It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:47 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Did Romain Poite handle the game well? 
World XV Player

Post Re: Did Romain Poite handle the game well?
TheSmurf wrote:
Ah, so the one where Read hit the player in the air :D .

Do you think that was a foul?

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:48 am
International Player

The Ref says at 1:46:10 to the two catains after deliberating with the Assistant Refs & TMO ....

"We have a DEAL about the offside form 16 red ...."

A Deal ??

A Deal with who ?

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:53 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

loosechange wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:

He was never actually going to catch it.
It did interfere with Liams attempt to catch it.

Rightly or wrongly - we've seen them given over here.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:56 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Forrealz wrote:
If we'd lost the series I think you'd find that we would have been not happy, a drawn series, ok ish, at least not lost.

This sounds to like this once in a player's lifetime grand ultra challenge event isn't actually now that big a deal win wise for you.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

welshy34 wrote:
loosechange wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:

He was never actually going to catch it.
It did interfere with Liams attempt to catch it.

Rightly or wrongly - we've seen them given over here.

Wow. Fair enough, I don't think I've ever seen that given. :scratch: He was watching the ball, and tried to tap it back, pretty much ch what we try to do every kick off.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:15 pm
World XV Player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtDnkqIv4Mk&t=3179s

The bullshyte is the comentators lack of latteral intelligence .. it made a big thing about nothing.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

In the Times (London) today former international referee Rob Debney says Poite called the incident in debate right. Debney also quotes the law in full, verbatim, in support of Poite.
I didn't want to have to get into this aspect of it, but, frankly -
1. Some opinions I've read in the prints (not here) are that Read himself, though appearing to concentrate fully on the ball, should have been penalised for the clatter on Williams
2. This whole bitch-fest about whether it was or wasn't a pen really only shows that some in NZ are clutching at straws in a way they'd never have done in the past i.e. there's some denial going on down there about the slippage of the crown... their failure to put away, at home, a brave but fundamentally pretty random bunch of Lions.
Andrew Mehrtens said in the Times today he was 'worried' about the ABs' World Cup prospects (though that may be taking things a little too far. I don't predict a pool stage exit!)
The ABs have taken an unexpected hit and they're going back to port. Whether they're limping back is open to question. But they're not holed. Not yet, anyway.
To be honest, I was happy with the drawn series... for the players and for rugby.
Can't believe these folks who want to flog those guys into extra-time. What about welfare? Draws happen. That's life.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:21 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Dai Mun Forever wrote:
In the Times (London) today former international referee Rob Debney says Poite called the incident in debate right. Debney also quotes the law in full, verbatim, in support of Poite.
I didn't want to have to get into this aspect of it, but, frankly -
1. Some opinions I've read in the prints (not here) are that Read himself, though appearing to concentrate fully on the ball, should have been penalised for the clatter on Williams
2. This whole bitch-fest about whether it was or wasn't a pen really only shows that some in NZ are clutching at straws in a way they'd never have done in the past i.e. there's some denial going on down there about the slippage of the crown... their failure to put away, at home, a brave but fundamentally pretty random bunch of Lions.
Andrew Mehrtens said in the Times today he was 'worried' about the ABs' World Cup prospects (though that may be taking things a little too far. I don't predict a pool stage exit!)
The ABs have taken an unexpected hit and they're going back to port. Whether they're limping back is open to question. But they're not holed. Not yet, anyway.
To be honest, I was happy with the drawn series... for the players and for rugby.
Can't believe these folks who want to flog those guys into extra-time. What about welfare? Draws happen. That's life.

I thought Read contested the ball, is attempting to catch it a must? :scratch:
Many in NZ are no different to many on here, or on any sports site. Ref blaming is everywhere. So many examples.
imho I think the blackness blew it, they dominated over the 240 minutes, and hopefully have learned a great deal.

Bring on the RC! :occasion5:

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 am
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:

No he doesn't have to catch it, but he does have to challenge without causing danger to the other player

I can't find the law change, and quite honestly it's a cluster *fupp* law.

Up here it would likely be interpreted that he was the second up, and in order to get to the ball (and not even catch it but to tap it back at a stretch) had to barge the airborne Williams who was in good position to catch it, penalty against, dangerous play

Basically up here if the receiver has good position and gets in the air early he's virtually unchallengeable.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:38 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
loosechange wrote:

No he doesn't have to catch it, but he does have to challenge without causing danger to the other player

Up here it would likely be interpreted that he was the second up, and in order to get to the ball (and not even catch it but to tap it back at a stretch) had to barge the airborne Williams who was in good position to catch it, penalty against, dangerous play

Basically up here if the receiver has good position and gets in the air early he's virtually unchallengeable.

y'up. it's very similar to the 2 incidents that earnt Williams a yellow card earlier in the tour. the main difference being the outcome of the player 1st in the air

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:24 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

CymraegJanner wrote:
loosechange wrote:

:shock: Wow. I had no idea. We've been doing what Read done for years and I've never seen or heard anything about it.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:34 am
World XV Player

There's no law change here. Very odd this idea of "up here it's a penalty". All the refs were from up there. This was an up there ruling.

Regardless if it's being reffed that way up there it's *fupping* retarded. Not being able to challenge because a guy jumped slightly before you, despite the fact that you might have momentum, and a vastly superior vertical leap is ridiculous.

An interpretation like this would help the ABs a hell of a lot more than it would hinder, but it's poor and brought on by hand-wringing mothers who should leave our game alone.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
There's no law change here. Very odd this idea of "up here it's a penalty". All the refs were from up there. This was an up there ruling.

Regardless if it's being reffed that way up there it's *fupping* retarded. Not being able to challenge because a guy jumped slightly before you, despite the fact that you might have momentum, and a vastly superior vertical leap is ridiculous.

An interpretation like this would help the ABs a hell of a lot more than it would hinder, but it's poor and brought on by hand-wringing mothers who should leave our game alone.

If this lot have their way rugby would be a no contact sport with no one watching.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:02 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:

what were your thoughts on liam Williams yellow card against the blues after he jumped for the ball with duffie?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
Four More Years wrote:

what were your thoughts on liam Williams yellow card against the blues after he jumped for the ball with duffie?

I just watched it and I don't think it's a card, play on. It looks worse because he kind of grabbed the player, Read just jumps in the air and shoulders him. Similar, and play on.
I thought the Kaino forearm to the face was no different to SOB, and both deserved cards imho.
It's just one big game of interpretations, hence SH saying world rugby need to clean the rules up a bit.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:13 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next