It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:21 am

Coach Gatland has spoken 
World XV Player

Post Coach Gatland has spoken
The current Welsh coach has let loose at some of his detractors - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41740446

He's confirmed what I've said all along - HE WAS NEVER A PART OF WHAT THE SCUM PRESS CALLED "GATLAND'S LAW".

Onwards and upwards :-

Quote:
"Is the 60 Cap policy better than we had before? Absolutely!"

"You looked at what was there before and for the World Cup in 2019 we would only have been able to pick two wildcard players and that would have been two from potentially [Taulupe] Faletau, [Rhys] Webb, [Dan] Biggar, [George] North, Liam Williams and maybe a couple of others as well," added Gatland.

Gatland claimed he had worked to reduce the threshold.

Quote:
"The regions - and we've been talking about this for the last 12 months - had been pushing hard for a 70-cap limit and I personally felt that was too high," he added.

"So I have personally been involved in the discussions about the cap limit trying to get what I thought was a fair number".

Quote:
I must reiterate, I wasn't involved in any discussions with the regions in terms of agreeing this policy between the Union and the regions."

"I got pushed out there from a media perspective on the Monday, and it was almost like it was my policy.

"We haven't heard one word from the regions at the moment about their involvement in that, and I would like to hear from them.

"This policy has been agreed by the two parties (regions and WRU) and I was involved in discussions four years ago when the Rugby Services Agreement came about.

"At the time, the regions were pushing for the rule (that) no player outside of Wales should be selected. I didn't think that was right."

Asked whether there was a clause to cover exceptional circumstances like an injury crisis in one position, Gatland said nothing was agreed.

Quote:
He added: "If it was a crisis at scrum-half you'd like to think common sense might prevail and people would allow that situation to evolve.

At this stage I don't know what would happen. I'd be at the mercy of other people agreeing to that."

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:47 am