to ribbons if you let them.
lets sack Gatland and put McBride in charge


you are being ironic of course,...Dai?!


Hi there old buddy, :D

_________________
The main problem in marriage is that, for a man, sex is a hunger, if he is hungry and cant get to a fancy French restaurant, he'll go to a burger bar


Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile
Club Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 274
Post Re: Eng v Aus
Both England and Wales have played Australia in successive weekends.
The win-loss ordering puts England ahead of Wales- but by how much?

The scoreline suggests a lot, but the statistics puts them both close.
  • Wales dominated Australia in the second half and England never did
  • Wales ran more
  • Wales also tackled more and missed few (97%).

I really want a 30-3 victory over Wales but am I going to get one in the next 6N?


Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:08 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2280
Post Re: Eng v Aus
Brizzle wrote:
Both England and Wales have played Australia in successive weekends.
The win-loss ordering puts England ahead of Wales- but by how much?

The scoreline suggests a lot, but the statistics puts them both close.
  • Wales dominated Australia in the second half and England never did
  • Wales ran more
  • Wales also tackled more and missed few (97%).

I really want a 30-3 victory over Wales but am I going to get one in the next 6N?


You managed to have a record victory over Scotland, who are generally playing better than Wales (though as others have said, there have been too many false dawns with them and they last won silverware back in 1999).


Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 274
Post Re: Eng v Aus
najbritcol wrote:
You managed to have a record victory over Scotland, who are generally playing better than Wales (though as others have said, there have been too many false dawns with them and they last won silverware back in 1999).


I suspect the prospects of a 30-3 victory will be determined by the style that Wales choose to play. If the defence
is up to the usual standard then we will be happy with any win.

Scotland have lots of promise but Samoa caused them lots of problems. Scotland were worn out by the time they played us
and Eddie worked out how to play them.


Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:42 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2280
Post Re: Eng v Aus
Brizzle wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
You managed to have a record victory over Scotland, who are generally playing better than Wales (though as others have said, there have been too many false dawns with them and they last won silverware back in 1999).


I suspect the prospects of a 30-3 victory will be determined by the style that Wales choose to play. If the defence
is up to the usual standard then we will be happy with any win.

Scotland have lots of promise but Samoa caused them lots of problems. Scotland were worn out by the time they played us
and Eddie worked out how to play them.


I wonder what the match would have been like if Scotland decided to not engage in rucks? :D


Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59987
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Eng v Aus
Brizzle wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
You managed to have a record victory over Scotland, who are generally playing better than Wales (though as others have said, there have been too many false dawns with them and they last won silverware back in 1999).


I suspect the prospects of a 30-3 victory will be determined by the style that Wales choose to play. If the defence
is up to the usual standard then we will be happy with any win.

Scotland have lots of promise but Samoa caused them lots of problems. Scotland were worn out by the time they played us
and Eddie worked out how to play them.


The value of good coaching, which we lack

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 10:29 pm
Posts: 5797
Location: Lincoln
Post Re: Eng v Aus
My abiding memory of this game will be the steam coming out of Cheika's ears every time a decision went aginst them. Australians are the worlds worst losers. I thought he had a point on the first disallowed try but England played very well particularly in that kind of weather which was horrible

_________________
I am Stepney, I am Peru, I am divine and so are you.


Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:31 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2260
Post Re: Eng v Aus
Cheika being investigated for his conduct

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 6068
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Post Re: Eng v Aus
I'd love to see what Cheika would be like without any rules about not bringing the game into disrepute.... He would be spectacular :D

_________________
Burpity burp burp


Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:01 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44362
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Eng v Aus
Troron wrote:
Cheika being investigated for his conduct


It's a Crims thing.

Look at their cricketers FFS.

Quote:
Josh Hazlewood said Australia want to "open scars" in the England team.

Nathan Lyon, spinner, hopes Australia will 'end careers' of England players.

Lyon also said :-

◾He wants to get England captain Joe Root dropped
◾All of the England team were scared in 2013-14, and Prior wanted to go home - a claim the former wicketkeeper has described as "laughable"


Cheika is a passionate man but reacting to a drunken rugby supporter isn't very smart.

A drunken referee now ....


Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: