It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The All Blacks LOST. The whole world knows, including them 
World XV Player

Post Re: The All Blacks LOST. The whole world knows, including them
Four More Years wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Why? Eden park is a fortress. Maybe the best home record there in all sport. Why do we need a new stadium? I think most jafas will look at it that way and nothing will change, and tbh, I don't know if it's really that important. :dontknow: We just don't have the population to support massive spending like that.
Is anyone talking about this outside of this thread? :D
Any political leeches talking about it?
The only thing I've heard, or read, is some really wasted Welshman trying to bring up something we lack, to make him feel wanted. :D

There's plenty of talk about it, but not in particular for a covered stadium.

Eden Park is not a proper functioning ports/event centre because of a number of limitations.

The public transport to get there is awful.
Parking is terrible.
The ground is ridiculous for cricket.
They are severely limited in what they can do with other events because of their *fupping* NIMBY neighbours. Event are limited again about what time they can go until. The neighbours are probably the worst problem Eden Park has. There is a reason Eden Park can't be used to make more money with concerts etc.
The design is awful in a commercial sense. Having to wait 40 minutes in queues to get a beer is absolutely ridiculous - that is so much lost revenue. American sports get it right - lots of bars/food vendors. Parting with your money should be super easy and fast. This does my head in as a former pub owner, I can sit there and count the money they are losing by the minute.
30 minute waits because of the lack of toilets is not acceptable.

It was designed in parts and only functions in parts. Having big events there just turns into a big mess.

Furry muff.
Sounds a bit insane really. Why don't they have sellers walking about the stadium selling beer? At the baseball here there is no waiting, for anything. 100s of unit students walking around with keg backpacks pouring cold beer all over the place. At ¥730 a pint someone is making an absolute killing.
I've never been to eden park. Have zero idea what is good or bad, except the results. 8)
If talks are indeed in the pipeline, then I guess that's a start, but from reading about the past and also the same issues the Wellington stadium had, the locals call the shots, and it's damn near impossible to get any change out of them. Most of them seem to care about only one thing, and that is their mortgage value.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 am
World XV Player

Sorry Loose, you need to reduce the size please.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:05 am
World XV Player

Dai Mun Forever wrote:
In no way do I seek to demean a great rugby nation, nor to diminish the efforts of a brave touring party, but the fact is that the All Blacks, on their own patch, failed to get the better of a stitched-together team that while composed of gutsy and able players had few if any genuine marquee names, legends, or greats, call them what you will, within its ranks.
The mystique of the All Blacks, I suggest, has been buried.
I predict that many of the world's international teams will now fancy their chances against them. It would not surprise me in the least if they went through a spell of defeats or scraped wins - even draws - of a kind that they have not normally known.
Teams such as England, Ireland and France will, I suspect, go into battle with them from now on more with a sense of expectation than hope.
A spell on the back foot may well do the ABs some good in terms of a reality check. But, make no mistake, that's where they are at the moment. And everyone knows it.
Even the Haka seems to have lost its lustre. I do not mean that in any disrespectful way. But the truth is the fear factor has gone.
They may well come back better and stronger. But for now it's clear: they are beatable and human, like everyone else.

Well we walked into the Haka in Dublin 1989, but it took us until last Autumn to surmount them and they did come back and beat us, the week following. I'm not so sure they're at the low ebb you refer to but it was indicative for me to see them receive a red card as that's a real rarity, where they're concerned, unless I've missed several and if ts possible.

All sides endure cycles, we did when the golden era teams of 2003 to 2009, began to unravel. I'm sure we and a lot of other rugby nation's, would be happy with an AB down period, as that still makes them thoroughly competitive in the world game. If it's there Dai, I remain to see it,but perhaps, if it's there, it will allow other teams to share the silverware some what.

