It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
France v NZ 
World XV Player

Post France v NZ
French team to be announced thursday, the french supporters pick (national poll over some time)is as follows :

Bonneval Toulon (maybe Ramos Tls)

Huget Tls
Penaud Clerm
Basta Toulon
Lacroix La Roc 1st cap

Bellaeau Toulon 1st cap
Dupont Tls

Goudron La Roc
An other???
Picamoles Mop
---
Taofifenua Toulon
Vahaamahina Clerm
---
Slimani Clerm
Guirado Toulon
Poirot Bdx

Bench ...toss a coin

Background in stream

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=75018

As for the game 4 days later ........depends who is left standing and anos...apparently it is not designated a ´Test Match' just a little exra revenue earner.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 pm
World XV Player

Post Re: France v NZ
I don’t think any kiwis would see revenue earner, just a chance for the fringe players to show what they’ve got. Can’t wait. What a treat, 2 games in 4 days. :occasion5:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:02 pm
World XV Player

Yes, looking forward to seeing fringe players getting an opportunity to establish their AB careers, or not. :D

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:44 am
World XV Player

Justic wrote:
Yes, looking forward to seeing fringe players getting an opportunity to establish their AB careers, or not. :D

Justic, if you believe that this willl be a match so to do?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:56 am
World XV Player

Apart from injuries and others rested, on tour ABs have some current concerns over Ioane, Kaino and Squire

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:11 pm
World XV Player

It’s basically a NZ A team vs a French A team, giving both countries a chance to cap, and blood in new players. There will be money to be made, but that’s the same for any pro game of rugby, or any sport for that matter.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:23 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
It’s basically a NZ A team vs a French A team, giving both countries a chance to cap, and blood in new players. There will be money to be made, but that’s the same for any pro game of rugby, or any sport for that matter.

Loosie, I don't agree and I think that you are neglecting the full scenario, as follows :

These are immediate fixtures in France :

10 Nov French Baa Baas (traditionally French players) v Maoris
11 Nov France v NZ
14 Nov ‘France v NZ’ not sure it counts and is recognised by World Rugby?
18 Nov France v SA
That is not a tournament, it’s an invasion and in almost mid-Season of ongoing competitive Championship(s)

The match the 14 Nov France/NZ is a sledgehammered fixture for revenue and little else. The French public and media are firmly of that opinion.

Facts about the set up :

-There was difficulty finding a venue, eventually a footy venue was negotiated
-It was set up late and after the traditional AI schedule. The original time for the match had to be renegotiated because :
A) The NZ squad had a plane to catch to get to Sco for upcoming international the immediate weekend
B) There is a big footy match later in the evening Fra/Germany 21:00 at Stade de France (hence that venue unavailability) … the venue is a footy haven despite a Top14 presence and could impact the gate.
-There was difficulty finding a TV channel coverage because the schedules were already committed. Eventually BeIn Sport (Al Jazeera Media Network) pay TV and Eurosport (I think?) negotiated cover. Traditionally French home internationals are ‘free to air’

Note : bif Footy match France/Germany at the Stade de France the same evening

The French public and media are very anti, some excerpts below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
France - Nouvelle-Zélande : ce match, c'est n'importe quoi !
(‘France – NZ : this match(ie the 14 Nov version) is rubbish’

First para
‘Included for financial reasons between 2 tests against NZ and SA the 14 Nov at Lyon is a sporting nonsense!’

It continues in similar vein ….
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/rugby/f ... 353243.php
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournées en ridicule
(‘Ridiculous tours’)
‘(ref extra match) ..Made without real purpose and without soul, the tours which clutter the international calendar are no more than a sad trap for revenue, and harmful to the health of the players’.

etc
https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Article/To ... ule/848914

The whole issue is further exacerbated by an unavailability of 20 players at the moment (see below (9 long term injuries) and now plus Fickou and Lamerat)

NOW I WOULD TOTALLY AGREE THAT WHY FRANCE HAS FOUND THEMSELVES WITH 20 PLAYERS UNAVAILABLE FOR SELCTION …IT BEGS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT QUESTION AND SHOULD BE TREATED SEPARATELY FROM THE CASE AGAINST THE EXTRA FIXTURE (ABOVE)

However it does exacerbate the issue.

