It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Sean O'Brien 
World XV Player

Post Re: Sean O'Brien
Fingal wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Of course most people on forums down here see it as a load of shite, but he's a pretty good footy player, world class, probably best in his position at some points of his career.
Has he got a Book coming out? He's stirring it up a bit

The media seems to be doing most of the stirring tbf.

I don't know if he has a book in the works but he is a straight talking farm lad, just tells you what he believes. He is pretty grounded, he still helps his family out on the farm anytime he can. At the time of the interview he was at a Leinster promo at his local club Tullow.

Here is the interview that was covered by many of the papers. Seems pretty tame.
http://www.offtheball.com/podcasts/Off_ ... uth_Africa

definitely a dig at coaching

like his comment senior players should have stopped the over training, "ready to rock"
Better than the way the English utility was it Ashton did things after Aussie Lions tour on Henry

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Forrealz wrote:

Billy has a book to sell but he told the guy at the BBC interviewing him that he didn't have to mention the book in the interview if he didn't want to!! :wtf:

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

kiwi forum comments

You should have been send home with the 2nd Test Sean O'Brien, luckily the French ref had pity on you.

Lions did a great job but impressed how pissed off and narked SOB still is that they didn't win series. In modern game u get one shot at it...
its always someone else fault with these gits isn't it?

they seemed to forget how influential the damn stupid arse frog refs were...we had our chances to win the series i know...i'd like to know how i o'brien was'nt suspened as well...i think Steve Hansen & co are as well

Would love too see him say it too GATS face

My eyeballs hurt from rolling.

one always looks for a scapegoat in these situations

I'm sure his nose grew a bit more when he said that!

One word "D!ck"

Let it go you gave it y'all best shot not good enough maybe try a few more countries to get the perfect team who knows you pick the best from each country and we got contest

I can t wait for Wales vs Ireland next yr after those comments

U and yr comrads were the ones on the field, not Gatland and with all the games an training sessions yous had, yous shouldve won the series..build a bridge an get ova it mate

I agree B&IL should have won, the ABs without key players and the fact the best rugby players from 4 nations couldn't do the job against 1 nation

Carnt blame the coach he wasn't playing you were

What a *Tommy Tanker*.

After the fact that it's been months ago. You think that you're still that much better, don't blame anyone for your downfall.

Breaking news he's switching to soccer so he can cry about it

SOB...his initials are the same as SOB.

Beauden barrett to blame for not winning series

F up boy, lucky 2 b named in th touring side

My view the following: Lions (combined best of 4 nations)won that test with 3 points against an All Black team that was badly disrupted due to SBW's red card. Now why are they still crying ???? Ggggggg if the bounce of the ball worked out on the day the All Backs could just as well have won that game and won the series.....O brien please stop crying .....we are over it long time ago!!!!!

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

SOB seems a really good bloke and it is an odd commentary in top level rugby, which that generally believes in silence to the media on touchy issues. I tend to believe what he says, especially having watched the videos of the South Africa tour with the saem coaching staff which is very telling.

Puts the pressure on Wales for the AI's at a minimum.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:05 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

It's all becoming a bit footballish

Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:22 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Langland Exile wrote:
SOB seems a really good bloke and it is an odd commentary in top level rugby, which that generally believes in silence to the media on touchy issues. I tend to believe what he says, especially having watched the videos of the South Africa tour with the saem coaching staff which is very telling.

Agree with you on this. I've recently spoken to a Welsh player who was on the Lions tour and think SO'B is accurate in his comments. It's highly unlikely that any Welsh player will come out publicly and say anything against Howley or Gatland whilst they are still in charge of the Welsh set up. Not sure about his 3 - 0 comment, but that's just a matter of opinions.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

cosh wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Agree with you on this. I've recently spoken to a Welsh player who was on the Lions tour and think SO'B is accurate in his comments. It's highly unlikely that any Welsh player will come out publicly and say anything against Howley or Gatland whilst they are still in charge of the Welsh set up. Not sure about his 3 - 0 comment, but that's just a matter of opinions.

