It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Gats and Co 
World XV Player

Post Re: Gats and Co
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
fair play this made me chuckle from twitter

GJPowell‏ @TheVietGwent

Having drawn a Test series in NZ, Gats can now get back to his day job of being told by fat useless Blues fans he 's not good enough for Wales...
2:57 AM - 8 Jul 2017

Made more accurate

fixed :D

Those bloody aucklanders are rubbing it in. :twisted:

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:30 pm
International Player

Blindside wrote:

You can accept or not accept what you like but the simple fact is we dont produce enough quality players..... except for Jesus there is no coach yet been born that could make Wales into a top 4 team over a reasonably extended period of time.

There is nothing in the development structure or the under 20 results that would say we could be any better than we have been.

Which Wales team do you think would be more successful, the Wales team with Warren Gatland calling the shots or a Wales team with Eddie Jones calling the shots?

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:40 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:

You can accept or not accept what you like but the simple fact is we dont produce enough quality players..... except for Jesus there is no coach yet been born that could make Wales into a top 4 team over a reasonably extended period of time.

There is nothing in the development structure or the under 20 results that would say we could be any better than we have been.

Which Wales team do you think would be more successful, the Wales team with Warren Gatland calling the shots or a Wales team with Eddie Jones calling the shots?

They'd be different teams so unfair comparison ;)

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:59 pm
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:

the team with the better players capable of executing the plan, like we did for a while and now England are.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:27 pm
International Player

eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:

the team with the better players capable of executing the plan, like we did for a while and now England are.

So it would have nothing to do with the relative coaching abilities/approach/motivation/etc. that Gatland and Jones would bring.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:41 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I don't think its as black and white as that

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:43 pm
International Player

I don't think its as black and white as that

In answer to the question I posed you said it was down to the players. So you're the one that introduced the idea of it being a " black and white" explanation not me.

I think coaches have a lot of influence and probably more so the lower the quality of the players that are available.
My feeling is that Eddie Jones would get better results(wins) out of the Welsh players available to him than Gatland has for the past couple of seasons and most likely will get as he sees out his contract.
Eddie Jones isn't going to switch to coaching Wales but the point is that our national team isn't I think fulfilling it's potential under Gatland.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

What I don't get is this Eddie Jones shit ..he stinks more than Zurich ..he can f'k off !

If you tarts are so desperate go join 606.

Otherwise stop swearing and leave the eddie name out of decent conversation!

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:

My honest opinion.....

Eddie Jones, why ? because i think he is an excellent coach who evolves with the game i also think he has a similar strength of purpose to Gatland, in that he has strong control and instills a strength of purpose.

He would be new and fresh.

Do i think he would make Wales into a team that would really challenge in a World Cup? .....No

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:38 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Blindside wrote:
eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:

My honest opinion.....

Eddie Jones, why ? because i think he is an excellent coach who evolves with the game i also think he has a similar strength of purpose to Gatland, in that he has strong control and instills a strength of purpose.

Do i think he would make Wales into a team that would really challenge in a World Cup? .....No

Yes the state of Welsh rugby isn't great but I posed the question because you said -
"There is nothing in the development structure or the under 20 results that would say we could be any better than we have been."

I don't think World Cup challengers is a realistic prospect either whoever the coach is but we now seem to agree that Gatland isn't a coach that some insist gets the maximum out of the playing resources available to him. Who is available who might is another matter though.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:36 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:
eog wrote:
Blindside wrote:

My honest opinion.....

Yes the state of Welsh rugby isn't great but I posed the question because you said -
"There is nothing in the development structure or the under 20 results that would say we could be any better than we have been."

I don't think World Cup challengers is a realistic prospect either whoever the coach is but we now seem to agree that Gatland isn't a coach that some insist gets the maximum out of the playing resources available to him. Who is available who might is another matter though.

You seem to be saying you have no idea who you want to coach Wales as long as it's not WG, how odd. Surely the best way forward would be for WG to stay till the next RWC but in the last year bring on his successor to spend time in the International setup to try and get some continuity. Though this is the WRU we are talking about and this would require a bit of forward thinking

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:15 am
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

If Gats and Howley have now been found innocent as charged, and if we now have 11 of the top world players and if our national side is as motivated when playing England etc as our Lions were against NZ, then who caused this national side to play as badly as Wales have this last few years?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:31 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Blindside wrote:

Funny how things look different from others' perspective.
https://www.balls.ie/rugby/blacks-north ... gby-360991

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:55 am
Profile E-mail

Figaro wrote:
Blindside wrote:

Funny how things look different from others' perspective.
https://www.balls.ie/rugby/blacks-north ... gby-360991

Yes I do get annoyed when people both on this forum and Wales Online claim that Irish rugby is much superior to Welsh rugby. A possible explanation for the paradox of why, over the last decade, Ireland has generally done better at club level but Wales at international level, is that a first-string Wales is still (arguably) better than a first-string Ireland, but a second-string Wales is definitely weaker than a second-string Ireland. Therefore, on the one hand injuries impact on Wales more than Ireland at international level, while on the other Ireland has more players who, though not great at international level, are formidable at provincial level and thus contribute to them winning the Pro 12 and Europe often. Anyway, here is a comparison of Welsh and Irish performances in the Junior World Cup since it was created in 2008:

Wales

4th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 3rd, 2nd, 7th, 6th, 7th, 7th.
AVERAGE RANK: 6th

Ireland

9th, 8th, 9th, 8th, 5th, 8th, 4th, 7th, 2nd, 9th.
AVERAGE RANK: 7th

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rug ... ng_nations

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:57 pm
Profile E-mail

It should also be noted that Wales were the very first team to beat New Zealand in the Junior World Championship back in 2012.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next