It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:57 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Which home nation can take the most from the Lions? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Which home nation can take the most from the Lions?
:thefinger:

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Brizzle wrote:
We learnt a lot about Hansen - he is far more radical than I expected.
The warrenball style was not what I expected. The introduction of new players.
He was far more willing to make changes.

I have been used to knowing how New Zealand will play (but not be able to do anything about it) - this is no longer the case.
Perhaps this team is less able to adapt its style on the pitch and work out how to play an opponent

Gees I'm trying to bite my tongue, but the Lions were lucky to have a draw, really.. We were without 2 greats Coles and smith, you with out vanipola. But gees I dunno, what do we have to fear of you guys? I don't agree with other kiwis, England are the only team that could play a home game and beat us, I hate them, but like different eras of SA and Aussie being an equal foe are awesome but history, they are the only NH team that could challenge us so bring it on.. did you really not see our arsenal without SBWs, Coles and Ben Smith, we are still best in world come on

Well, it's your opinion but I think that whilst unquestionably No1 the tour showed that you're maybe not as good as you (or we) thought you were, injuries irrespective as all teams get them.

Interesting to see how the upcoming games in the RC pan out. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Boks, see how they are coming along these days.

Yea but being a 50 year old kiwi, we've lost to Lions 73, SA early mid 2000s, aussies wen they were champs, several times and England 2003? France maybe once this Lions team were the weakest team we've ever lost to it's actually *fupping* embarrassing so keep up the NZ are all shit now banner, with the Mongolians from Africa is bull shit, sorry get real

:shock:
Put that 49proof down bro! :thefinger:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:10 pm
World XV Player

45 bruddah, just re read my post, my spelling wasn't that bad, Mongolians from Africa, mmmm maybe I should have said the Scottish from Denmark
I flat with three Mongolians here in Teipei, two beautiful twin ladies and their beast tighthead prop size wrestling brother, who shared my 45...there was some method behind the metapphor, possibly grasping at straws but they are princesses and he is gingis khan size (not that I know or spell)

Peace rant over lol

I'm probably getting over this tour Moore slowly than I should have, and the fact we didn't win it

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:49 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
45 bruddah, just re read my post, my spelling wasn't that bad, Mongolians from Africa, mmmm maybe I should have said the Scottish from Denmark
I flat with three Mongolians here in Teipei, two beautiful twin ladies and their beast tighthead prop size wrestling brother, who shared my 45...there was some method behind the metapphor, possibly grasping at straws but they are princesses and he is gingis khan size (not that I know or spell)

Peace rant over lol

I'm probably getting over this tour Moore slowly than I should have, and the fact we didn't win it

Donkka didn't say anything that isn't really true. Basically we are no.1, but the gap maybe isn't as big as many think. I kind of agree tbh. No idea why you got on the defense bro. :scratch: Thought you might've been cut and took offense to what he said.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:05 am
World XV Player

Maybe he's writing an exam today? :D

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:39 am
Youth Player

loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Peace rant over lol

Donkka didn't say anything that isn't really true. Basically we are no.1, but the gap maybe isn't as big as many think. I kind of agree tbh. No idea why you got on the defense bro. :scratch: Thought you might've been cut and took offense to what he said.

Loosen up man, no offence was intended but, if taken, then *fupp* you !!!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Forrealz wrote:

Gees I'm trying to bite my tongue, but the Lions were lucky to have a draw, really.. We were without 2 greats Coles and smith, you with out vanipola. But gees I dunno, what do we have to fear of you guys? I don't agree with other kiwis, England are the only team that could play a home game and beat us, I hate them, but like different eras of SA and Aussie being an equal foe are awesome but history, they are the only NH team that could challenge us so bring it on.. did you really not see our arsenal without SBWs, Coles and Ben Smith, we are still best in world come on

Easily the best .. I was quite disappointed in the Lions mainly because they made so few chances in the last test and nearly lost to 14 men

But why were the Lions not put to the sword in the final test? Massive forward dominance and
still New Zealand did not get through.

New Zealand were a lot better in the first test. Gatland chose not to play Teo in the last two tests-
despite having a good game and the Farrell and Sexton partnership not looking good
Probably because SBW was the better IC than Teo, and Sexton the better FH than Farrell.
But it did not look like Farrell could cope with SBW even with SOB's support.

The cross kick was the New Zealand coaches answer to the Lions rush defence becoming too narrow.
The lions adapted to this challenge.

So I may be clutching at straws ("perhaps" is English for I hope or do not really beleive)
But New Zealand did not adapt on the field.

It is a mistake to think only England can beat New Zealand from the NH.
This is the most competitive 6 nations in a long long time.
This will make the world cup far more competitive too.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

On the Wales 12 discussion, the play is far too lethargic. Wales get over the gainline and when it's on out wide the 9 and 10 fail to see it. Therefore the defence has had chance to regroup and the chance has gone. I've screamed for years go wide it's on....too late. Wales have got the personnel in the squad. It's simply playing at a higher pace and the backs being aware when there's a mismatch or when it's on in the wider channel and for me, Biggar and Webb don't seem to have that vision. This earning the right to go wide is a myth. You don't need to earn the right. Just Chuck the f'in ball around. The Scarlets back play in the play offs was phenomenal. Going wide with pace and the Irish teams couldn't cope. It was really refreshing.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:04 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Jono wrote:
On the Wales 12 discussion, the play is far too lethargic. Wales get over the gainline and when it's on out wide the 9 and 10 fail to see it. Therefore the defence has had chance to regroup and the chance has gone. I've screamed for years go wide it's on....too late. Wales have got the personnel in the squad. It's simply playing at a higher pace and the backs being aware when there's a mismatch or when it's on in the wider channel and for me, Biggar and Webb don't seem to have that vision. This earning the right to go wide is a myth. You don't need to earn the right. Just Chuck the f'in ball around. The Scarlets back play in the play offs was phenomenal. Going wide with pace and the Irish teams couldn't cope. It was really refreshing.

