It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Which home nation can take the most from the Lions? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Which home nation can take the most from the Lions?
Where as Retallic, Franks, Kaino, possibly Read and Cane, stood up, and reinforced their status as World class, if not best in their positions

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:53 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2017/07/12/summer-report-cards-contributing-nations-will-happiest-lions/

Quote:
For all the good intentions, most of them genuine, there is nothing quite like a British and Irish Lions tour to encourage parochial posturing. Selection announcements stirred up outrage in many quarters throughout the six weeks.

And now, with the trip done and the series drawn, the pretence of unity between ardent fans of the four nations can be dropped.

Bang in the middle of the four-year Rugby World Cup cycle as Japan 2019 looms on the horizon, these past two months have provided fascinating insight into the progress and future prospects of each country.

Etc., etc.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:38 am
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
At the moment, I think SBWs is still our best 12, whether the coaches will forgive the blunder that effectively cost the series win, I'm not sure, but they do look after their boys, and up till now, he's still been one of their boys. Is he 33 next RWC.
Laumape who I rate big time, is there to take the mantel if needed and capable of really proving, again Crotty, yea yea yea, nah, still needs to light the torch and try and claim 12 outright.

Many people don't like SBW's maybe more now.
But may people in NZ do too, he is a player who has made huge plays in big games. He's one of our real x players atm, like barrett..

There is lots of back ups, but not sure if any are world class yet (they arnt straight up, except may SBWs). getting there, but without SBWs we were outplayed in the centres.
These others have got a four nations and a AI's to sort out pecking order.

SBW's and possibly Barrett in some ways didn't quite make the most of this series, like a Carter and Sivivatu did in 2005, became worlds best in their positions. (Shane Williams won player of year though didn't he?)

My thoughts are Barrett is great possibly one of top few players in the world, but hate to say it, we/he had the opportunities to win test 2 and 3, albeit with his boot, but he didn't seal the deal (immortal deal). Farrell got absolute crap in missed kicks that cost games, was it highlanders and Hurricanes not sure, but Barrett made a few cringe, and in hindsight maybe but the younger bro should have kicked test 3.

Interesting how different we saw the results.
For me, SBW isn't close to being first on the team sheet. BB is for sure.
BB didn't lose us anything, SBW put us under the pump in the second test and we almost won.
The whole team was a bit kak in the third. We dominated and didn't finish the plays off.

NH kickers get shit because the games are close and they do love a kick at goal. :twisted: BB kicked well in the second test, hence there was zero reason to put his bro in.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:03 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
At the moment, I think SBWs is still our best 12, whether the coaches will forgive the blunder that effectively cost the series win, I'm not sure, but they do look after their boys, and up till now, he's still been one of their boys. Is he 33 next RWC.
Laumape who I rate big time, is there to take the mantel if needed and capable of really proving, again Crotty, yea yea yea, nah, still needs to light the torch and try and claim 12 outright.

But may people in NZ do too, he is a player who has made huge plays in big games. He's one of our real x players atm, like barrett..

There is lots of back ups, but not sure if any are world class yet (they arnt straight up, except may SBWs). getting there, but without SBWs we were outplayed in the centres.

SBW's and possibly Barrett in some ways didn't quite make the most of this series, like a Carter and Sivivatu did in 2005, became worlds best in their positions. (Shane Williams won player of year though didn't he?)

My thoughts are Barrett is great possibly one of top few players in the world, but hate to say it, we/he had the opportunities to win test 2 and 3, albeit with his boot, but he didn't seal the deal (immortal deal). Farrell got absolute crap in missed kicks that cost games, was it highlanders and Hurricanes not sure, but Barrett made a few cringe, and in hindsight maybe but the younger bro should have kicked test 3.

BB didn't lose us anything, SBW put us under the pump in the second test and we almost won.
The whole team was a bit kak in the third. We dominated and didn't finish the plays off.

NH kickers get shit because the games are close and they do love a kick at goal. :twisted: BB kicked well in the second test, hence there was zero reason to put his bro in.

Not sure if SBWs is one of first on team sheet, but he was the first centre in test one when everyone was fit. Not sure now and how forgiving the coaches are. We shall see, who knows though they may mix and match this year, sounds like some will be getting rested.
SBWs sending off cost us the test, sorry it did. If he didn't get sent off, we would have won?
I think hurricanes kicking in the weekend shows how good J Barrett is compared to big bro. His 2017 kicking stats and B Barrett kicking stats. I disagree, keeping B Barrett at no 1 kicker was a mistake, but that's all hindsight and nothing can be proved. B Barrett kicking was a big risk as he'd hardly kicked all year and kicked badly for a couple seasons. All opinion though and that's what this is all about. It's like Cruden kicking ahead of Carter, why do it. And it didn't work, but saying that they may not have wanted the pressure on Jordie and wanted B Barrett to win it for us..
Retallic is my first name on the sheet.

Imo, SBWs 2017 was first centre on team sheet, moving forward, he may not be, because of what he did, and future plans. He didn't cost us test series but he cost us test 2.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Not sure if SBWs is one of first on team sheet, but he was the first centre in test one when everyone was fit. Not sure now and how forgiving the coaches are. We shall see, who knows though they may mix and match this year, sounds like some will be getting rested.
SBWs sending off cost us the test, sorry it did. If he didn't get sent off, we would have won?
I think hurricanes kicking in the weekend shows how good J Barrett is compared to big bro. His 2017 kicking stats and B Barrett kicking stats. I disagree, keeping B Barrett at no 1 kicker was a mistake, but that's all hindsight and nothing can be proved. B Barrett kicking was a big risk as he'd hardly kicked all year and kicked badly for a couple seasons. All opinion though and that's what this is all about. It's like Cruden kicking ahead of Carter, why do it. And it didn't work, but saying that they may not have wanted the pressure on Jordie and wanted B Barrett to win it for us..