Sean

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:07 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Sounds a bit insane really. Why don't they have sellers walking about the stadium selling beer? At the baseball here there is no waiting, for anything. 100s of unit students walking around with keg backpacks pouring cold beer all over the place. At ¥730 a pint someone is making an absolute killing.
I've never been to eden park. Have zero idea what is good or bad, except the results. 8)
If talks are indeed in the pipeline, then I guess that's a start, but from reading about the past and also the same issues the Wellington stadium had, the locals call the shots, and it's damn near impossible to get any change out of them. Most of them seem to care about only one thing, and that is their mortgage value.

Alcohol laws and the local board being a bunch of wowsers. It's really poor. We do it so badly.

Pretty much every experience I've had at sports events in the USA and Aus have been better for the overall event.

Those vendors walking around at your games are great, same thing at a lot of other places outside NZ - but here the alcohol laws would prohibit it - they'd say it would encourage drunks.

FFS sell drinks and food and pay for your giant stadium I say!

I went to Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs v Dodgers - packed totally, and a 2 minute wait for food/drinks. Went to a playoff game in the NBA - same thing. Big hockey game with the Ducks in Anaheim, same thing, Big AFL match in Melbourne - same. We do it so bad here in NZ. It's like we don't want to make money.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:27 am
World XV Player

Sorry about the size of the pic fellas. :(

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:36 am
World XV Player

[quote="loosechange"][/quote]
Pity kiwis, many of don't have the same drinking etiquette as many Asians in Asia. Any kiwi Asians have been brain washed

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:41 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
With respect, you are twisting it here.

Yes skills and attitude are important but how can you argue that,
all things being equal, a wet rugby ball is easier to catch than a dry one?
It is a basic tactic. Kick a wet ball to the fullback, hope he drops
and force the knock on, this is combined with fewer passes happening
in the wet.
Also ow often do non international teams play at the Millennium/
Principality stadium? The only games I can recall in recent years
are the HC Finals and the Judgment Day games. As the only roofed
stadium in the World - it stands to reason that in this context roofed
rugby = Welsh International games.

In conclusion, I can't understand how you can disagree with the above?
Sure, not all players can turn on the charm, but even a shit player
like me can catch a dry ball easier than a wet one. Therefore, a roof
and dry conditions encourages running rugby.

You're still looking at this in isolation ie only the very few games played
at the MS.
Yes it's easier to pass and catch the ball in the dry but the way the
game is played in it's entirety including game plans, selection, how
players develop, etc etc will be based on the months of winter rugby
they play rather than the guarantee of a few dry days when
home internationals are played.
If you want "running rugby" switch the professional season to the
summer.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:04 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Wonderful!! Took two *fupping* Kiwis to *fupp*-up the entire thread!! :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:21 am
World XV Player

Otto wrote:
Wonderful!! Took two *fupping* Kiwis to *fupp*-up the entire thread!! :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Wait for one of them to quote it on the next page too :)

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:00 am
Club Player

Wow that is not how I saw the game.

The lions made nothing in the last game. If England played like that I would be very disappointed.
I guess you have to be from Wales to appreciate defensive rugby

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Brizzle wrote:
Wow that is not how I saw the game.

The lions made nothing in the last game. If England played like that I would be very disappointed.
I guess you have to be from Wales to appreciate defensive rugby

We stuffed it up, "dropped the ball" as you could say literally and figuratively. We didn't deserve to win this series, we should have, but didn't, and I don't think that's due to referee etc. We couldn't keep the foot on the throats when we had too, and the Lions played well, be that ugly at times they really did well.
Don't know about the world knowing we are losers but they will know, it was a bit of a choke, and maybe not as dominate in 2017 as we would like.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

A (very) lucky Lions drawn series does not make the AB's bad. They're still light years away from the chasing pack and I'm becoming convinced that I'll never see Wales beat the buggers in my lifetime - unless there's mega changes in the administration/game in Wales.

I 'ain't holding my breath.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Our system is now flawed.
In the SH atm it's almost like we have to do our own thing as it's seems we are holding the fort in a way. Aussie are very average, unless they can really bring something out of the bag. SA is you can't even say.

We have really made a distance between us and them, in super rugby and probably internationally.