It should also be respected that the Abs have unavailable players too and some significant.
(Moody, Franks, Retallick, Smith, M-Skudder, Dagg, Jodie Barrett)

However, the team announced for first test is formidable

Le XV néo-zélandais face aux Bleus :

McKenzie - Naholo, Crotty, S.B. Williams, Ioane - (o) B. Barrett, (m) A. Smith - Cane, Read (cap.), Fifita - Whitelock, Romano - Laulala, Coles, Hames

Remplaçants: Taylor, Crockett, Tu'ungafasi, S. Barrett, Todd, Perenara, Sopoaga, Lienert-Brown

The issue of the extent of the French timetable is another side issue that does need addressing and is being debated.

This silly additional fixture could well have damaging effect on amount of future S Hemp games and already off season tours are being questioned, especially as under the new regs the ‘Elite Squad’ must have 10 weeks post season rest.

The extra match and the extent of the timetable on resources between 10-18 Nov is clearly ridiculous!

The Abs may well benefit from using the extra game for development and the extra revenue but it is ill advised and of dubious development benefit too in the circumstances. They could also be compromised given the travelling time and preparation for the Sco match and if there are any undue injuries.

I have already voiced by concerns for player welfare and I remain hopeful that Players Union will become more active and already we have seen the English players concern and even talk of a potential strike.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am
World XV Player

First test NZ team :
(France team announced later today)

This is a strong XX however you look at it?

Le XV néo-zélandais face aux Bleus :

McKenzie - Naholo, Crotty, S.B. Williams, Ioane - (o) B. Barrett, (m) A. Smith - Cane, Read (cap.), Fifita - Whitelock, Romano - Laulala, Coles, Hames

Remplaçants: Taylor, Crockett, Tu'ungafasi, S. Barrett, Todd, Perenara, Sopoaga, Lienert-Brown

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:26 am
World XV Player

I’m kind of lost as to what you’re getting at mate. Both unions must’ve agreed to it, so the NZRFU see no problems regarding player welfare, and tbh, they are leading the way when it comes to player welfare imho, so absolutely no worries there.

If the FRU(no idea the official name) agreed, then they must think there’s no worries as well.......I suppose.

From where I’m sitting, it’s the NZ A team vs whoever the French throw at us, and imho it’s awesome! I’m always keen to watch the blackness play, test match or not.

If the French have fcuked up, then it’s no ones fault but their own. Can’t really blame anyone for that.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
I’m kind of lost as to what you’re getting at mate. Both unions must’ve agreed to it, so the NZRFU see no problems regarding player welfare, and tbh, they are leading the way when it comes to player welfare imho, so absolutely no worries there.

If the FRU(no idea the official name) agreed, then they must think there’s no worries as well.......I suppose.

From where I’m sitting, it’s the NZ A team vs whoever the French throw at us, and imho it’s awesome! I’m always keen to watch the blackness play, test match or not.

If the French have fcuked up, then it’s no ones fault but their own. Can’t really blame anyone for that.

If you think that that timetable is reasonable, i disagree.

Of course the Unions agreed it they colluded to achieve it in it's ill formed state.

Public and media opinion reflects it here and the complaint is that it is just revenue creation without real concern for player welfare and sensible competition.

The fact that both Unions agreed to it makes both culpable. I can understand why NZ would/should be more favourable ...revenue earning and close Season. The FFR are under considerable criticism for agreeing it and it is, I confess, another example of Union/Club warfare.