Imo, SBWs 2017 was first centre on team sheet, moving forward, he may not be, because of what he did, and future plans. He didn't cost us test series but he cost us test 2.

I said we lost because of SBWs, didn't I? :scratch:
BB isn't a good kicker, but after the first two tests it would've been a massive call to take the kicking duty off him. And as you say, probably not the best idea to give it to a 20 year old debutant.
SBW hardly played before this season. ALB imho was, and is the number 1 center. He didn't start the first test but I think that was more to do with the opposition, and his impact, than his ability. He's been gold every time he's worn the shirt, easily the find of last season.
Anyway, bouch will be along soon to moan about us derailing this thread. :)

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:05 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

BB isn't a good kicker, but after the first two tests it would've been a massive call to take the kicking duty off him. And as you say, probably not the best idea to give it to a 20 year old debutant.
SBW hardly played before this season. ALB imho was, and is the number 1 center. He didn't start the first test but I think that was more to do with the opposition, and his impact, than his ability. He's been gold every time he's worn the shirt, easily the find of last season.

ALB good but fine of season, possibly last year?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opi ... s--for-now
And ro show the opinions are everything, this above, I'm sure he's from Crusaders :D
I think ALB was no three behind Crotty and SBWs you don't start your best centre off the bench, especially when he is nor known as impact. It's a tight race but it seems the top 4 have a lot to play for. And thinking about it now, may Crotty is first on the sheet in the centers, the rest scrapping for the other starting. I'd just like 3 consisatant games with know injury etc at international level, showing his class.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Back to the thread Wales

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:18 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

ALB good but fine of season, possibly last year?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opi ... s--for-now
And ro show the opinions are everything, this above, I'm sure he's from Crusaders :D
I think ALB was no three behind Crotty and SBWs you don't start your best centre off the bench, especially when he is nor known as impact. It's a tight race but it seems the top 4 have a lot to play for. And thinking about it now, may Crotty is first on the sheet in the centers, the rest scrapping for the other starting. I'd just like 3 consisatant games with know injury etc at international level, showing his class.

I said last season bro. :D
I still think he's our number 1 midfielder, and have since last season. Conrad and Nonu were/are probably our best pairing ever, Conrad was having a stormer in the WC final, but he was dragged for a change of style, or to surprise the opposition. I think ALB maybe did something wrong during the week, or SBW and Crotty maybe paired up better with the lions lads. I don't know, but stranger things have happened.
Anyway, I guess we will see how it all pans out in a few weeks. Can't bloody wait!

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:32 am
World XV Player

Sorry last season lol, gees may have done something wrong that week, that's a good one, being third to Crotty and SBWs ain't that bad :D

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
kak

Quality, Loosie.
Real quality :clap:

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:55 pm
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:
loosechange wrote:
kak

Quality, Loosie.
Real quality :clap:

Learn something new everyday. Had no idea it was from your neck of the woods.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:55 pm
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Sorry last season lol, gees may have done something wrong that week, that's a good one, being third to Crotty and SBWs ain't that bad :D

He might've been late to training or whatever, the leadership group take zero shit so maybe that played a part. :dontknow: Anyway, not bad having all these players to argue about. :D

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:57 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

He might've been late to training or whatever, the leadership group take zero shit so maybe that played a part. :dontknow: Anyway, not bad having all these players to argue about. :D

Yep he coulda been late for training, that's why Crotty and SBWs were selected ahead of him :D
Feki gone to Toulon, plenty of heat in centers race, go hard Feki

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Yep he coulda been late for training, that's why Crotty and SBWs were selected ahead of him :D
Feki gone to Toulon, plenty of heat in centers race, go hard Feki

Tuipolotu was late for training and didn't even make the bench against the lions. Is he their best lock?
Jane, Vito and Savea have been dropped for breaking curfew, so has Aaron Cruden. Each of them were stars for their teams, not just starters.
:D It's funny you think players can't be selected other than they aren't the first choice.
ALB was our best midfielder at the end of last season. Is that fair? I think hands down he was.
I'm glad Fekitoa has gone tbh, hope he does better up north than what he's done in black. He's a fine player but like others, never played well enough in the black jersey.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:01 am
World XV Player

SBWs wasn't playing end of last year, ALBs form has been average building up to Lions, yep the man last year, He hasn't got a Bunce or Nonu cloak yet where home form didn't matter, could happen.
Nonu and a Smith hardly played bench. But ALB was benched because of a misdemener :D , yea right, that's a bit clutching at straws imho even for you loosie. But hey could of. He's a good player but atm, SBWs him and Crotty are neck and neck. As I've recon , SBWs action in test 2 may see him lose his spot. But opinion opinion I like SBWs with either Crotty or ALB. Crotty has grown on me this season, but I want to see the big int game. ALB played in three tests and didn't boss the centers. SBW in one did. Crotty played 20 mins.
Laumape prob played as well as ALB, Goodhue in waiting, I'd like to see how Goodhue and Crotty go against Fekitoa and Baracoutta for the landers. Aso, Moala, Ngatai chasing well, Moala and Ngatai still a bit to prove atm.

Just what I recon
Only diff we have is ALB late for training theory :D , and pecking order top three :thumbup:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:43 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next