If you watch Howley on the 2009 tape, it is clear players are not listening to him. He has zero presence and sounds stressed beyond belief. That high pitched voice doesn't help...neither does looking like nervous wreck. Players respond to calm assurance and support, not hysterics.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:00 pm
Regional Junior Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Between shit like this, and the ignorant bleatings of the Welsh public fuelled by the media (or perhaps the other way around) what right minded coach is going to take the Welsh job once Gatland finally goes?

I think that would depend if a new coach had to keep the current bunch of assistant coaches or be allowed pick his own crew.

""Every man reaches retirement age""

Yes he has run out of ideas , we need a change. All organisation do after the CEO has been in job over 5 years, but the new man needs a free hand, and I recall Howley and McBride have been give new long term contracts last year. I think the absolute worse option would be for Gatland to go and Howley to be promoted.

Any new coach , in my opinion, should be committed to the Welsh team full time and not just filling in between other jobs.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

abh29 wrote:
[

Some pre-empt it with the Peter Principle ;)

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:18 pm
Regional Junior Player

Tony Panties wrote:
abh29 wrote:
[

Some pre-empt it with the Peter Principle ;)

I was quoting Bouch previous comment,

my comments on the CEO effective lifespan comes from a book called "Up the Organization" written by Robert Townsend" many years ago. His record of running large company's was famous. He had a section in his book "wearing out your welcome"

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Storm in a teacup for sure. I like O'Brien as a player but, let's be honest, he's nearer a borderline *thicko** than a rocket scientist.

If the Lions had had Jesus Christ as the backs coach they still wouldn't have won 3-0. They were lucky, very lucky, to win the second test and would have been blown away in the third bar some extremely uncharacteristic AB fupp-ups.

Howley is a proper flid mind.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
kiwi forum comments

You should have been send home with the 2nd Test Sean O'Brien, luckily the French ref had pity on you.

Lions did a great job but impressed how pissed off and narked SOB still is that they didn't win series. In modern game u get one shot at it...
its always someone else fault with these gits isn't it?

they seemed to forget how influential the damn stupid arse frog refs were...we had our chances to win the series i know...i'd like to know how i o'brien was'nt suspened as well...i think Steve Hansen & co are as well

Would love too see him say it too GATS face

My eyeballs hurt from rolling.

one always looks for a scapegoat in these situations

I'm sure his nose grew a bit more when he said that!

One word "D!ck"

Let it go you gave it y'all best shot not good enough maybe try a few more countries to get the perfect team who knows you pick the best from each country and we got contest

I can t wait for Wales vs Ireland next yr after those comments

U and yr comrads were the ones on the field, not Gatland and with all the games an training sessions yous had, yous shouldve won the series..build a bridge an get ova it mate

I agree B&IL should have won, the ABs without key players and the fact the best rugby players from 4 nations couldn't do the job against 1 nation

Carnt blame the coach he wasn't playing you were

What a *Tommy Tanker*.

After the fact that it's been months ago. You think that you're still that much better, don't blame anyone for your downfall.

Breaking news he's switching to soccer so he can cry about it

SOB...his initials are the same as SOB.

Beauden barrett to blame for not winning series

F up boy, lucky 2 b named in th touring side

My view the following: Lions (combined best of 4 nations)won that test with 3 points against an All Black team that was badly disrupted due to SBW's red card. Now why are they still crying ???? Ggggggg if the bounce of the ball worked out on the day the All Backs could just as well have won that game and won the series.....O brien please stop crying .....we are over it long time ago!!!!!

Just for your info, not saying this feedback is good at all, just our ego bloody minded attitude, form a wagon ring, around SoB and shoot him style, funny how there are a few gatland fans now here

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What goes on tour stays on.....Twitter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It was about time someone from Ireland had a go at Gatland , how long has the tour been over and they have been quiet , for what it's worth I thought gates was the wrong choice for the tour 'but is that his fault. Eddy Jones is the one I would have picked but it was not up to me.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Whilst I think he has a point, especially about Howley, I think it is stupid to claim the Lions could have whitewashed NZ.

Agreed and he really has no need to say things like this in public, especially as he's still busy regaining the former SOB for Leinster and Ireland. It won't change anything and certainly not the results from the tour.

Sean

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next