It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Wales v Australia 
Schools District Player

Post Re: Wales v Australia
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Hmm, :) I've read some of the posts, I find it a little strange that people here have condemned so many,
I thought we had had too much of Warren ball and were baying for change, my mistake.
we are playing a completely new style of rugby we haven't brought in a few subtle changes we've changed it big time.
Which of course all change takes time, for me I saw positives O Williams is a find and will be with us for a long time yet, as for S Evans he needs to bring others in and not try to do too much.
As for Falatau many here know I have championed him against many, his ball handling is usually sublime all I can say is it happens sometimes you just cant do nothing right no matter how hard you try.
Prys I;m waiting. :D

I thought it was promising with better things to come ;)

:thumbup:

Happens to the best of them mate, he'll bounce back.

Hy Mate nice to hear from you again, I don't think Falatau had a bad game he dropped a couple passes he would normally take, but some of the passes to him where shockers,
I agree on Davies did his CV no credit at all, Evans, you are talking about the winger I assume,
I agree with this too, I think he now realises he hasn't the time in international rugby he has for Llanelli. But that will come he has the basics, so too Williams, some posters would like them to be covered with fairy dust and do nothing wrong, in real life perfect is not always achieved :D

I think for his usually high standards Toby didn't have the greatest game, but it happens and he's been our most consistent performer for some time now

I was talking about Rob Evans, who like falatau has been one of our better performers over the last 12-18 months and for me he didn't have the best of games on Saturday

I do agree with you about Steff, he looked decent enough and will only improve from his performance. About time he was given his chance, hopefully he takes it.

I didn't record it so cant watch it again and check out Rob Evans I initially thought he did OK, but I bend the knee to your younger eyes, I also think Dacey should be dropped from the bench and the scrum half who came off the bench should be played. Every one I know wonders why Liam Williams is not at FB, I have no Idea how bad JDs injury is but I would have left him out of this one along with AWJ and my hero, the rest, let them go again, Maybe let Priestland have a go too.

The whole match is on youtube, I watched it again last night.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Aussie are looking really good, in our games down here too, don't beat yr selves up too much, Aussie getting their mojo back, adding to that though the Aussie, England/Ireland game may be the reality check for us all, are they playing both, sorry been out of loop

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

BigRed wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
I think that the Lions was a marker that Williams is rated at fullback ahead of Halfpenny. The question is the choice of wings.

On balance the team is probably better with Williams at wing and Halfpenny at fullback than the other way round. With many of our wingers injured I don't know who we would play at wing to replace Halfpenny.

It'll sort itself out with Gatland 2 driving changes.

Hallam on the wing in place of Liam. The Liam at fullback. Simple!
Biggar to take the place kicks.

Agree, 1/2 penny is only there for his kicking, and that is not much better than Biggars at the moment, stick him on the bench.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Forrealz wrote:
Aussie are looking really good, in our games down here too, don't beat yr selves up too much, Aussie getting their mojo back, adding to that though the Aussie, England/Ireland game may be the reality check for us all, are they playing both, sorry been out of loop

It really feels like one that got away, despite what some have written. We handed Oz enough field position to win the match with pretty simple errors in the first half basically.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

It really feels like one that got away, despite what some have written. We handed Oz enough field position to win the match with pretty simple errors in the first half basically.

its a bloody hard one, as much as, Aussie can beat us, nz, on their good day, and there team has changed, re number of PI players, improvement a bit in scrum etc, still hard to tell if they are a good benchmark for u, because in the last couple months they have looked menacing again, but has that consistency happened. Hopefully they are very good as recent form says, and means Wales arnt as bad as some think.. hope that doesn't sound negative..

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

OZ are not playing Ireland, we have Fiji up next followed By Argentina.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

This always seems to be the case with us though, I've lost count of the number of games we "could and should" have won over the years, the fact is we didn't win.
We always seem to need many things to be in our favor to win certain games, playing a full team, bounce of the ball, the right ref, can't be the first game up, the stars and planets to be in a certain alignment, etc, etc.
I'm not having a go at you by the way, just saying that this is a regular occurrence, after a close loss, I would put it down to us not being quite good enough on the day.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
buglet wrote:
The truth is we are playing catch up owing to a failure to push on after 2015; this has been a mixture of negligence by the RU, complacency from Gatland and Howley's incompetence. We lost a year thanks to Gatland being allowed to coach the Lions again and this led to an enhanced stagnation as everything was effectively in limbo.

We saw signs on Saturday but Ireland seem to have pushed on again.

Buggie not sure I can agree with you. The cream of Ireland was mesmerized by Scarlet's display in the semi and final last year. I would take the result of their match against the Boks with a pinch of salt. Rather let us rename the current Boks as an SA xv. SA have a quota system and unless they change they are no longer a Bok te Fthate, and England are persevering with their big backs so I do not think that we are behind the curve. I think we are ahead of the curve. Take away Beal's try which should never have been allowed to stand, then where did their big backline really get them. At one stage in the second half, they were like rabbits staring into car headlights. If it weren't for some uncharacterized mistakes by some of our senior players we could have won (should have won). Faletau has been mentioned but Foxy, Alun WJ (making an injudicious grab for the line when the backs were screaming for the ball and losing it), Faletau has been mentioned, Ha'penny I have a problem with, hopefully, he can be more productive after being with Scarlets for a few more games. He was hardly noticeable on the attack being in two minds and taking the wrong options. Owens was his usual shaky self at the lineouts and was guilty of giving away a crucial freekick turning an attacking lineout into defense.
Gareth Davies, what can I say? Brilliant every now and again but sloppy at other times. He could be one of the best if he could be more consistently brilliant.
OK, BigRed that is enough nonsense for now. :D[/quote

==============================================

Sorry BR, but harping on about last year as if Llanelli invalidates a magnificent win over the Springboks, is certainly indefensible. What has one got to do with the other? Unless it's a convenience for defeat. We earned that win and it's unacceptable to dismiss it on selection technicalities, when Wales didn't do as well. Will it still be a SA XV if Wales best them?

