It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
France v NZ 
World XV Player

Post Re: France v NZ
awaywardlad wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Disapointed to lose but better than I expected.

Hats off ABs but unconvincing 2 nd half

:clap:

Yes it was an unconvincing second half but 5-31 at ht with a game
to come on Tuesday(?) it was real foot off the pedal stuff.And they play
again next weekend so it's all sorts of squad rotation stuff in the equation too.

I see it differently :

ABs are traditionally very well planned and organised and set up for any tour or tournament.

AB teams dont pull their feet off the pedal, they are ruthless and screw, it is their mindset and one which is admirable and a feature of their psychology and success.

They are well planned for tuesday and the development aspect..you bet! It would be very surprising if they weren't ...their overall capability to execute what is in front of them is legendary

France played very poorly in the first half and were rabbits in headlights, they did improve and the crowd gave them a good lift throughout but ABs were a better team and didn't fulfill AB traditional quality in the 2nd half and I don't think it was nevessarily Fra improvement or easing up with futhures in mind. If it was then it was out of character.

It is true that they were missing players but that was a good team and the one against them that was far away from them in capability and experience.

It was a poor showing second half and uncharacteristic.

I can't explain it and after a loss against Aus it will cause them some concern.

With their usual thoroughness they will retrieve it but it is unusual.

PS France play again on tuesday too and all teams play next weekend so they are not exceptional in that respect either

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:00 am
World XV Player

The ABs missing half their forward pack still smashed the French. The first half was what we expect, then we go to sleep for a bit and let the French back in. Charity I guess.

Naholo is back in great form. Him and Iaone make a great wing duo.

Is that 11 in a row now vs France? How shit rugby has gotten there? A country with a proud history of choking at the final hurdle, wouldn't even get to that hurdle now.

Personally I think that the Top 14 club competition has ruined French rugby. It's not the emphasis on club over country, it's the workload - French rugby just doesn't care about their players. What kind of union would sign up for 2 games in 4 days when the club players play so often if they actually cared about player welfare? Different case for NZR - our players are looked after, so when these money making games come up its no big deal.

The influx of SH players into France has exposed just how lacking in talent the French players truly are. People use the call them mercurial, and creative - but they were really just a shitty and inconsistent turd rolled in glitter. When you're crap most of the time but happen to score one decent try in 10 years - it doesn't make you a good team.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:08 am
World XV Player

We always knew that their greedy buying from the SH was always going to have a negative affect on their international team.

Money will destroy international rugby if it continues.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:46 am
World XV Player

Justic wrote:

Money will destroy international rugby if it continues.

Agreed and as stated everybody's nose is in the trough,

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:21 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
The ABs missing half their forward pack still smashed the French. The first half was what we expect, then we go to sleep for a bit and let the French back in. Charity I guess.

Is that 11 in a row now vs France? How shit rugby has gotten there? A country with a proud history of choking at the final hurdle, wouldn't even get to that hurdle now.

Personally I think that the Top 14 club competition has ruined French rugby. It's not the emphasis on club over country, it's the workload - French rugby just doesn't care about their players. What kind of union would sign up for 2 games in 4 days when the club players play so often if they actually cared about player welfare? Different case for NZR - our players are looked after, so when these money making games come up its no big deal.

The influx of SH players into France has exposed just how lacking in talent the French players truly are. People use the call them mercurial, and creative - but they were really just a shitty and inconsistent turd rolled in glitter. When you're crap most of the time but happen to score one decent try in 10 years - it doesn't make you a good team.

Rumoured here that the ABs poor second half performance was an act of pique at being refused to replace their headbands with halos in the match?

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:46 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Rumoured here that the ABs poor second half performance was an act of pique at being refused to replace their headbands with halos in the match?

SBW was told to get a yellow, putting much needed pressure on the blackness. Can’t fault his commitment to the cause. :thumbright:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:09 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

SBW was told to get a yellow, putting much needed pressure on the blackness. Can’t fault his commitment to the cause. :thumbright:

That's the spirit! :thumbup: some rehab?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

That's the spirit! :thumbup: some rehab?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 am
World XV Player

Gourdon cited for 'dangerous charge' and could miss SA game.

Apparently Dupont got man-o-match?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:48 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

He’s the young 9? Him and 10 are both low 20’s or have I completely fcuked that up?

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

He’s the young 9? Him and 10 are both low 20’s or have I completely fcuked that up?

Dupont 21 this month 4 caps, Bellau 21 ..was his first cap

Dupont getting rave reviews everywhere, Bellau too early?, Lopez the 10 big injury loss (broken leg), Trinh-Duc playing tonight to try and build something into the french side together with some other internationals ...most fallen from grace, think it's 6 or 7 new caps.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9