It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Wales v Australia 
Regional Player

Post Re: Wales v Australia
Was Owen Williams really a success at 12? He messed up a simple pass early on, and our best back moves were when he gave a simple pass as acting fly-half and Biggar was the one at second receiver. Granted he defended quite well and the very fact that he can step into the 10 position is very useful, but he did little to impress me.

Rewatching I have to say Faletau pretty much lost us this game, 5 turnovers, 4 of which were basic errors. Halfpenny was very poor in attack with 3 small errors, passing too early at one point, running into a brick wall when countering and not passing at one point when it was on out wide. Everyone else played really well. Biggar or Rob Evans my motm.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I don't know what happened behind closed doors, but you're right teams eventually will work you out, as I've said in my previous post subtle changes are needed sometimes, which the players must be allowed to do, they must not be so restricted so that they will be afraid to question.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:47 am
World XV Player

Falatau, lost us the game :D I missed that.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 am
World XV Player

:D

Enjoy some tries ...

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 am
World XV Player

Personally I think Evans had a poor game by his usual high standards. Took a while to get into the game and made a couple of poor errors him self

Gareth Davies was another that was poor, but that's no surprise really

That being said Toby wasn't at the races on Saturday and will be disappointed with his performance nqat.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Hmm, :) I've read some of the posts, I find it a little strange that people here have condemned so many,
I thought we had had too much of Warren ball and were baying for change, my mistake.
we are playing a completely new style of rugby we haven't brought in a few subtle changes we've changed it big time.
Which of course all change takes time, for me I saw positives O Williams is a find and will be with us for a long time yet, as for S Evans he needs to bring others in and not try to do too much.
As for Falatau many here know I have championed him against many, his ball handling is usually sublime all I can say is it happens sometimes you just cant do nothing right no matter how hard you try.
Prys I;m waiting. :D

I thought it was promising with better things to come ;)

:thumbup:

Happens to the best of them mate, he'll bounce back.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:58 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Gatlandball 2 will be the way to go now.

Get used to it.

:cheers:

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 am
World XV Player

Evan Roberts wrote:
Was Owen Williams really a success at 12? He messed up a simple pass early on, and our best back moves were when he gave a simple pass as acting fly-half and Biggar was the one at second receiver. Granted he defended quite well and the very fact that he can step into the 10 position is very useful, but he did little to impress me.

Rewatching I have to say Faletau pretty much lost us this game, 5 turnovers, 4 of which were basic errors. Halfpenny was very poor in attack with 3 small errors, passing too early at one point, running into a brick wall when countering and not passing at one point when it was on out wide. Everyone else played really well. Biggar or Rob Evans my motm.

I wouldn't say Owen Williams was a standout player on the weekend. But for his first start in Cardiff playing a role in a team getting used to it, against Australia - you have to say he did pretty well.

Faletay didn't have his best game but given how good he normally is, I suspect it wasn't entirely his fault.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Hmm, :) I've read some of the posts, I find it a little strange that people here have condemned so many,
I thought we had had too much of Warren ball and were baying for change, my mistake.
we are playing a completely new style of rugby we haven't brought in a few subtle changes we've changed it big time.
Which of course all change takes time, for me I saw positives O Williams is a find and will be with us for a long time yet, as for S Evans he needs to bring others in and not try to do too much.
As for Falatau many here know I have championed him against many, his ball handling is usually sublime all I can say is it happens sometimes you just cant do nothing right no matter how hard you try.

Hy Mate nice to hear from you again, I don't think Falatau had a bad game he dropped a couple passes he would normally take, but some of the passes to him where shockers,
I agree on Davies did his CV no credit at all, Evans, you are talking about the winger I assume,
I agree with this too, I think he now realises he hasn't the time in international rugby he has for Llanelli. But that will come he has the basics, so too Williams, some posters would like them to be covered with fairy dust and do nothing wrong, in real life perfect is not always achieved :D

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 am
Regional Player

Cymru am byth wrote:

I wouldn't say Owen Williams was a standout player on the weekend. But for his first start in Cardiff playing a role in a team getting used to it, against Australia - you have to say he did pretty well.

Faletay didn't have his best game but given how good he normally is, I suspect it wasn't entirely his fault.

At 9, 10, 11, 13 and 14 we have world class players in our backs (I already rate Steff Evans very highly, plus we have North to come back), my feeling is that Owen Williams will always be a bit of a weak link and can not reach the same level.

Last time Faletau had a bad game he followed it up by a string of outstanding performances so I am not worried about him. But no point hidding that his poor performance was maybe the key difference between the two sides.

