It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:08 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
The All Blacks LOST. The whole world knows, including them 
World XV Player

Post Re: The All Blacks LOST. The whole world knows, including them
Justic wrote:
The AB's did fail, they left tries on the field that they should have scored.

Gatland, Liam Williams, Foxy etc. all said the ball was like a bar of soap, deceivingly so and, when any team tries to play open rugby in those conditions then errors are inevitable! Fact is, it was a cracking test-match and IMO, a draw fairly represented the 80 minutes played? No losses when the game itself wins?

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:41 pm
World XV Player

Otto wrote:
Justic wrote:
The AB's did fail, they left tries on the field that they should have scored.

Gatland, Liam Williams, Foxy etc. all said the ball was like a bar of soap, deceivingly so and, when any team tries to play open rugby in those conditions then errors are inevitable! Fact is, it was a cracking test-match and IMO, a draw fairly represented the 80 minutes played? No losses when the game itself wins?

Aye, you're right.

I guess that many of the people bitching the loudest didn't bet on a draw, Otto.

It was a tremendous series because the Lions improved along the way and the TMO (Mr Yacoub) was mostly allowed to function.

We've been promised a roofed stadium in New Zealand and that could probably house the next series of Lions test matches.

That'll be due in 2029, I suppose.

Could be a good one ...

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:14 am
World XV Player

We've been promised a stadium with a pitch that can hold through more than one scrum without falling apart in Cardiff.

You don't always get what you want.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:41 am
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Dai Mun Forever wrote:
In no way do I seek to demean a great rugby nation, nor to diminish the efforts of a brave touring party, but the fact is that the All Blacks, on their own patch, failed to get the better of a stitched-together team that while composed of gutsy and able players had few if any genuine marquee names, legends, or greats, call them what you will, within its ranks.
The mystique of the All Blacks, I suggest, has been buried.
I predict that many of the world's international teams will now fancy their chances against them. It would not surprise me in the least if they went through a spell of defeats or scraped wins - even draws - of a kind that they have not normally known.
Teams such as England, Ireland and France will, I suspect, go into battle with them from now on more with a sense of expectation than hope.
A spell on the back foot may well do the ABs some good in terms of a reality check. But, make no mistake, that's where they are at the moment. And everyone knows it.
Even the Haka seems to have lost its lustre. I do not mean that in any disrespectful way. But the truth is the fear factor has gone.
They may well come back better and stronger. But for now it's clear: they are beatable and human, like everyone else.

:D If it helps you sleep better, then that's nice.
Time will tell, but I'm picking them to improve even more now. SHs Sunday morning interview was great.
If the 4 home nations do get some belief, then that's awesome! As someone said, it's no good one team winning every game, we need strong teams.
And also I have no idea why you mention France, they have never been scared of the blackness, they're just not as good as they should be.

South Africa (The Springboks) used to be on a par with the AB's but since the era when they have to select on quotas they have gone backwards, and now even get beaten regularly by NH teams.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/08/30/wh ... nt-page-7/
Another interesting fact to know is that the Springboks actually had a better winning record (50 percent) against the All Blacks than the Kiwis had against them (43 percent) in the amateur era.

:shock: :D Very interesting stats, unfortunately they are not official nor are they accurate. Ask Mr Google nicely and he will take you to the SANZAR site where you will find the official ones.

HTH

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:55 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
We've been promised a stadium with a pitch that can hold through more than one scrum without falling apart in Cardiff.

To be fair, the pitch in the Millennium is a lot better than it used to be. It was terrible at one point. I think they have sorted it now.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:09 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:

If you actually had an interest in Welsh rugby you'd have seen that the Stadium has been given a face lift. A nice new pitch.

Still you'll have a good pitch before long, no doubt ... one with a roof.

We've had ours for almost 20 years but you like open pitches when it's belting down don't you? It's why the Lions supporters only come in small numbers .....

:kermit:

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:44 pm
World XV Player

I can understand the people in Dunedin getting a covered ground but there's no need for it in Auckland. I'd prefer they spent the roof money on other aspects of the stadium build, or a even better a dedicated test cricket development at Western Springs ( I don't expect any of you to know this place).

Outside Auckland there just isn't the population (or the demand) for covered grounds here.

Our rugby quality isn't really affected by the weather. If anything it's our cricket grounds that need a top on them to increase crowd numbers, but there isn't the cricket following population to support it and I hate seeing cricket on rectangular rugby pitches. I'd never pay to see a cricket test match early in the season here.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:27 pm
Regional Player

Personally I hate the covered rugger pitch idea! its a cop out for me! Every time we have to cross the severn to play our Welsh brethren in the 6 nations I hope the roof will be open! Weather conditions are part of the game, and i say let mother nature decide on the weather, the teams will decide the result!

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Roof, no roof, who cares? Players don't give a shit, and the fans that do, should find another sport to watch.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 pm
World XV Player

Yeah I agree with both above comments.

Weather and adapting to conditions is part of what makes the game so great.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:17 am
World XV Player

Did you know it isn't a permanently closed roof?

It can be opened and then shut and then opened again ... and so on and so forth.

We've had it since the 20th Century - no, honestly.

:kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:35 am
World XV Player

The roof adds atmosphere. Unless you have been there with it closed, it is difficult to describe. For that reason, I like the roof.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Did you know it isn't a permanently closed roof?

It can be opened and then shut and then opened again ... and so on and so forth.

We've had it since the 20th Century - no, honestly.

:kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

You are one really weird mofo man.
Actually, that's probably part of the problem up there, too much concentrating on a big roof, not enough skills practice. "Too many weights, not enough speed work, useless *prk*."

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 am
World XV Player

Are there any other grounds in Wales that consistently get international test rugby? I mean at least one test per year.

We're in a bit of a different boat here in NZ. We're a small country and we spread out test matches every year rather than basing them just at one ground. There was enough of an outcry when Auckland got 2 Lions tests, if that sort of thing happened yearly there'd be riots.

Perhaps if we didn't spend what little cash for grounds there is on Auckland, Waikato, New Plymouth, Wellington, Chch, and Dunedin we could probably have a fancy stadium with a closing roof in Auckland. But it'd alienate too much of the country.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:59 am
British & Irish Lions Player

Four More Years wrote:
Are there any other grounds in Wales that consistently get international test rugby? I mean at least one test per year.

We're in a bit of a different boat here in NZ. We're a small country and we spread out test matches every year rather than basing them just at one ground. There was enough of an outcry when Auckland got 2 Lions tests, if that sort of thing happened yearly there'd be riots.

Perhaps if we didn't spend what little cash for grounds there is on Auckland, Waikato, New Plymouth, Wellington, Chch, and Dunedin we could probably have a fancy stadium with a closing roof in Auckland. But it'd alienate too much of the country.

No. At the beginning of the 21st century, some AIs were staged at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground, while until the 1950's Llanelli, Swansea and Newport regularly hosted international matches, but it is pretty much all Cardiff nowadays.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next