ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
mr messy wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
STOP, HOLD THE FRONT PAGE........

I GOT THE WRONG SEASON. :oops:

:D

majority of those tries in the 1st video should not make a try of the season video list, even parkes try was a crash ball short pass from 2 yards out.

the second video is a different team :shock:

And with Gats abandoning Gatsball, we're going to see more of this for Wales and possibly the other Welsh regions. The pro12 and 6N could be dynamite this coming season. 8)

I for one, would be very surprised if this happens..

He's already shown that he can do it with the Lions.

Totally different scenario - Wales are not the Lions.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:36 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: JD Lions player of the series
Donkka wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
mr messy wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

majority of those tries in the 1st video should not make a try of the season video list, even parkes try was a crash ball short pass from 2 yards out.

And with Gats abandoning Gatsball, we're going to see more of this for Wales and possibly the other Welsh regions. The pro12 and 6N could be dynamite this coming season. 8)

Totally different scenario - Wales are not the Lions.
Indeed, but you need to put a bit more into your post for me to understand what your point is.

Are you saying the players can't be coached to play that way or are you saying the coaches can't coach that way or something else altogether?

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:18 am
Club Player

Apologies - only my opinion but what I meant was that the Lion's already had a mix of players used to playing an expansive, off-loading type of game so it was comparitively easy to change styles in a short period of time. Wales do not have that luxury, either in players or coaching mindset at the moment so it will have to be learned/taught. This will take time - see Scarlets.

So my original point stands. I can't see any significant changes in the coming 6N either in personnel or playing style but, hopefully, by RWC19 we may have evolved to the point where at least we become competitive. Again though, I won't be holding my breath.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
Apologies - only my opinion but what I meant was that the Lion's already had a mix of players used to playing an expansive, off-loading type of game so it was comparitively easy to change styles in a short period of time. Wales do not have that luxury, either in players or coaching mindset at the moment so it will have to be learned/taught. This will take time - see Scarlets.

So my original point stands. I can't see any significant changes in the coming 6N either in personnel or playing style but, hopefully, by RWC19 we may have evolved to the point where at least we become competitive. Again though, I won't be holding my breath.

Yes, I sort of agree with all of that.

I do think we need to start the transition though, or get totally left behind.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:41 am
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Donkka wrote:

Yes, I sort of agree with all of that.

I do think we need to start the transition though, or get totally left behind.

I think you are spot-on Icey and, probably has to be said, I'm a fan of Gatland but, his being away from us because of the Lions has already put any transition back almost a year!! I think he's the bloke who can oversee it though? Also have to say, given the comments from the WRU (Phillips wasn't it?) it seemed to suggest that they won't be unrolling a 'Welcome back' Warren, with the words "Now lets get down to some serious work for the RWC!" For me, the wording of Phillips' statement only missed out 'We'll pay for your ticket save you coming back!'

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:54 pm
World XV Player

I wish i knew what was going on. We all knew that Wales's tour was going to be difficult given the situation.

What the stuff is this bitchin all about?

If you can't hold your own balls then quit the field.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
mr messy wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Really? Or was if the players taking risks and playing their game, 9-10-12 were never Welsh?

Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:11 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
mr messy wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

Really? Or was if the players taking risks and playing their game, 9-10-12 were never Welsh?
Well Webb (9) and Biggar (10) are both Welsh as is JD (13), Sanjay (15). But it's not all about the 9-10-12. Its more about getting the whole team to play. Many have said that Foxy benefited from the 10/12 combination of Farrell and Sexton, but his breaks didn't come from that combination - it was more a team thing.

The Scarlets players in the Welsh team are already playing this style and if you add in the other Lions you would have a backline of Webb, Biggar, Scott Williams, JD, North, Sanjay and Halfpenny. That entire backline can play an expansive game. Add in the forwards of Rob Evans, Ken O, Samson Lee, AWJ, Charteris, Tupiric, Warbutron and Faletau and you have a whole team who can play an attractive brand of rugby.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:07 pm