http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/40544586

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:28 pm
Primary Schools Player

Post Re: JD Lions player of the series
Tony Panties wrote:
So says this :

3rd Welshman out of 3 :thumbright:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/40544586

Nice guy and fully deserved. The highest accolade a player can get is being voted man of the series's by his team mates. It speaks volumes of his input on and off the pitch.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Deserved by JD, would be happy with it being him or Itoje, both have stood up throughout the tests.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Well deserved. :clap:

And to think some posters on here didnlt think he should even have been on the plane. :dontknow:

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:23 am
World XV Player

I think he deserved it ...... very nice guy (i have had a pint with him once).

Really though he did what he does. The reaction to every result is massive overkill. If Wales struggle and he doesn't shine it will be because of the Lions :)

Bit like Gatland, a few things bounce your way, your one of the best coaches in the world, i few things bounce wrong your the problem :dontknow:

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:39 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I would have gone with faletau myself

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
I would have gone with faletau myself

Dint know he was gay :D

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Can't complain about that at all, he has stepped up massively for the Lions and seemed to be playing more like he does for his club than for Wales. I think it was really between him and Itoje.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:31 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Can't complain about that at all, he has stepped up massively for the Lions and seemed to be playing more like he does for his club than for Wales. I think it was really between him and Itoje.

yep I think when Itoje curbs his over eagerness he will be a great,I agree on Davies and his playing more like his club side than the international side.
Gatland ball wasn't evident in the three tests, which I was pleased about, I don't agree with many here who say we cant play a passing running game because of the players we have, I aways and still do think that as utter ballux, which JD has proven, from being lambasted as someone who couldn't pass to someone who passes sublimely, He never learned that in the last 12mths he learned that when he was 7,8,9,10
What will Gatland and co bring to the table the next 6N, will be very interesting as it seems we (The welsh lions) can all pass and catch a ball in the worst of conditions....................... I live in hope. :)

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:33 pm
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Troron wrote:

yep I think when Itoje curbs his over eagerness he will be a great,I agree on Davies and his playing more like his club side than the international side.
Gatland ball wasn't evident in the three tests, which I was pleased about, I don't agree with many here who say we cant play a passing running game because of the players we have, I aways and still do think that as utter ballux, which JD has proven, from being lambasted as someone who couldn't pass to someone who passes sublimely, He never learned that in the last 12mths he learned that when he was 7,8,9,10
What will Gatland and co bring to the table the next 6N, will be very interesting as it seems we (The welsh lions) can all pass and catch a ball in the worst of conditions....................... I live in hope. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wot he said

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:01 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Troron wrote:

I guess the question is who Wales want at 12? Could we see Wales drastically changing to a 2 distributor setup or still retain the bashing setup? I think most teams are shifting towards 2 passers and it would definitely benefit the likes of North if he can get on the end of that with more space.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Troron wrote:

I guess the question is who Wales want at 12? Could we see Wales drastically changing to a 2 distributor setup or still retain the bashing setup? I think most teams are shifting towards 2 passers and it would definitely benefit the likes of North if he can get on the end of that with more space.

Wales should play the Scarlets pairing of Scott Williams and Foxy at 12 and 13. They might even consider Patchel at 10.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:13 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Troron wrote:

We have discussed this at some length and Davies is not progressing as well as hoped although that is not to say that the option is closed.

I would say that we have to kick less and contrive more, JD played well with T'eo too.

Liam Williams at FB should create more opportunities. His Lions contribution was creative.

I have always had the impression with Gatland and Wales that the Coach game plan dominates and free opportunity is not part of it.

The likes of JD benefits with opportunity at the time and when it's there and not regimented. I thought his contribution in fast defence was very evident too although the Welsh team usually defend well.

Speed is of the essence and Wales seem to be comparatively lethargic and lateral.

The consistent aspect with Lions and Wales is Gatland and one cannot ignore team quality but the stereotype for Wales is well known and read.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:16 pm
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Troron wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Troron wrote:

We have discussed this at some length and Davies is not progressing as well as hoped although that is not to say that the option is closed.

I would say that we have to kick less and contrive more, JD played well with T'eo too.

Liam Williams at FB should create more opportunities. His Lions contribution was creative.

I have always had the impression with Gatland and Wales that the Coach game plan dominates and free opportunity is not part of it.

The likes of JD benefits with opportunity at the time and when it's there and not regimented. I thought his contribution in fast defence was very evident too although the Welsh team usually defend well.

Speed is of the essence and Wales seem to be comparatively lethargic and lateral.

The consistent aspect with Lions and Wales is Gatland and one cannot ignore team quality but the stereotype for Wales is well known and read.

Yes the lateral play of Wales was not evident with the lions, this is something I haven't understood, what is the reason in persisting in something the whole world knows about and now stops, the lions were successful because of the variety of their game, with a strong forward pack.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:58 am
Mini Player

well deserved close run as myself thought furlong had a great series also daily very well done and deserved

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:18 am
Profile E-mail