It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Which home nation can take the most from the Lions? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Which home nation can take the most from the Lions?
In the end Loosie we are lucky
Three class centres duking it out
And Laumape at least hot on their heals

Quad series and AIs I'd like to see someone cement 1 spot at least :thumbup:

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:04 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
SBWs wasn't playing end of last year, ALBs form has been average building up to Lions, yep the man last year, He hasn't got a Bunce or Nonu cloak yet where home form didn't matter, could happen.
Nonu and a Smith hardly played bench. But ALB was benched because of a misdemener :D , yea right, that's a bit clutching at straws imho even for you loosie. But hey could of. He's a good player but atm, SBWs him and Crotty are neck and neck. As I've recon , SBWs action in test 2 may see him lose his spot. But opinion opinion I like SBWs with either Crotty or ALB. Crotty has grown on me this season, but I want to see the big int game. ALB played in three tests and didn't boss the centers. SBW in one did. Crotty played 20 mins.
Laumape prob played as well as ALB, Goodhue in waiting, I'd like to see how Goodhue and Crotty go against Fekitoa and Baracoutta for the landers. Aso, Moala, Ngatai chasing well, Moala and Ngatai still a bit to prove atm.

Just what I recon
Only diff we have is ALB late for training theory :D , and pecking order top three :thumbup:

:D I'm not saying one way or the other, just that I don't buy that Crotty and SBW were our best centers. I like all 3 of them, when many didn't rate Crotty I did. And I've always stuck up for SBW because I think he's a freak with a cracking attitude to life, family etc.
As for ALB not making the first test starting team, nobody would've picked that before the team announcement. It was a left field choice that was totally unexpected. Almost everyone had his name down first and was wondering who would be next to him. WG wouldn't of picked that midfield pairing. Just because they were paired together doesn't mean they are the undisputed pairing. Sometimes the opposition, referee, or discipline plays a part in team selection.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:19 am
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
In the end Loosie we are lucky
Three class centres duking it out
And Laumape at least hot on their heals

Quad series and AIs I'd like to see someone cement 1 spot at least :thumbup:

I'd put Laumape in with them tbh bro, maybe canes bias but he's the goods. :occasion5:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:20 am
World XV Player

I'm prob being respectful to others he is the man

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:49 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Double post

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:03 am
British & Irish Lions Player

So yeah, about those Lions...

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

I would say England, as their best players shone and the few times their style was used, it was very effective.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 pm
World XV Player

mistake

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Troron wrote:

I would say England, as their best players shone and the few times their style was used, it was very effective.

In a way it exposes opportunities for their coaches to vary the game plan.. Might cause them no small dilemmas :D

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

We learnt a lot about Hansen - he is far more radical than I expected.
The warrenball style was not what I expected. The introduction of new players.
He was far more willing to make changes.

I have been used to knowing how New Zealand will play (but not be able to do anything about it) - this is no longer the case.
Perhaps this team is less able to adapt its style on the pitch and work out how to play an opponent

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Brizzle wrote:

I have been used to knowing how New Zealand will play (but not be able to do anything about it) - this is no longer the case.
Perhaps this team is less able to adapt its style on the pitch and work out how to play an opponent

Gees I'm trying to bite my tongue, but the Lions were lucky to have a draw, really.. We were without 2 greats Coles and smith, you with out vanipola. But gees I dunno, what do we have to fear of you guys? I don't agree with other kiwis, England are the only team that could play a home game and beat us, I hate them, but like different eras of SA and Aussie being an equal foe are awesome but history, they are the only NH team that could challenge us so bring it on.. did you really not see our arsenal without SBWs, Coles and Ben Smith, we are still best in world come on

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Forrealz wrote:
Brizzle wrote:

Gees I'm trying to bite my tongue, but the Lions were lucky to have a draw, really.. We were without 2 greats Coles and smith, you with out vanipola. But gees I dunno, what do we have to fear of you guys? I don't agree with other kiwis, England are the only team that could play a home game and beat us, I hate them, but like different eras of SA and Aussie being an equal foe are awesome but history, they are the only NH team that could challenge us so bring it on.. did you really not see our arsenal without SBWs, Coles and Ben Smith, we are still best in world come on

Well, it's your opinion but I think that whilst unquestionably No1 the tour showed that you're maybe not as good as you (or we) thought you were, injuries irrespective as all teams get them.

Interesting to see how the upcoming games in the RC pan out. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Boks, see how they are coming along these days.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Now it starts :D

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Boks, see how they are coming along these days.

Less smelly than 2016 but based on the majority of the S18 teams, not much.
Still, we've got some better support staff for the team and our esteemed coach had a bit more time to prepare so maybe miracles happen and we can keep the points difference to the AB's under 10.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:24 pm
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Brizzle wrote:

Well, it's your opinion but I think that whilst unquestionably No1 the tour showed that you're maybe not as good as you (or we) thought you were, injuries irrespective as all teams get them.

Interesting to see how the upcoming games in the RC pan out. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Boks, see how they are coming along these days.

Yea but being a 50 year old kiwi, we've lost to Lions 73, SA early mid 2000s, aussies wen they were champs, several times and England 2003? France maybe once this Lions team were the weakest team we've ever lost to it's actually *fupping* embarrassing so keep up the NZ are all shit now banner, with the Mongolians from Africa is bull shit, sorry get real

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next