It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Did Romain Poite handle the game well? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Did Romain Poite handle the game well?
Justic wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
There's no law change here. Very odd this idea of "up here it's a penalty". All the refs were from up there. This was an up there ruling.

Regardless if it's being reffed that way up there it's *fupping* retarded. Not being able to challenge because a guy jumped slightly before you, despite the fact that you might have momentum, and a vastly superior vertical leap is ridiculous.

An interpretation like this would help the ABs a hell of a lot more than it would hinder, but it's poor and brought on by hand-wringing mothers who should leave our game alone.

If this lot have their way rugby would be a no contact sport with no one watching.

Yes it is *fupping* ridiculous.

The whole contact with the head thing is *fupping* ridiculous.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
Justic wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
There's no law change here. Very odd this idea of "up here it's a penalty". All the refs were from up there. This was an up there ruling.

Regardless if it's being reffed that way up there it's *fupping* retarded. Not being able to challenge because a guy jumped slightly before you, despite the fact that you might have momentum, and a vastly superior vertical leap is ridiculous.

An interpretation like this would help the ABs a hell of a lot more than it would hinder, but it's poor and brought on by hand-wringing mothers who should leave our game alone.

If this lot have their way rugby would be a no contact sport with no one watching.

Yes it is *fupping* ridiculous.

The whole contact with the head thing is *fupping* ridiculous.

Did you know the World Rugby people have thousands of pages on head injuries?

Effing softies.

:angry4:

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:58 pm
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:

Did you know the World Rugby people have thousands of pages on head injuries?

Effing softies.

:angry4:

Yes. As an official for welfare and safety at our rugby club I have access to all of it.

The laws are ridiculous.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

I don't agree with it, but I've definitely seen similar to Read's challenge penalised as well (maybe CC, maybe SR), stupid that I can't remember so without 'proof' I guess it's all horseshit.

As usual, consistency is mainly what we really want.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:27 pm
World XV Player

From what I see we have three options.

1. Allow a contest in the air where players are free to jump if they are attacking the ball.
2. Rule that neither player can jump to take the ball and treat it like dangerous play (jumping into a tackle) if they do.
3. Only allow the opposition player to jump for kick reception (but how does this affect kick passing?).

At the moment it is too open to differing rulings for basically the same event. We've already got enough of those in rugby.

I'd prefer option 1. Players jumping to take a kick have their fate in their own hands, it is their choice if they put themselves in a dangerous position or not. If they choose to stay on the ground there is no way they are getting tipped over or falling hard.

I didn't think there was much in the L Wiliams situation but with how things are going you just expect a card for anything like that atm. They need to sort the laws out.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 pm
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:

1. Allow a contest in the air where players are free to jump if they are attacking the ball.
2. Rule that neither player can jump to take the ball and treat it like dangerous play (jumping into a tackle) if they do.
3. Only allow the opposition player to jump for kick reception (but how does this affect kick passing?).

At the moment it is too open to differing rulings for basically the same event. We've already got enough of those in rugby.

I'd prefer option 1. Players jumping to take a kick have their fate in their own hands, it is their choice if they put themselves in a dangerous position or not. If they choose to stay on the ground there is no way they are getting tipped over or falling hard.

I didn't think there was much in the L Wiliams situation but with how things are going you just expect a card for anything like that atm. They need to sort the laws out.

Yeah, 4 weeks for a premeditated shoulder to the head is way too lenient.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:32 am
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Again you're just trolling. Try to at least be relevant, the grown ups are talking.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:02 am
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:
I don't agree with it, but I've definitely seen similar to Read's challenge penalised as well (maybe CC, maybe SR), stupid that I can't remember so without 'proof' I guess it's all horseshit.

As usual, consistency is mainly what we really want.

My little opinion is that if we were that good we wouldn't have been clutching at straws for this.. Because we could finish try's or kick average goals we had to wait for a roll of the dice at the end, which could have gone against us too...
Interpretations of this :dontknow: :dontknow:

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:
To be clear, we must all realize we are debating the laws - Not the result...

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:16 pm
World XV Player

TheSmurf wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:
To be clear, we must all realize we are debating the laws - Not the result...

Yep, and I think the debate on the law, at least on the result has been swayed and influenced by the result. in this situation, but hey, the vigor of the debate has escalated by the draw,, the debate possibly would have been as vigorous by many kiwis if the free kick went the opposing way.

OK mass debate away on the laws, kiwis will keep this going for as long as the forward passes of 2007 :D

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

Again you're just trolling. Try to at least be relevant, the grown ups are talking.

It's what happens when you smack your hands and head against the keyboard and then spell check takes over.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:07 pm
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
Four More Years wrote:
Bouch wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

It's what happens when you smack your hands and head against the keyboard and then spell check takes over.

I reckon the old man just didn't read it correctly and shot off his reply too fast. He thought I was talking about Sonny Bill Williams, when I clearly said L Williams. Then he was too late to edit.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:15 am
International Player

Just to muddy the waters even further ... isn't Read MILES offside on the kick off .. ?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

welshy34 wrote:
Just to muddy the waters even further ... isn't Read MILES offside on the kick off .. ?

Oooof, Bombshell.

And Daly would have kicked that one - Lions robbed of the series by the ref. :D

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:57 pm
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
welshy34 wrote:

Oooof, Bombshell.

And Daly would have kicked that one - Lions robbed of the series by the ref. :D

And ya wouldn't have missed any kicks from 55 out, unlike the best 10 in the history of the universe and beyond.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next