It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Wales v Georgia 
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales v Georgia
Donkka wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Scot Andrews, amazing how he is still considered.

:thefinger: :thefinger:

Still considered, how the *fupp* he was ever was is the question

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:30 pm
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Scot Andrews, amazing how he is still considered.

:thefinger: :thefinger:

Sorry Scot :D

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Something similar to the team that played in the summer to start I reckon, with some experience on the bench just in case it all goes tits up.

Patchell
Cuthbert
Roberts
Owen Williams
Amos

Priestland
Aled Davies

Smith
Dacey
Francis
Seb Davies
Hill
Shingler
Cross
Navidi

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Gatland said there'd be changes.

A lot of changes then ...

:shock:

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:12 am
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Something similar to the team that played in the summer to start I reckon, with some experience on the bench just in case it all goes tits up.

Patchell
Cuthbert
Roberts
Owen Williams
Amos

Priestland
Aled Davies

Smith
Dacey
Francis
Seb Davies
Hill
Shingler
Cross
Navidi

Wow you think as many as that, that would be some change

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:09 am
World XV Player

when is the team announced ??

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 am
Regional Player

Will want to give Webb and Tipuric game time prior to facing the All Blacks.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Seeing as we are trying to implement a new style, we should be trying to get some consistency, so I wouldn't make many changes at all really (apart from a few key players). We could do with a really convincing win going into the game against the All Blacks, so I would go with something like:

Amos, Halfpenny, S Williams, O Williams, S Evans, Priestland, Webb, Smith, Owens, Francis, S Davies, Ball, Shingler, Tipuric, Faletau

Bench: R Evans, Dee, Brown, Hill, Navidi, A Davies, Patchell, Watkin

Rumours are, however, that there will be a lot of changes.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tom21 wrote:
Seeing as we are trying to implement a new style, we should be trying to get some consistency, so I wouldn't make many changes at all really (apart from a few key players). We could do with a really convincing win going into the game against the All Blacks, so I would go with something like:

Amos, Halfpenny, S Williams, O Williams, S Evans, Priestland, Webb, Smith, Owens, Francis, S Davies, Ball, Shingler, Tipuric, Faletau

Bench: R Evans, Dee, Brown, Hill, Navidi, A Davies, Patchell, Watkin

Rumours are, however, that there will be a lot of changes.

There has to be a ton of changes as the same players will play 4 weeks in a row?

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:14 pm
World XV Player

Didn't see the game but would like to see brown, dee and Seb Davies start

I think Owens is a good player but maybe short of elite level quality, Francis at TH I just don't rate at all, ball at 4 - well I was hoping he could start to dominate but is finding it hard to replicate his domestic form at international level. Oddly enough he may benefit from playing instead of AWJ as opposed to alongside him, then he could be paired with a more mobile back row type of lock

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail

AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

I think Owens is a good player but maybe short of elite level quality, Francis at TH I just don't rate at all, ball at 4 - well I was hoping he could start to dominate but is finding it hard to replicate his domestic form at international level. Oddly enough he may benefit from playing instead of AWJ as opposed to alongside him, then he could be paired with a more mobile back row type of lock

As both Tel and I have said, Georgia have a very very strong pack, so it is not advisable to put in too many rookie forwards here (backs are perhaps another matter).

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

najbritcol wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:

As both Tel and I have said, Georgia have a very very strong pack, so it is not advisable to put in too many rookie forwards here (backs are perhaps another matter).

Yes yes I appreciate that Georgia have a big pack but games and time is short between now and the World Cup- so when do you play these players? Against the All Blacks (oh not a place to be throwing in rookies), SA? Six nations?

If they aren't ready to play against the weakest side then they shouldn't be in the squad

Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:

Patchell
Cuthbert
Roberts
Owen Williams
Amos

Priestland
Aled Davies

Smith
Dacey
Francis
Seb Davies
Hill
Shingler
Cross
Navidi

The above selection is a bit flakey on kicking options. I don't think Gats will want to pressurize the priest with the kicking and Patchell sometimes gets lucky to see his kicks go through the posts. If Gats is resting Biggar I think Ha'penny will play.
Two young locks against a powerful Georgia pack doesn't sound like a good idea, to me anyway.
As regards the loosies, I would be inclined to give them another outing together before meeting the AB's. Faletau looked a bit off colour and probably needs another run out with the 'new' trio.
Cuthbert for Evans is a good idea, Stef gave all against Oz and I think he probably needs a rest.
I also see no point in messing around with the two props and the hooker. They played well against Oz and will gel better with another outing.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

Patchell
Cuthbert
Roberts
Owen Williams
Amos

Priestland
Aled Davies

Smith
Dacey
Francis
Seb Davies
Hill
Shingler
Cross
Navidi

The above selection is a bit flakey on kicking options. I don't think Gats will want to pressurize the priest with the kicking and Patchell sometimes gets lucky to see his kicks go through the posts. If Gats is resting Biggar I think Ha'penny will play.
Two young locks against a powerful Georgia pack doesn't sound like a good idea, to me anyway.
As regards the loosies, I would be inclined to give them another outing together before meeting the AB's. Faletau looked a bit off colour and probably needs another run out with the 'new' trio.
Cuthbert for Evans is a good idea, Stef gave all against Oz and I think he probably needs a rest.
I also see no point in messing around with the two props and the hooker. They played well against Oz and will gel better with another outing.

With my above comments I think the team to take the field against Georgia will be:

Ha'penny
Cuthbert
Roberts/Watkin
Owen Williams
Amos

Priestland
Aled Davies

Evans
Owen
Francis
Alun Wyn-Jones (Capt.)
Hill
Shingler
Navidi
Faletau

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:52 pm
Profile E-mail

BigRed wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

Patchell
Cuthbert
Roberts
Owen Williams
Amos

Priestland
Aled Davies

Smith
Dacey
Francis
Seb Davies
Hill
Shingler
Cross
Navidi

All fair points.
Owen Williams also kicks goals, with 3 options in the side you would think at least one of them would work. I think Patchell is a 15 personally, even if he doesn't agree. Coming into the line he could be very dangerous.
The logic of a young, mobile pack would be to avoid the set pieces (particularly scrums) and move Georgia around the park as much as possible.
Faletau is going to have to play against both New Zealand and South Africa, this would just give him a week off. Same for Owens.
I guess we will see how Gats is thinking soon enough!

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next