I do not get why people are knocking Gareth Davies I remember him making a nice break and doing very little wrong? Was he at fault for the scrappy ball at the base of the ruck leading to several turnovers, I am not so sure.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Evan Roberts wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:

At 9, 10, 11, 13 and 14 we have world class players in our backs (I already rate Steff Evans very highly, plus we have North to come back), my feeling is that Owen Williams will always be a bit of a weak link and can not reach the same level.

Last time Faletau had a bad game he followed it up by a string of outstanding performances so I am not worried about him. But no point hidding that his poor performance was maybe the key difference between the two sides.

I do not get why people are knocking Gareth Davies I remember him making a nice break and doing very little wrong? Was he at fault for the scrappy ball at the base of the ruck leading to several turnovers, I am not so sure.

I think the Owen Williams question will take a bit to bed in. Either way though, it is the type of player rather than him specifically that I like.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:

Hy Mate nice to hear from you again, I don't think Falatau had a bad game he dropped a couple passes he would normally take, but some of the passes to him where shockers,
I agree on Davies did his CV no credit at all, Evans, you are talking about the winger I assume,
I agree with this too, I think he now realises he hasn't the time in international rugby he has for Llanelli. But that will come he has the basics, so too Williams, some posters would like them to be covered with fairy dust and do nothing wrong, in real life perfect is not always achieved :D

I think for his usually high standards Toby didn't have the greatest game, but it happens and he's been our most consistent performer for some time now

I was talking about Rob Evans, who like falatau has been one of our better performers over the last 12-18 months and for me he didn't have the best of games on Saturday

I do agree with you about Steff, he looked decent enough and will only improve from his performance. About time he was given his chance, hopefully he takes it.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
The truth is we are playing catch up owing to a failure to push on after 2015; this has been a mixture of negligence by the RU, complacency from Gatland and Howley's incompetence. We lost a year thanks to Gatland being allowed to coach the Lions again and this led to an enhanced stagnation as everything was effectively in limbo.

We saw signs on Saturday but Ireland seem to have pushed on again.

Buggie not sure I can agree with you. The cream of Ireland was mesmerized by Scarlet's display in the semi and final last year. I would take the result of their match against the Boks with a pinch of salt. Rather let us rename the current Boks as an SA xv. SA have a quota system and unless they change they are no longer a Bok team.
Oz, France, and England are persevering with their big backs so I do not think that we are behind the curve. I think we are ahead of the curve. Take away Beal's try which should never have been allowed to stand, then where did their big backline really get them. At one stage in the second half, they were like rabbits staring into car headlights. If it weren't for some uncharacterized mistakes by some of our senior players we could have won (should have won). Faletau has been mentioned but Foxy, Alun WJ (making an injudicious grab for the line when the backs were screaming for the ball and losing it), Faletau has been mentioned, Ha'penny I have a problem with, hopefully, he can be more productive after being with Scarlets for a few more games. He was hardly noticeable on the attack being in two minds and taking the wrong options. Owens was his usual shaky self at the lineouts and was guilty of giving away a crucial freekick turning an attacking lineout into defense.
Gareth Davies, what can I say? Brilliant every now and again but sloppy at other times. He could be one of the best if he could be more consistently brilliant.
OK, BigRed that is enough nonsense for now. :D

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:

I think for his usually high standards Toby didn't have the greatest game, but it happens and he's been our most consistent performer for some time now

I was talking about Rob Evans, who like falatau has been one of our better performers over the last 12-18 months and for me he didn't have the best of games on Saturday

I do agree with you about Steff, he looked decent enough and will only improve from his performance. About time he was given his chance, hopefully he takes it.

I didn't record it so cant watch it again and check out Rob Evans I initially thought he did OK, but I bend the knee to your younger eyes, I also think Dacey should be dropped from the bench and the scrum half who came off the bench should be played. Every one I know wonders why Liam Williams is not at FB, I have no Idea how bad JDs injury is but I would have left him out of this one along with AWJ and my hero, the rest, let them go again, Maybe let Priestland have a go too.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 pm
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:

I didn't record it so cant watch it again and check out Rob Evans I initially thought he did OK, but I bend the knee to your younger eyes, I also think Dacey should be dropped from the bench and the scrum half who came off the bench should be played. Every one I know wonders why Liam Williams is not at FB, I have no Idea how bad JDs injury is but I would have left him out of this one along with AWJ and my hero, the rest, let them go again, Maybe let Priestland have a go too.

Yeah I'd go along with that, maybe give Toby 50 or so just to get that poor performance out of his system? I was impressed with both Navidi and Shingler too?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next