ScumV Rugby Forum - Welsh Rugby Forum - Rugby Chat at its Best
http://scumv.co.uk/

Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017
http://scumv.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=74355
Page 5 of 6

Author:  loosechange [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

SimplyRed wrote:
loosechange wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
loosechange wrote:
SimplyRed wrote:
People can support who they want, what team they want, male or female.

Of course they can, but if you are going to compare the ladies to a 3rd division side in Wales (which in NZ would be the primary school stuff :thefinger: )then you should prepare for a bit of shit.
Did you watch the final? Did you watch any games from the women's WC? It seems some people are saying women's rugby is shit without even seeing the standard of play, it's a bit sexist and stupid really. Going on your 3rds comment I don't think you watched the final. They've improved bigtime. Like most other sports nowadays, women might not reach the same level, but they bring other things that males don't bring to the game.......I know some of you are thinking tits and arse, but I mean other things. ;) For example, I much prefer watching women's volleyball because the rally's last a lot longer. I enjoy women's football because the women aren't diving arseholes like the men's game.

I watched a few of the women's WC games, some were pretty bad, but I wasn't expecting champagne rugby from the Japan v Hong Kong game. The final was bloody awesome though, and some of those girls would make many men look like amateurs. Hell, some of them could offload better than some of the men's players in the same position. Imho some of the women's games were a more pure form of how rugby was intended to be. No cheating, no cynical play, and fair. I


What are you talking about? I have watched womens rugby. I have watched golf, mens and womens. I don't happen to like any of it...that's not sexist and that in itself is an offensive comment. Good luck to anyone who wants to play anything or watch it..stop being arrogant. I'm a socialist and do a lot of work in this field. Please don't partoinise me or call me things...I probably shouldn't have compared it to anything but its not, yet, for me. I'm not saying I never will. I did watch the SEcond half yes and it was ok but am I going to watch it again/regularly, sorry mate, no. You accused me of comparing it with 3rd division rugby so I hope you deserve some shit by comparing it to football...!!! :)

:D I never called you sexist. And I didn't compare women's rugby to football. I wasn't being arrogant. I wasn't patronizing you. Are you drunk?

You said it's like watching a clubs 3rd side, which is ridiculous, I only asked you if you'd seen the games, being surprised by that comment. If you don't want to watch it then that's sweet as, but if you go into a thread about women's rugby and the only thing you say is, it's basically shit, then prepare to get shit. You then spit the dummy and say I'm being mean to you. In fact, why are you even here if you don't care about women's rugby? :scratch:

You've taken it all a bit to heart I think.


I think I may have misread your tone then LC, so apologies...no I am not drunk at this time of the day :)
but telling me I'm talking shit is arrogant and in your opinion so I'm not changing my mind on that...its not very nice is it now?!
I am HERE because I want to comment on it but if you decide I'm banned then fine, I wont bother.
cheers.

I didn't say you were talking shit bro, did I? :scratch: Although, I guess you were. :D If you don't think your first comment on this thread was to get a reaction, i.e. Talking shit, then I guess we don't see eye to eye.
Mate, I wasn't trying to get under your skin or anything, I genuinely thought you didn't watch any of the games because of that 3rds comment. Anyway, it's all good.
I have no qualms with anyone not liking women's sport, I couldn't give a shit tbh. I ain't yo mama, and even if I was, it ain't none of my business.
I quite enjoyed the final, probably helped because kiwis were in it, but I thought some of the skills on show were pretty impressive. The best bit is that they play a game that doesn't involve the ref as much as the lads.

Author:  loosechange [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Donkka wrote:
Got a bit heated here !!!

Watch what you like, comment on what you like, if a thread is of no interest to you then ignore it but if you want to comment - even if unfavourably - then do so but you may, quite reasonably, expect a bit of stick from other posters. That's life, just got to deal with it. Personally, I enjoyed the final but normally wouldn't walk from my gate to the kerb to watch a woman's game of rugby/golf/cricket/soccer etc.

My choice and I really couldn't give a rat's arse what any other poster thinks.

Nah bro, not heated, just a misunderstanding.
I'm not a fan of women's cricket, but I enjoy watching the golf. I play quite a bit and I'm always impressed with how freaking good they are. I reckon I'd score a few runs or even bowl a few out in cricket, but golf........I'd get embarrassed. :D The soccer ain't bad either, especially the big international games.

Anyway, I'm not here to try and change opinions, don't care.

Author:  Donkka [ Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Fair comment LC.

I've always avoided certain types of competition against girls - just in case I lost :cherry:

Author:  Justic [ Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Donkka wrote:
Fair comment LC.

I've always avoided certain types of competition against girls - just in case I lost :cherry:


:D

Author:  Four More Years [ Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

loosechange wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Got a bit heated here !!!

Watch what you like, comment on what you like, if a thread is of no interest to you then ignore it but if you want to comment - even if unfavourably - then do so but you may, quite reasonably, expect a bit of stick from other posters. That's life, just got to deal with it. Personally, I enjoyed the final but normally wouldn't walk from my gate to the kerb to watch a woman's game of rugby/golf/cricket/soccer etc.

My choice and I really couldn't give a rat's arse what any other poster thinks.

Nah bro, not heated, just a misunderstanding.
I'm not a fan of women's cricket, but I enjoy watching the golf. I play quite a bit and I'm always impressed with how freaking good they are. I reckon I'd score a few runs or even bowl a few out in cricket, but golf........I'd get embarrassed. :D The soccer ain't bad either, especially the big international games.

