It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Wales v Australia 
World XV Player

Post Re: Wales v Australia
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Hmm, :) I've read some of the posts, I find it a little strange that people here have condemned so many,
I thought we had had too much of Warren ball and were baying for change, my mistake.
we are playing a completely new style of rugby we haven't brought in a few subtle changes we've changed it big time.
Which of course all change takes time, for me I saw positives O Williams is a find and will be with us for a long time yet, as for S Evans he needs to bring others in and not try to do too much.
As for Falatau many here know I have championed him against many, his ball handling is usually sublime all I can say is it happens sometimes you just cant do nothing right no matter how hard you try.
Prys I;m waiting. :D

I thought it was promising with better things to come ;)

:thumbup:

Happens to the best of them mate, he'll bounce back.

Hy Mate nice to hear from you again, I don't think Falatau had a bad game he dropped a couple passes he would normally take, but some of the passes to him where shockers,
I agree on Davies did his CV no credit at all, Evans, you are talking about the winger I assume,
I agree with this too, I think he now realises he hasn't the time in international rugby he has for Llanelli. But that will come he has the basics, so too Williams, some posters would like them to be covered with fairy dust and do nothing wrong, in real life perfect is not always achieved :D

I think for his usually high standards Toby didn't have the greatest game, but it happens and he's been our most consistent performer for some time now

I was talking about Rob Evans, who like falatau has been one of our better performers over the last 12-18 months and for me he didn't have the best of games on Saturday

I do agree with you about Steff, he looked decent enough and will only improve from his performance. About time he was given his chance, hopefully he takes it.

I didn't record it so cant watch it again and check out Rob Evans I initially thought he did OK, but I bend the knee to your younger eyes, I also think Dacey should be dropped from the bench and the scrum half who came off the bench should be played. Every one I know wonders why Liam Williams is not at FB, I have no Idea how bad JDs injury is but I would have left him out of this one along with AWJ and my hero, the rest, let them go again, Maybe let Priestland have a go too.

I think that the Lions was a marker that Williams is rated at fullback ahead of Halfpenny. The question is the choice of wings. On balance the team is probably better with Williams on wing and Halfpenny at fullback than the other way round. With many of our wingers injured I don't know who we would play at wing to replace Halfpenny.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
I think that the Lions was a marker that Williams is rated at fullback ahead of Halfpenny. The question is the choice of wings.

On balance the team is probably better with Williams at wing and Halfpenny at fullback than the other way round. With many of our wingers injured I don't know who we would play at wing to replace Halfpenny.

It'll sort itself out with Gatland 2 driving changes.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:56 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
I think that the Lions was a marker that Williams is rated at fullback ahead of Halfpenny. The question is the choice of wings.

On balance the team is probably better with Williams at wing and Halfpenny at fullback than the other way round. With many of our wingers injured I don't know who we would play at wing to replace Halfpenny.

Hallam on the wing in place of Liam. The Liam at fullback. Simple!
Biggar to take the place kicks.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:22 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Does Amos have enough zip to be an international wing? He just squeezed in at the corner on Saturday when it should have been a routine finish really.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Does Amos have enough zip to be an international wing? He just squeezed in at the corner on Saturday when it should have been a routine finish really.

I wouldn't say that, he was being closed down very quickly, was a very good finish in my opinion,

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:06 pm
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:

I think that the Lions was a marker that Williams is rated at fullback ahead of Halfpenny. The question is the choice of wings. On balance the team is probably better with Williams on wing and Halfpenny at fullback than the other way round. With many of our wingers injured I don't know who we would play at wing to replace Halfpenny.

I for one would think halfpenny could do a job for us on the wing and would be very good cover for when Liam entered the line, only my opinion of course,

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 pm
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

Hallam on the wing in place of Liam. The Liam at fullback. Simple!
Biggar to take the place kicks.

Is Hallam better than Leigh? Genuine question. I personally don't think so.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

I wouldn't say that, he was being closed down very quickly, was a very good finish in my opinion,

The bounce of the ball somewhat stopped his momentum as well.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tom21 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

The bounce of the ball somewhat stopped his momentum as well.

I think so, but he is yet to be tested. I think he will get a full run against Georgia.
I like Hallam as a fullback, but I think Liam at the back is magic. Liam has a natural rugby brain, he seems to know when to hold, when to fold and when to kick and when to run. Contrast Ha'penny mostly caught in two minds and taking the wrong option. OK, he does have his moments but I don't think the Toulon game did him any favours. He was all at sea, to begin with at Llanelli but he did fit in a little better as the season has progressed. He could yet prove me wrong, but I would still prefer Liam at fullback whoever Gats puts at 11 & 14.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

He's a victim of playing at Newport with poor coaching. He was always standing still waiting for the ball, not moving in line and taking the ball at pace.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:06 pm
thread ruining clique

There won't be much international experience in the back five if 1/2d is dropped, especially if JD2 is going to be out. That will put pressure on Liam Wills - might be okay for the Georgia game, but risky against NZ.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:18 pm
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
There won't be much international experience in the back five if 1/2d is dropped, especially if JD2 is going to be out. That will put pressure on Liam Wills - might be okay for the Georgia game, but risky against NZ.

We also need to get our best team playing together. Not a lot of point fielding a completely experimental team.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

We also need to get our best team playing together. Not a lot of point fielding a completely experimental team.

I think part of the problem is that we don't know our best team at this moment in time.

Also, I think this is the best time to experiment, the AI's have no real relevance - leaving aside WR points/ranking - so we can take the lessons learned into the 6N with a decent nucleus of players thus building up to the RWC.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

We do seem to have reached the tipping point of letting the old guard go and blooding the youngsters.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:21 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

He's a victim of playing at Newport with poor coaching. He was always standing still waiting for the ball, not moving in line and taking the ball at pace.

Maybe, but the finish was pro, many wouldn't have avoided touch and grounded in that fashion.

He's a useful member of the squad and usually disciplined.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:28 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next