We can draw a line under our very different opinions.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:40 am
World XV Player

How can the NZRFU have anything to do with French problems? They didn’t hold anyone down to sign the dotted line, they obviously think it’s a good idea, otherwise they wouldn’t have agreed to the extra game.

If as you’ve said, the French public don’t like it, then that’s fair, they should let their union know.

I do understand the player welfare thing, but are any of the players who play the midweek game going to play a test? If they do, they won’t play 3 games in 8 days. No problems with 2 though, but I’m a test match rugby first fan, so that’s probably where I, along with many French fans, are different? Our priority is the national team, end of. If we can get players in that jersey, it’s good for us.

Anyway, it’s done now, so might as well enjoy the rugby. :occasion5:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:15 am
World XV Player

[quote="loosechange"]How can the NZRFU have anything to do with French problems? They didn’t hold anyone down to sign the dotted line, they obviously think it’s a good idea, otherwise they wouldn’t have agreed to the extra game.

[quote]

They were directly involved with the sledgehammered fixture and that's the bone of contention.

Loosie, I'm stopping here ... long sagas prevented.

French team announced this afternoon I expect an inexperienced squad.

I'm taking it from there now, ... the other issue well voiced and, for me, over.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:15 pm
World XV Player

This is the team the public wanted
Huget Tls, Penaud Clerm, Basta Toulon, Lacroix La Roc 1st cap
Bellaeau Toulon 1st cap, Dupont Tls
Goudron La Roc, An other???, Picamoles Mop
---
Taofifenua Toulon, Vahaamahina Clerm
---
Slimani Clerm, Guirado Toulon, Poirot Bdx
Bench ...toss a coin

This is what they got :
Le XV de France :

Ducuing (Bordeaux-Bègles) –
Huget (Toulouse), Doumayrou (La Rochelle), Bastareaud (Toulon), Thomas (Racing 92)
- Belleau (Toulon), Dupont (Toulouse) –

Gourdon (La Rochelle), Picamoles (Montpellier), Cancoriet (Clermont)
- Gabrillagues (Stade Français), Vahaamahina (Clermont) –
Slimani (Clermont), Guirado (Toulon, cap.), Poirot (Bordeaux-Bègles).

5 new caps, and A 20/21 yr old pair of half backs, Dupont 3 caps, Belleau 0 and he will be the kicker

The Abs handicap odds are +16, get your bets on for ++++ a
https://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union ... aps-coupon

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:25 pm
World XV Player

This is the team the public wanted
Huget Tls, Penaud Clerm, Basta Toulon, Lacroix La Roc 1st cap
Bellaeau Toulon 1st cap, Dupont Tls
Goudron La Roc, An other???, Picamoles Mop
---
Taofifenua Toulon, Vahaamahina Clerm
---
Slimani Clerm, Guirado Toulon, Poirot Bdx
Bench ...toss a coin

This is what they got :
Le XV de France :

Ducuing (Bordeaux-Bègles) –
Huget (Toulouse), Doumayrou (La Rochelle), Bastareaud (Toulon), Thomas (Racing 92)
- Belleau (Toulon), Dupont (Toulouse) –

Gourdon (La Rochelle), Picamoles (Montpellier), Cancoriet (Clermont)
- Gabrillagues (Stade Français), Vahaamahina (Clermont) –
Slimani (Clermont), Guirado (Toulon, cap.), Poirot (Bordeaux-Bègles).

4 new caps, and a 20/21 yr old pair of half backs, Dupont 3 caps, Belleau 0 and he will be the kicker

The ABs handicap odds are +16, get your bets on for ++++ ;)

https://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union ... aps-coupon

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:25 pm
World XV Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too late to edit

Bench :

Remplaçants : Maynadier (Bordeaux-Bègles), Chaume (Clermont), Kotze (Castres), Jedrasiak (Clermont), Jelonch (Castres), Serin (Bordeaux-Bègles), Trinh-Duc (Toulon), Penaud (Clermont)

Making 7 new caps in total :roll:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next