Anyway, I'm not here to try and change opinions, don't care.


I reckon that's it really. People want to see the peak of sport, or at the very least they want to think "that person would kick my arse". I totally agree with golf, and I'll add in to the the much maligned women's tennis. Having coached tennis for a bunch of years I can happily say that even the weakest of the top 100 women hit the ball far, far harder than the average male club player. Top male club players will get close, but will spray the ball everywhere doing it.

Of course pretty much any male in the top 1000 would wipe the floor with Serena Williams, but she satisfies the "could easily kick my arse" condition.

Author:  Bouch [ Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Four More Years wrote:
Of course pretty much any male in the top 1000 would wipe the floor with Serena Williams, but she satisfies the "could easily kick my arse" condition.


Serena gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.

Beat that.

:shock:

Author:  LLanrumneyOik [ Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Bouch wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Of course pretty much any male in the top 1000 would wipe the floor with Serena Williams, but she satisfies the "could easily kick my arse" condition.


Serena gave birth to a baby girl yesterday.

Beat that.

:shock:



One can spank a newborn to help its first breath but beat it? :D

Author:  Bouch [ Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

:D

Author:  Thegrimriper [ Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Bouch you are a nut!

Author:  Otto [ Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

It's a simple question actually? If you are entertained by a sport then fine, if not, then that's OK too? Anyone who watched most of the WC games would have realised that women's rugby isn't a carbon copy of the men's game, it's not physically possible! However, as a few have said there were elements of the ladies games that IMO, were actually superior to the men? Off-loading was exceptionally effective, and seeing good, old-fashioned, line-straightening players took me back to the early days of Henson doing it in the odd game? Ball was in play a lot, forwards didn't go to ground after a 2 metre run, kicks (having less power in them) exploited spaces behind the pack, instead of behind the 3/4 lines, it's also the case that player-size didn't offer the dominance we see in a male game! It's also way overdue that some of the top female referees be given the chance to ref a game, regardless of the sex of the team?

Canada has always struggled with rugby the game but nowadays, many community club sides have ladies teams who often produce more rugby teams than men? What's wrong with that if it actually grows the game both nationally and internationally?

Author:  LLanrumneyOik [ Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

I find Otto's points more convincing in this debate we shouldn't compare muscles to peaches when sport is all about contest, achievement and enjoyment. Off loading and line straightening? Jees that would be a delight to see in any game! To be honest those simple words would have gotten me to get some tickets for the games had I seen them.

Da Iawn Otto!

:occasion5:

Author:  Donkka [ Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Sorry to be a grouch but I still wouldn't be tempted along to see a woman's rugby game if they played it *ballhook*-naked.

But, hey, as Otto & Oik have said, good luck to those who enjoy it and my good wishes to all the ladies teams and their supporters.
Power to you, girls. :love4:

Author:  LLanrumneyOik [ Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Donkka wrote:
Sorry to be a grouch but I still wouldn't be tempted along to see a woman's rugby game if they played it *ballhook*-naked.

But, hey, as Otto & Oik have said, good luck to those who enjoy it and my good wishes to all the ladies teams and their supporters.
Power to you, girls. :love4:



Life would be awful boring if we all believed the same things. I can sustain your disappointment in the game, it is one less in the competition for tickets.

What I don't get is the failure to see endeavour in a player whether male or female. If they try and try and succeed surely that's positive? .... if you can see only men achieving then that is just darn right weird and I dare you to say that you have never shed a tear watching a female achieve!

The problem is in the clumsy mimicking of male and female games and demanding that they be the same. They can't be by the very definition of human gender oriented structure.

What we should do is to adjust the rules to get the best out of both whilst hanging strong with the intention and spirit of the game.

Author:  Forrealz [ Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

For me and some of the initial debate was professional payments for these players.

At least NZ and England pay their sevens players, do Wales pay their female woman's 7s team?, South Afrika anyone else?

Netball in NZ is 3/4 professional or semi pro. Hockey not sure, but doubt it.
NZ netball reps get paid from country and club, so would be on a full time wage. A club player say Steal, the starters (non nz reps) would get close to a full time wage, for that playing time, a benchy only about 20k, so semi pro, for Steal anyway as the only team I get info from.

It seems it would not be a goer for all 15's girls to be paid, but are the 15's girls not the sevens semi pro, do they get anything? Are we allowed to know Justic.

I hope they can work something out, for more exposure etc. possibly only country level, your U.K. France and us possibly Canada or USA Aussie are up for it.

Like everyone, pretty much said, it's individual if you like it, watch it and would pay to watch it.
Personally I think the NZ woman's team, is worthy, skilled and athletic enough, game style included.

Author:  Bouch [ Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Kiwi girls win RWC, 2017

Forrealz wrote:
I hope they can work something out, for more exposure etc. possibly only country level, your U.K. France and us possibly Canada or USA Aussie are up for it.

Like everyone, pretty much said, it's individual if you like it, watch it and would pay to watch it.
Personally I think the NZ woman's team, is worthy, skilled and athletic enough, game style included.


They are ferociously, even brutally, physical.

They're getting yellow carded now and that ferocity will need to be toned down.

Smashing lesser sides to pieces is fine and dandy - what do you think the good referees will do when England, France, the USA and Canada meet fire with fire?

Skills and athleticism are tremendous to watch - looking on aghast while young girls get smashed to bits isn't a lot of fun for most of us.

Ugh.

Page 5 of 6 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/