It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017 
Author Message
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: North of England
Post Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Teams when available, Bundee Aki set to make his debut, according to this BBC article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41905289

British Broadcasting Corporation 2017

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cautiously optimistic for this one, we've beaten them once recently and that was in their back yard.

Sean


Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:44 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Junior Player

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm
Posts: 152
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
15 Kearney (Leinster)
14 Stockdale (Ulster)
13 Henshaw (Leinster)
12 Aki (Connacht)
11 Earls (Munster)
10 Sexton (Leinster)
9 Murray (Munster)
8 Stander (Munster)
7 O'Brien (Leinster)
6 O'Mahony (Munster)
5 Henderson (Ulster)
4 Toner (Leinster)
3 Furlong (Leinster)
2 Best (Ulster)
1 Healy (Leinster)

16 Herring (Ulster)
17 Kilcoyne (Munster)
18 Ryan (Munster)
19 Dillane (Connacht)
20 Ruddock (Leinster)
21 Marmion (Connacht)
22 Carbery (Leinster)
23 Conway (Munster)

Predicted team according to the Irish Times (Usually accurate)


Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59633
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
I can't see any London irish players :P :D

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:19 am
Profile
Regional Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:57 am
Posts: 679
Location: Leinster
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Cathalsmart wrote:
15 Kearney (Leinster)
14 Stockdale (Ulster)
13 Henshaw (Leinster)
12 Aki (Connacht)
11 Earls (Munster)
10 Sexton (Leinster)
9 Murray (Munster)
8 Stander (Munster)
7 O'Brien (Leinster)
6 O'Mahony (Munster)
5 Henderson (Ulster)
4 Toner (Leinster)
3 Furlong (Leinster)
2 Best (Ulster)
1 Healy (Leinster)

16 Herring (Ulster)
17 Kilcoyne (Munster)
18 Ryan (Munster)
19 Dillane (Connacht)
20 Ruddock (Leinster)
21 Marmion (Connacht)
22 Carbery (Leinster)
23 Conway (Munster)

Predicted team according to the Irish Times (Usually accurate)


Some changes to the above, Conway comes in at 14, Stockdale moves across to replace Earls at 11. Darren Sweetnam replaces Conway on the bench. James Ryan replaces Dillane on the bench too.


Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Posts: 10959
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Aki does qualify for Ireland

_________________
ImageEasy to consider past and present, it's the future and associated plan and strategy to achieve that takes the talent ..


Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:32 pm
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15129
Location: Japan
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Does Aki deserve his place? Has he been decent up there? Good luck to him, and Ireland, though I’ll be supporting the SH teams from this weekend. Come on the meat eaters! :occasion5:

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:30 am
Profile
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Both teams for Saturday, on this BBC link:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41930441

British Broadcasting Corporation 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean


Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
loosechange wrote:
Does Aki deserve his place? Has he been decent up there? Good luck to him, and Ireland, though I’ll be supporting the SH teams from this weekend. Come on the meat eaters! :occasion5:


Aki was a huge cog in Connacht's title success of 2016 and while he's not quite hit those heights thereafter (neither has the team come to think of it, albeit the loss of several key players intervening), he's more than worth his inclusion and adds physicality that someone like Jared Payne (much though I admire the skill and creativity he brings) just doesn't. For me, Aki is more of a line-breaker and against the Boks, that could be the difference.

Sean


Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:34 am
Posts: 15129
Location: Japan
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Does Aki deserve his place? Has he been decent up there? Good luck to him, and Ireland, though I’ll be supporting the SH teams from this weekend. Come on the meat eaters! :occasion5:


Aki was a huge cog in Connacht's title success of 2016 and while he's not quite hit those heights thereafter (neither has the team come to think of it, albeit the loss of several key players intervening), he's more than worth his inclusion and adds physicality that someone like Jared Payne (much though I admire the skill and creativity he brings) just doesn't. For me, Aki is more of a line-breaker and against the Boks, that could be the difference.

Sean

Cheers. Best of luck bro.

_________________
Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one, and fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around,
And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.


Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:33 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2142
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
The Home Nations need yet another project player like a hole in the head. (Before anyone says anything, I still oppose Hadleigh Parkes' inclusion in the Wales squad on principle too).


Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 4314
Location: North of England
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
najbritcol wrote:
The Home Nations need yet another project player like a hole in the head. (Before anyone says anything, I still oppose Hadleigh Parkes' inclusion in the Wales squad on principle too).


I hear what you say, but if he does well enough to help Llanelli win another PRO title, then I wonder if your opinion changes.

I'll give you a greater incentive: he scores the winning try against England.

Sean


Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:17 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59633
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
The Home Nations need yet another project player like a hole in the head. (Before anyone says anything, I still oppose Hadleigh Parkes' inclusion in the Wales squad on principle too).


I hear what you say, but if he does well enough to help Llanelli win another PRO title, then I wonder if your opinion changes.

I'll give you a greater incentive: he scores the winning try against England.

Sean


He was on the bench for the Pro12 play offs

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:47 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2142
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
najbritcol wrote:
The Home Nations need yet another project player like a hole in the head. (Before anyone says anything, I still oppose Hadleigh Parkes' inclusion in the Wales squad on principle too).


I hear what you say, but if he does well enough to help Llanelli win another PRO title, then I wonder if your opinion changes.

I'll give you a greater incentive: he scores the winning try against England.

Sean


I have no issue at club level, but for someone to play for a national team just because they have resided in the country for three years is utterly preposterous.


Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:31 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 18720
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
Agree entirely. Thought it had been changed to five years, though? :dontknow:

_________________
I have no *fupping* idea what I'm talking about.


Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:52 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 pm
Posts: 2142
Post Re: Ireland vs South Africa, Saturday November 11th, 2017
spinbreath wrote:
Agree entirely. Thought it had been changed to five years, though? :dontknow:


That law only comes into force in January, so Wales and Ireland can rush them in before then. :D


Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: