It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 am

Sonny Bill appeals suspension 
World XV Player

Post Sonny Bill appeals suspension
....in order to qualify for first test v Aus

That is what this french quote cites ...

I think that's a pity, hoped he would just accept it as he said he would!

If he'd appealed because it was unjust is one thing but to try to play v Aus is another?

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... ion/821674

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:19 am
World XV Player

Post Re: Sonny Bill appeals suspension
That's dangerous.

He'll get another 4 weeks for that if he goes ahead.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:46 am
World XV Player

He wants to play vs Aus and they thought a fun game would qualify as a game, it doesn't, so they are appealing that. They can so they do, I personally thought that the shoulder was worth a red, but that's it. Don't get the massive outcry. :scratch:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:53 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
He wants to play vs Aus and they thought a fun game would qualify as a game, it doesn't, so they are appealing that. They can so they do, I personally thought that the shoulder was worth a red, but that's it. Don't get the massive outcry. :scratch:

He should had more than 4 - it's a minimum 6 weeks.

Anyway, that's all to be settled by a higher power now, I'd guess the WR people will sit on the appeal - in more ways than one.

:D

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:08 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:

No 'massive outcry' !!

We have debated this significantly on here when the ban was announced and the devious means of penalty treatment in order to qualify for upcoming games has been cited in the past.
I complemented NZRFU, Hznsen and SBW on their acceptance of the penalty ...now it transpires there's a workaround to get him eligible for Aus.

No probs, NZRFU, Hansen and SBWare not a race apart their part of the graft too ...

Just worthsaying so ... ;)

Please let's not have another marathon discussion, that's my view and I've shared it.

end of

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:36 am
World XV Player

Great idea Tel but let us stick to the facts.

SBW did not appeal his sentence, the NZRU did and they are quite entitled to do so.

What is interesting is that three Aussie's heard the appeal and the aim of the appeal was to enable SBW to play in the in Sydney 19th August.

That should not have happened

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:59 am
Club Player

I don't get either the venom (from some) or the morbid interest (from others) in this case.

My own view is that it looked worse than it was, he got a red, got a ban, there's an appeal against the ban - cynical or not they're fully entitled to appeal - and we'll get a result. No big deal.

No doubt others will disagree but Hey, that's OK.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:11 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:

Please let's not have another marathon discussion, that's my view and I've shared it.

end of

Lol Dude :-) you just started the thread .. weren't no one else did it :-)

I hope he get's another 4 weeks on top for being a 'cheeky' cheat not just a plain nasty one.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Justic wrote:

SBW did not appeal his sentence, the NZRU did and they are quite entitled to do so.

What is interesting is that three Aussie's heard the appeal and the aim of the appeal was to enable SBW to play in the in Sydney 19th August.

Why? because they are immune to all black strokes?

Or are you impugning their integrity and that of the very game itself?

tsk! tsk!

I am all for closing ranks when in dire straights but some times you just gotta let the carousel wend its way.

:kermit:

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTw7vb9Jo8

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Come on SBWs, get the game
Big diff if he gets to play, Aussie won't want him anywhere near it.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
I don't get either the venom (from some) or the morbid interest (from others) in this case.

My own view is that it looked worse than it was, he got a red, got a ban, there's an appeal against the ban - cynical or not they're fully entitled to appeal - and we'll get a result. No big deal.

No doubt others will disagree but Hey, that's OK.

I've no opinion either way on the red card. However, surely the appeal should have been made before the third test? If not, the original decision should be upheld.

My annoyance with the bans is that they seem to be meaningless. There have been a couple of English players (I think it was Hartley) who had a ban that gave him a bit of free time then allowed him to play in important matches.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Justic wrote:

Why? because they are immune to all black strokes?

Or are you impugning their integrity and that of the very game itself?

tsk! tsk!

I am all for closing ranks when in dire straights but some times you just gotta let the carousel wend its way.

:kermit:

Why what Mr Frog ?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:59 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
loosechange wrote:

No 'massive outcry' !!

We have debated this significantly on here when the ban was announced and the devious means of penalty treatment in order to qualify for upcoming games has been cited in the past.
I complemented NZRFU, Hznsen and SBW on their acceptance of the penalty ...now it transpires there's a workaround to get him eligible for Aus.

No probs, NZRFU, Hansen and SBWare not a race apart their part of the graft too ...

Just worthsaying so ... ;)

end of

Some on here think he's the devils child!

All the kiwis who matter did indeed accept the punishment, but from my understanding there has been a bit of a mix up regarding the games he will miss, not the amount of games, hence the protest.

It's not a big deal really, if he misses the first test no worries, it's not like he's a main stay star or anything anyway.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:20 am
World XV Player

Unlike most here I'm a huge SBWs rugby fan and rate him very high in corelation to AB dominance in backs, that's all good loosie, as its opinion yours is good too.

For me it's all about the advantage we have with him on, the Aussie won't want him anywhere near the game.
Crotty ALB and laumape are all great. only one can partner SBWs.

I'm biast I don't care about the red. No damage done. I want him to play the Aussies so we have presence in the. Backs.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:57 am
Profile E-mail