Haven't you said that the Scarlets aren't as convincing this year? Again, what is that to do with Ireland? Sorry, not having that.

Sean

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
BigRed wrote:
buglet wrote:
The truth is we are playing catch up owing to a failure to push on after 2015; this has been a mixture of negligence by the RU, complacency from Gatland and Howley's incompetence. We lost a year thanks to Gatland being allowed to coach the Lions again and this led to an enhanced stagnation as everything was effectively in limbo.

Buggie not sure I can agree with you. The cream of Ireland was mesmerized by Scarlet's display in the semi and final last year. I would take the result of their match against the Boks with a pinch of salt. Rather let us rename the current Boks as an SA xv. SA have a quota system and unless they change they are no longer a Bok te Fthate, and England are persevering with their big backs so I do not think that we are behind the curve. I think we are ahead of the curve. Take away Beal's try which should never have been allowed to stand, then where did their big backline really get them. At one stage in the second half, they were like rabbits staring into car headlights. If it weren't for some uncharacterized mistakes by some of our senior players we could have won (should have won). Faletau has been mentioned but Foxy, Alun WJ (making an injudicious grab for the line when the backs were screaming for the ball and losing it), Faletau has been mentioned, Ha'penny I have a problem with, hopefully, he can be more productive after being with Scarlets for a few more games. He was hardly noticeable on the attack being in two minds and taking the wrong options. Owens was his usual shaky self at the lineouts and was guilty of giving away a crucial freekick turning an attacking lineout into defense.
Gareth Davies, what can I say? Brilliant every now and again but sloppy at other times. He could be one of the best if he could be more consistently brilliant.

Sorry BR, but harping on about last year as if Llanelli invalidates a magnificent win over the Springboks, is certainly indefensible. What has one got to do with the other? Unless it's a convenience for defeat. We earned that win and it's unacceptable to dismiss it on selection technicalities, when Wales didn't do as well. Will it still be a SA XV if Wales best them?

Haven't you said that the Scarlets aren't as convincing this year? Again, what is that to do with Ireland? Sorry, not having that.

Sean

Well, Let us see how the rest of the AI's pan out.
Just one question (be truthful with your answer). Is the SA team selected on merit or on quotas?
As regards Scarlets, we have lost a very influential player in Liam Williams and have had a few key injuries which is why we are not in the same ballpark as we were when we thumped both your top sides in your own arenas in the semi-final and final last year. :D

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fact is BR, Ireland have a much better record vs the SH than we do and that matters a lot more than a couple of P12 matches at the end of last season. We may well kick on ourselves from here and get back to some form but in the meantime let us give the Irish all credit for a superb win - better vs the Boks than we will achieve, i will predict that.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
BigRed wrote:
buglet wrote:

Sean

Just one question (be truthful with your answer). Is the SA team selected on merit or on quotas?
As regards Scarlets, we have lost a very influential player in Liam Williams and have had a few key injuries which is why we are not in the same ballpark as we were when we thumped both your top sides in your own arenas in the semi-final and final last year. :D

Naas Botha trying to put a positive spin (but who are his employers a bit like listening to Hesseltine on BREXIT). :D

Cape Town - Legendary former Springbok flyhalf Naas Botha says transformation should not be used as an excuse for the national team’s demise.

The Springboks are currently ranked fifth on the official World Rugby rankings, but are not the revered team they once were.

In recent times, heavy losses to arch-rivals the All Blacks and first time defeats to the likes of Japan, Italy and Argentina have diminished the credibility of the two-time world champions.

The blame is often laid at the door of transformation as SA Rugby aims to have the Springbok team made up of 50% black and coloured players at the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan.

Botha spoke to English publication, The Guardian, which published an in-depth look at the state of rugby in South Africa 25 years since the Springboks' return to the international fold.

He said “quotas” cannot be used as an excuse for the national team’s defeats.

“I never had any complaints regarding the way forward. It’s the new South Africa and for rugby to grow you must involve everybody. I just get fed up with people saying the quota system is the problem. Absolute nonsense. We are not losing because of quotas. We lose because we’re not playing well. I watched the semi-finals of Currie Cup and half the guys couldn’t even catch the ball.”

The 59-year-old Botha, who played 28 Tests for the Springboks between 1980 and 1992, currently works as a rugby pundit for pay-channel SuperSport.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
BigRed wrote:
buglet wrote:

Sean

Oh well, if the Scarlets haven't stormed Europe this year, of course you want to talk about last year, come on you're making excuses... :D And quotas or not, we had to work hard for our win, with JS not sharing your view of the Springboks. You wouldn't have stood Leinster or Munster fans complaining about your forward passing incidentally, so I find it hard to listen to on an equitable ticket, when you want to complain about misfortune.

We have a better recent record against Australia, sorry but there it is.

Sean

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
Fact is BR, Ireland have a much better record vs the SH than we do and that matters a lot more than a couple of P12 matches at the end of last season. We may well kick on ourselves from here and get back to some form but in the meantime let us give the Irish all credit for a superb win - better vs the Boks than we will achieve, i will predict that.

:thumbright:

Sean

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27