It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:50 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Georgia 54-22 Canada 
Author Message
Mini Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:52 am
Posts: 9
Post Georgia 54-22 Canada
Georgia smashed Canada yesterday 54-22.
New fullback Soso Matiashvili scores 34 pts (new georgian record) including this try
https://youtu.be/g-GcU62Dy9Y


Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 698
Location: Swansea
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Great effort


Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15172
Location: Japan
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Very impressive result. :occasion5:

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:09 pm
Profile
Schools District Player

Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Posts: 35
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
I'd keep as close to a full team as possible for this game if I were Gatland, we are experimenting with a newish team and style of play why not keep that going in this match. I don't see any point at all in throwing in a mish mash of players for this game, hoping to see good performances by some individuals, it always ends up in a horrible match.
The only players I'd rest are AWJ. Biggar and Faletau.
A back line of Liam Williams at 15 with Amos and Evans on the wings would be nice to see here.


Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59737
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Just for context, the US beat Canada by 50 earlier this year. Canadian rugby is far weaker than it was in the 1990's.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 7135
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Langland Exile wrote:
Just for context, the US beat Canada by 50 earlier this year. Canadian rugby is far weaker than it was in the 1990's.


Good to hear, but if Gats makes whole-sale changes as he has suggested, might be one to watch from behind the sofa,

_________________
The main problem in marriage is that, for a man, sex is a hunger, if he is hungry and cant get to a fancy French restaurant, he'll go to a burger bar


Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44129
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Just for context, the US beat Canada by 50 earlier this year. Canadian rugby is far weaker than it was in the 1990's.


Good to hear, but if Gats makes whole-sale changes as he has suggested, might be one to watch from behind the sofa,


Big forwards and if we match them then Gatlandball 2 will win us the game.


Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 7135
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Bouch wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Just for context, the US beat Canada by 50 earlier this year. Canadian rugby is far weaker than it was in the 1990's.


Good to hear, but if Gats makes whole-sale changes as he has suggested, might be one to watch from behind the sofa,


Big forwards and if we match them then Gatlandball 2 will win us the game.


Gatland ball 2, ahh! he thought that passing would improve our game Genious.

I cant decide if you're taking the piss or if you really believe what you say :shock:

_________________
The main problem in marriage is that, for a man, sex is a hunger, if he is hungry and cant get to a fancy French restaurant, he'll go to a burger bar


Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am
Posts: 3822
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
The Abominable Dr. Phibes wrote:
I'd keep as close to a full team as possible for this game if I were Gatland, we are experimenting with a newish team and style of play why not keep that going in this match. I don't see any point at all in throwing in a mish mash of players for this game, hoping to see good performances by some individuals, it always ends up in a horrible match.
The only players I'd rest are AWJ. Biggar and Faletau.
A back line of Liam Williams at 15 with Amos and Evans on the wings would be nice to see here.


I agree with that. We could really do with a win and a convincing one to boot, so I wouldn't make too many changes either. maybe change the bench up a bit, but not too many changes to the starting XV.


Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:40 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44129
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Just for context, the US beat Canada by 50 earlier this year. Canadian rugby is far weaker than it was in the 1990's.


Good to hear, but if Gats makes whole-sale changes as he has suggested, might be one to watch from behind the sofa,


Big forwards and if we match them then Gatlandball 2 will win us the game.


Gatland ball 2, ahh! he thought that passing would improve our game Genious.

I cant decide if you're taking the piss or if you really believe what you say :shock:


I've seen Georgia play a couple of times and I was impressed with their lumpy forwards.

They gave Bridgend a good contest but their backs weren't very sharp on that day.

Their changed backrow late on saw them improve - a lot.

We beat them nicely even if that was a few years back.

Can I say that I like commenting in a jocular fashion? I can't stand misery from the Scrum V tosspots .... that Penarthian reporter would complain no matter what the WRU or Gatland did.

:thumbup:


Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:50 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
So their Rock start improvement is becoming consistent. Awesome

Are they now up with Fiji, Samoa, Japan, Italy

Above the Americas cept pumas, Tonga..

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44129
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Evening, mate.

All well?

;)


Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:23 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 4158
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Bouch wrote:
Evening, mate.

All well?

;)

Yep feel good my work for year is done just cruising from Spain back to NZ, wish I'd planned bloody rugby games to watch on way home, France etc, but didn't plan ahead well enough.

Hope all is well
I'll try not to go to hard here lol, have ignored fmys cause I normally get pissed with his comments but can't keep away lol

_________________
Don't tell me we have too many, and take too many PI players, we were founded by Pasifika people, we're a Pasific Island you bleep bleep..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language


Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 44129
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Forrealz wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Evening, mate.

All well?

;)

Yep feel good my work for year is done just cruising from Spain back to NZ, wish I'd planned bloody rugby games to watch on way home, France etc, but didn't plan ahead well enough.

Hope all is well
I'll try not to go to hard here lol, have ignored fmys cause I normally get pissed with his comments but can't keep away lol


It's good to hear from you, you've cheered me up no end.

:D


Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:10 am
Profile
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:32 pm
Posts: 492
Post Re: Georgia 54-22 Canada
Langland Exile wrote:
Just for context, the US beat Canada by 50 earlier this year. Canadian rugby is far weaker than it was in the 1990's.


That surprises me, they were pretty evenly matched a few years back. What happened to all the canadians who were playing in north wales, plus the two that play for the Ospreys are pretty decent.


Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blindside, Troron and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: