It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 am

Johnny McNicholl 
World XV Player

Post Johnny McNicholl
Seems to be improving at a pretty decent rate. When he becomes Welsh qualified (when is that?) and if he chooses that path, would he be worth having a look at? We're not exactly blessed with options on the wing.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Post Re: Johnny McNicholl
He won't be WQ till after the 2019 WC, and with Hallam Amos, Keelan Giles, Steff Evans and Ashton Hewitt all clearly rated by the management (not to mention their "Alex Cuthbert is always in the squad" policy) I don't think we will ever see him in a Welsh shirt.

Hadleigh Parkes is a more likely bet: he will be WQ by this year's 6N and our current 4th choice Centre is Cory Allen.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

McNicholl has an excellent turn of speed and is a far better player than those mentioned. He is also a natural footballer and reads the game well.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:06 pm
World XV Player

Figaro wrote:
He won't be WQ till after the 2019 WC, and with Hallam Amos, Keelan Giles, Steff Evans and Ashton Hewitt all clearly rated by the management (not to mention their "Alex Cuthbert is always in the squad" policy) I don't think we will ever see him in a Welsh shirt.

Hadleigh Parkes is a more likely bet: he will be WQ by this year's 6N and our current 4th choice Centre is Cory Allen.

I don't know if those players are that highly rated by the management though. I think they are selected because there aren't others to chose.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What I like about Steff Evans which IMHO puts him in a different class to the rest.
We all know of his try scoring ability, one would have to be tone dead not to have noticed. :D
What is not highlighted is the number of times he has chased down an interception or a clean break thereby saving a certain try.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:25 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I like Steff Evans a lot and he would be my first wing on the team sheet.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:32 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I like Steff Evans,....deserves Welsh squad presence and he doesn't need residence ;)

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:52 am
Club Player

I think he (Steff Evans) will be in the squad for the AI's and may well be capped, off the bench or against Georgia.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:10 pm
Profile E-mail