It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:10 am

The All Blacks LOST. The whole world knows, including them 
Club Player

Post The All Blacks LOST. The whole world knows, including them
In no way do I seek to demean a great rugby nation, nor to diminish the efforts of a brave touring party, but the fact is that the All Blacks, on their own patch, failed to get the better of a stitched-together team that while composed of gutsy and able players had few if any genuine marquee names, legends, or greats, call them what you will, within its ranks.
The mystique of the All Blacks, I suggest, has been buried.
I predict that many of the world's international teams will now fancy their chances against them. It would not surprise me in the least if they went through a spell of defeats or scraped wins - even draws - of a kind that they have not normally known.
Teams such as England, Ireland and France will, I suspect, go into battle with them from now on more with a sense of expectation than hope.
A spell on the back foot may well do the ABs some good in terms of a reality check. But, make no mistake, that's where they are at the moment. And everyone knows it.
Even the Haka seems to have lost its lustre. I do not mean that in any disrespectful way. But the truth is the fear factor has gone.
They may well come back better and stronger. But for now it's clear: they are beatable and human, like everyone else.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: The All Blacks LOST. The whole world knows, including the
We need a new word or phrase , sore loser bad winner , (something). Drawer.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: The All Blacks LOST. The whole world knows, including them
The aura of invincibility may have been dented but I will still favour them to go out next year and win every game.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Every interview with every New Zealand fan I've seen they agree, we didn't win. That is the mentality. If anything this 'defeat' will just wind them up and they get better.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:25 pm
World XV Player

I don't know if New Zealand failed, more that the Lions managed to get a team to perform to the required standard. Woodward failed to do this.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:45 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Has it ever been good for a sport, team or individual, to be totally dominated, for an extended period (years?), by an individual or team?

Maybe it's satisfying for the fanatical, blinkered supporter but it has to become utterly boring for everyone else. Surely the essence of sport lies in its unpredictability so where is the fun or point in turning up to see a 'contest' when the result is approaching 100% predictable.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Mun Forever wrote:
In no way do I seek to demean a great rugby nation, nor to diminish the efforts of a brave touring party, but the fact is that the All Blacks, on their own patch, failed to get the better of a stitched-together team that while composed of gutsy and able players had few if any genuine marquee names, legends, or greats, call them what you will, within its ranks.
I predict that many of the world's international teams will now fancy their chances against them. It would not surprise me in the least if they went through a spell of defeats or scraped wins - even draws - of a kind that they have not normally known.
Teams such as England, Ireland and France will, I suspect, go into battle with them from now on more with a sense of expectation than hope.
A spell on the back foot may well do the ABs some good in terms of a reality check. But, make no mistake, that's where they are at the moment. And everyone knows it.
Even the Haka seems to have lost its lustre. I do not mean that in any disrespectful way. But the truth is the fear factor has gone.
They may well come back better and stronger. But for now it's clear: they are beatable and human, like everyone else.

:D If it helps you sleep better, then that's nice.
Time will tell, but I'm picking them to improve even more now. SHs Sunday morning interview was great.
If the 4 home nations do get some belief, then that's awesome! As someone said, it's no good one team winning every game, we need strong teams.
And also I have no idea why you mention France, they have never been scared of the blackness, they're just not as good as they should be.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:29 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Dai Mun Forever wrote:

Time will tell, but I'm picking them to improve even more now. SHs Sunday morning interview was great.
If the 4 home nations do get some belief, then that's awesome! As someone said, it's no good one team winning every game, we need strong teams.
And also I have no idea why you mention France, they have never been scared of the blackness, they're just not as good as they should be.

South Africa (The Springboks) used to be on a par with the AB's but since the era when they have to select on quotas they have gone backwards, and now even get beaten regularly by NH teams.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Dai Mun Forever wrote:

South Africa (The Springboks) used to be on a par with the AB's but since the era when they have to select on quotas they have gone backwards, and now even get beaten regularly by NH teams.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/08/30/wh ... nt-page-7/
Another interesting fact to know is that the Springboks actually had a better winning record (50 percent) against the All Blacks than the Kiwis had against them (43 percent) in the amateur era.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BigRed wrote:
BigRed wrote:
loosechange wrote:
Dai Mun Forever wrote:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/08/30/wh ... nt-page-7/
Another interesting fact to know is that the Springboks actually had a better winning record (50 percent) against the All Blacks than the Kiwis had against them (43 percent) in the amateur era.

For sure, the meat eaters were the business. Every kiwi I know is gutted they have turned to custard. The big question for me is, why did you bring them up? :D

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:06 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

What a load of nonsense from the OP. New Zealand's overall skills and speed are far beyond any other team in the world. It should also be borne in mind that the Lions team was (at least in theory) a composite of the best players from four national teams. Does anyone seriously think that any of said national teams would win in NZ on their own? (Maybe England would have won one of the three tests while still losing the other two, but that's it).

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:14 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It's a bit weird how every time a result doesn't go 100% the ABs way it's a case of "they've lost their aura". How big was this aura to start with that it can take such a beating and still exist?

What a tired and played out sentiment.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:27 am
World XV Player

As I live in a non G20 country, I finally got to see the game today.

One can argue about which team did what, and whether Poite made the right calls, but it was a magnificent spectacle.

Congrats to all, and long may it continue.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:39 am
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
The aura of invincibility may have been dented but I will still favour them to go out next year and win every game.

I saw it slightly different. The All Blacks are still next to invincible in World Rugby, The British Lion's built mightily in a short time and achieved the same plane. They both sit on the pedestal of Rugby today.

Tomorrow is another day not yet due.

:king:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

The AB's did fail, they left tries on the field that they should have scored.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 pm