Will it be NZ, Eng, Ireland 123?

You guys are catching and without good competition you must catch up very soon, and possibly overtake. Building to RWC 2019 will be possibly a new balance, what ever people say, the trend is happening. Surely NZ can't carrying on and have this significant disoparity to all others for too much longer, without good regular world class games outside our boundaries.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
In the SH atm it's almost like we have to do our own thing as it's seems we are holding the fort in a way. Aussie are very average, unless they can really bring something out of the bag. SA is you can't even say.

We have really made a distance between us and them, in super rugby and probably internationally.

You guys are catching and without good competition you must catch up very soon, and possibly overtake. Building to RWC 2019 will be possibly a new balance, what ever people say, the trend is happening. Surely NZ can't carrying on and have this significant disoparity to all others for too much longer, without good regular world class games outside our boundaries.

You're massive bag of happiness when it comes to the ABs! :D
Our system in NZ isn't flawed.
Aus are indeed crap, it's not good for anyone. And yeah, the meat eaters are unpredictable, this years RC is going to be very interesting.
It's bloody hard to say if the NH are catching up after a lions tour. :scratch: We blew it big time. They played very well and contributed to our downfall, and I'm not knocking them as I think the draw is awesome for them and rugby. If we didn't lose SBW, and drop so many balls, we would've won 3-0. That may look arrogant, but it's how I see it.
I don't know what you mean by trend? The only trend I've seen over the last few years was the boks and cons slip into the bracket with the 6Ns teams. For a long while the 3Ns were dominant, now it's only us. :(
We've been the best or there about for a 100 years? We've been even better in the last part of that, and the last 10 years has been domination, prison style. What makes you think that's going to change in our lifetime? Everyone is evolving, we are as well. Rugby is more than just playing numbers, it's a culture.
Even after all this you have some pretty high levels of doubt for a kiwi.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

You're massive bag of happiness when it comes to the ABs! :D
Our system in NZ isn't flawed.
Aus are indeed crap, it's not good for anyone. And yeah, the meat eaters are unpredictable, this years RC is going to be very interesting.
It's bloody hard to say if the NH are catching up after a lions tour. :scratch: We blew it big time. They played very well and contributed to our downfall, and I'm not knocking them as I think the draw is awesome for them and rugby. If we didn't lose SBW, and drop so many balls, we would've won 3-0. That may look arrogant, but it's how I see it.
I don't know what you mean by trend? The only trend I've seen over the last few years was the boks and cons slip into the bracket with the 6Ns teams. For a long while the 3Ns were dominant, now it's only us. :(
We've been the best or there about for a 100 years? We've been even better in the last part of that, and the last 10 years has been domination, prison style. What makes you think that's going to change in our lifetime? Everyone is evolving, we are as well. Rugby is more than just playing numbers, it's a culture.
Even after all this you have some pretty high levels of doubt for a kiwi.

Our kiwi system is great, awesome in fact, the proof is in the pudding in fact, and I don't say nz but may have confused it, our conference SH systems are very shaky, flawed f ed maybe.

Have we just won, for the first time all, 25 nil all Aussie games this year
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/sup ... by-drought
Not sure what the stat is against SA but pretty high too.
Lions top of table without playing a nz team?
How many team are being pulled out?, and now some SA teams going to NH, you can talk that up it's not bad, um it is. Super rugby is very much at risk, as it is right now, yea nah....

Four nations, unbelievable Argentina has got worse at rugby since they joined us, their super team has not been a success. Aussie beaten by Scotland, and umpteen others, same with SA. We are playing right now, the worst quality of operation in the 4 nations ever. So pump it up, say the sky is falling, we are great, we have great structure systems etc, our one was warrior rivals are kaka, and now we are very much the back bone, and my questions and concerns are can we hold this up by ourselves with nations around us is disarray... :D but of course we do ok, you'd have to be a sky is red person saying we weren't in an ok spot, but can we continue it in the hole with the other SH buggers. NH systems seem to be on the rise.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:37 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next