It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Sonny Bill appeals suspension 
World XV Player

Post Re: Sonny Bill appeals suspension
Forrealz wrote:
Unlike most here I'm a huge SBWs rugby fan and rate him very high in corelation to AB dominance in backs, that's all good loosie, as its opinion yours is good too.

For me it's all about the advantage we have with him on, the Aussie won't want him anywhere near the game.
Crotty ALB and laumape are all great. only one can partner SBWs.

I'm biast I don't care about the red. No damage done. I want him to play the Aussies so we have presence in the. Backs.

SBW is exceptional, his strength commits opposition and his offloading is exceptional.
He worries the opposition constantly.
He creates the space on which ABs thrive.
I've watched him since his RU entry with Toulon, outstanding player

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:55 am
World XV Player

Well, you got one, Forreal ..........

;)

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:02 am
World XV Player

I don't know Bouch, but like Tel, I rate him, and since his rugby beginnings in France, he has become
1) one of NZ s most polarized rugby personalities, people love and hate him
2) one of our biggest game breakers in the big games, again people love him or hate him

The Aussies know the hell they want him playing, imo, if they thought we had other better they would be ok.

Very nz focused but

SBW Crotty
SBW ALB

Or
Crotty ALB

I'd have one of the first 2 options any day

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Irrespective of how good he 'can' play is it not fair to criticise him for his unnecessary infringements against players and the very code itself?

It doesn't matter how good he is at play if his core is rancid.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Irrespective of how good he 'can' play is it not fair to criticise him for his unnecessary infringements against players and the very code itself?

It doesn't matter how good he is at play if his core is rancid.

It's not that a big issue ... for me it is just another example of how the tribunal penalties are inconsistent (not in this case ..it was just) and how they can be circumvented. All sorts of wriggling. I complimented NZRFU, SBW, Hansen for their acceptance of the offence and penalty. It was a breath of fresh air but now tarnished by trying to get SBW qualified for the Aus match. Disappointing ... no major issue. It has transpired that it is the NZRFU who is appealing on the issues of games played to qualify to play again which seems contrived. SBW looks an innocent party.

His capability has been discussed to show how important his presence is.

"...core rancid .." etc is, imo, out of order.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:22 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

You should be an assassin .. speak eloquent words .. and then slip in the dagger whilst no one notices.

The core is rancid for the very deliberate foul for which he was punished and this futile attempt at redemption.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

You should be an assassin .. speak eloquent words .. and then slip in the dagger whilst no one notices.

The core is rancid for the very deliberate foul for which he was punished and this futile attempt at redemption.

He was justly punished for his offence and accepted it.

You didn't read the post ... it was the Union attempt at redemption for a different reason ie tha games that he had played to remove the suspension. The Union is the party under criticism.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:38 pm
World XV Player

Has he not the balls to say: Hold on Guy's .. this is shyte! ?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There's no way I'd think he's rancid, imo

League is a funny old game where he was lauded to shoulder charge, it was legal until 2 years ago..
Like most of us here we played, I'd go high and hard all the time, but not above shoulders, but if people slipped in, it's hard.

It's a brutal game, I don't think I ever see SBWs play dirty. I've seen him go high against Willie Mason, but if you know Willie Mason, yep.

I saw Nonu, on the verge, lifter or high hitter, Jerry Collins marginal, Troy Flavell stomp.Hore punch tackle

But dirty players, Bakkes, Hartley, eye gougers etc (hore too for above)

The hit he did was pure brutal instinct, not directly purposes at head, but Watson? Did drop into it and SBWs went for the smash, red card, fair enough, but if rotten to the core means he will do the odd shoulder, high head chest hit, yep that may happen, but to me rotten is more like a Hartley
E.g. Your number 8s hit on mccaw several years back directly across head/chin compared to Jerry Collins on Charves which was a high chest hit. There is a big difference.

I'm confusing it, but if you watch SBWs 50 games of rugby for ABs, Chiefs and Blues you will see stuff all rotten to the core stuff. Yep there will be a shoulder harge in 2017, a late hit, marginal in 2015, a possible high hit in 2014.

Compared to 2 head butts in 2016 for Hartley, one eye gouge in 2015, a punch in 2014 and q eye gouge and a head but in 2013, etc there's a type player rotten to core, imo

Sorry that's highlacked that a bit

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:05 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

:occasion5: :cheers: :occasion5: I concede.

In any court there must be a decision.

You just made a bloody good case.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

At the same time I apologise for my reckless use of 'rancid' amongst posts to Welsh posters here. I ought to have been more aware of you Ambassadors and tempered my words better.

You have defended the man well.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
:occasion5: :cheers: :occasion5: I concede.

In any court there must be a decision.

You just made a bloody good case.

I don't know, e.g. Your number 8 that smashed MCaw if it was Vica versa we celebrate it so hard to be not biast .
Carters hit on your halfback the year before, the hore punch although we didn't condone it we were pretty "rugbys a tuff game" attitude.

SBWs was a rugby (league) prodigy is that the word?
I don't recon he's dirty but will play hard as.

I may be wrong as I am biast :thumbup:

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I reckon the ban was fair. I think the fact that the loopholes (to avoid the bans) exist is ridiculous. With a bit of effort we could see a much more fair system in place, but the current one size fits all approach is flawed.

That said the ABs have had to face players in other teams that have avoided bans in similar ways, the NZRU would be mugs to not try to do the same for their players.

What SBW did deserved the ban but it wasn't something over the top dirty like we've seen from other players. It gets the media because it's SBW and because it was a Lions test.

Fix the laws so no one can can avoid the bans.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:29 pm
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Unlike most here I'm a huge SBWs rugby fan and rate him very high in corelation to AB dominance in backs, that's all good loosie, as its opinion yours is good too.

For me it's all about the advantage we have with him on, the Aussie won't want him anywhere near the game.
Crotty ALB and laumape are all great. only one can partner SBWs.

I'm biast I don't care about the red. No damage done. I want him to play the Aussies so we have presence in the. Backs.

Furry muff.
I'm as big a fan as you bro, he's a boss, just differ with regards to his value in black. All good.

It's awesome having Laumape in the mix, good pressure.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:32 am
World XV Player

How did Laumape go against Lions, I didn't see it, which is sad of me.

Having 4 centers is crucial atm

I think like you (I think lol) ALB is probably the mainstay, he will always be in the mix

SBWs and Crotty seem to have lots of on off injuries
Laumape the young buck

From what I saw Crusaders vrs Chiefs, ALB seemed to be the maybe best performing centre?

SBWs is so good in the mix, whether it's starting or bench, so it will be interesting without him. This is crucial for starting positions, Crotty and ALB get their opportunity maybe to leap SBWs.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:23 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next