My god is it really you Jonathan

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Brizzle wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Easily the best .. I was quite disappointed in the Lions mainly because they made so few chances in the last test and nearly lost to 14 men

But why were the Lions not put to the sword in the final test? Massive forward dominance and
still New Zealand did not get through.

New Zealand were a lot better in the first test. Gatland chose not to play Teo in the last two tests-
despite having a good game and the Farrell and Sexton partnership not looking good
Probably because SBW was the better IC than Teo, and Sexton the better FH than Farrell.
But it did not look like Farrell could cope with SBW even with SOB's support.

The cross kick was the New Zealand coaches answer to the Lions rush defence becoming too narrow.
The lions adapted to this challenge.

So I may be clutching at straws ("perhaps" is English for I hope or do not really beleive)
But New Zealand did not adapt on the field.

It is a mistake to think only England can beat New Zealand from the NH.
This is the most competitive 6 nations in a long long time.
This will make the world cup far more competitive too.

My reality is this..... the fact that they went into the last game with a chance of loosing the series caused them to tighten up, the game was huge and the tension got to them, they butchered a few chances and had they taken them they would have played with more confidence, however the longer the game went the more confident the Lions were and the more anxious NZ became. So a team that at the start of the series lacked confidence grew and a team that had confidence and poise tightened and became anxious. Such is sport. As for who takes the most from it ..... probably the team that supplied the most Test players and the coach of the dominant aspect of the Lions play, defense! But i think Wales will take credit in equal proportion to Ireland. Personally thought Webb and Biggar were on performances unlucky not to have featured more, JD outstanding Liam Williams very good.... thats half a backline. Warburton, AWJ, Ken Owens and TF mainly positive, thats half a pack.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

Blindside wrote:
Jono wrote:

My god is it really you Jonathan

Haha, many a time we've heard JD1 utter 'It's on' :cheers:

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

No exam just half way point, all good Smurf :D

Sorry guys but reality for me us a bit on a series we should have won, not comfortably but should have

We stuffed up we choked we made some bad decisions, and have to live with that
I cant get myself to say these guys are as good as other teams that have beaten us in series over the last few decades but on paper they got the job done. draw as good as a win almost

Still brassed off though, we right and truly *fupped* that up..

up the guts, said it all wrong on the large, but gees that's another right stuff up by us

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Blindside wrote:
My reality is this..... the fact that they went into the last game with a chance of loosing the series caused them to tighten up, the game was huge and the tension got to them, they butchered a few chances and had they taken them they would have played with more confidence, however the longer the game went the more confident the Lions were and the more anxious NZ became. So a team that at the start of the series lacked confidence grew and a team that had confidence and poise tightened and became anxious. Such is sport. As for who takes the most from it ..... probably the team that supplied the most Test players and the coach of the dominant aspect of the Lions play, defense! But i think Wales will take credit in equal proportion to Ireland. Personally thought Webb and Biggar were on performances unlucky not to have featured more, JD outstanding Liam Williams very good.... thats half a backline. Warburton, AWJ, Ken Owens and TF mainly positive, thats half a pack.

In that case we share the same reality (try not to be disconcerted).
I think this is spot on.
It was lovely to see NZ feel the pressure for once and cough up the many opportunities they had.
Funny what real pressure can do, even to the best team in the world.
It was somewhat of a role reversal.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:45 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

welshy34 wrote:
Blindside wrote:

In that case we share the same reality (try not to be disconcerted).
I think this is spot on.
It was lovely to see NZ feel the pressure for once and cough up the many opportunities they had.
Funny what real pressure can do, even to the best team in the world.
It was somewhat of a role reversal.

And you cant disagree with that.
We choked, I'm pissed off that we did, that a few players didn't stand up when it counted, SBW's and kicking in particular, some tackles that rode up, but now we know that all those that may have been a penalty last year, are now yellows so know excuse.

My beef is more with how we let ourselves down and didn't
1) win test 2 (SBWs and weak kicking)
2) handle the finals pressure of test three, we wernt up to it in the end

I'm harsh about losing to this Lions team, but really we should have put this team away.
We didn't through, discipline, kicking and not responding under the finals pressure of test 3
Injuries didn't help, re Ben Smith and Dane Coles and stoopid SBWs, (l rate him though)
But I have a feeling Vunipola was as big of loss as these two for us.

So well done again, we choked, you guys didn't, even series, fair enough but like the finals we have lost before I'm a bit gutted, it was on a platter till 15 mins into test 2, then we capitulated, choked and were beaten..pressure footy and a team that united and handled the pressure in the end

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6