It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Gats and Co 
Primary Schools Player

Post Re: Gats and Co
Big And Dull wrote:
I really do despair at times. Exactly what has Gatland and Howley got to do and where exactly do people think we will be with new management?

Surely you want a coach that puts the Welsh team first? If gats was offered the NZ job he'd drop wales like a hot potato. Gatland has mastered the art of coaching the Lions. He has a lot of experience in doing so.

He hasn't mastered the art of taking wales from solid 6 nations competitors to world beaters having been in the job for a decade. So if you ask me what gatland has to do, the answer is take wales down under and achieve what's he's achieved on the last 2 lions tours.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:45 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Big And Dull wrote:
fair play this made me chuckle from twitter

GJPowell‏ @TheVietGwent

Having drawn a Test series in NZ, Gats can now get back to his day job of being told by Blues fans he 's not good enough for Wales...
2:57 AM - 8 Jul 2017

Made more accurate

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail

BritishLion wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
I really do despair at times. Exactly what has Gatland and Howley got to do and where exactly do people think we will be with new management?

Surely you want a coach that puts the Welsh team first? If gats was offered the NZ job he'd drop wales like a hot potato. Gatland has mastered the art of coaching the Lions. He has a lot of experience in doing so.

He hasn't mastered the art of taking wales from solid 6 nations competitors to world beaters having been in the job for a decade. So if you ask me what gatland has to do, the answer is take wales down under and achieve what's he's achieved on the last 2 lions tours.

Name a coach who could have taken us to be World beaters, of course reaching a semi final doesn't count in some people's minds.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

Big And Dull wrote:
BritishLion wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:

Name a coach who could have taken us to be World beaters, of course reaching a semi final doesn't count in some people's minds.

I can't name you a coach who is instantly available that could fill the role, I grant you.

My point is 10 years is a very very long time to be in a coaching position without some serious silverware under your belt. Look what a refreshed coaching team did for England and a refreshed assistant coach has done for Ireland.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:02 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

That semi final was a long time ago.
If he'd guided Wales to a win over NZ I'd be screaming to have his babies, but as he now seems to care more about the Lions I'm less than satisfied.
Great coach and has done wonders for us, but things are starting to get a bit long in the tooth.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:05 pm
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:

GJPowell‏ @TheVietGwent

Having drawn a Test series in NZ, Gats can now get back to his day job of being told by Cardiff fans he 's not good enough for Wales... 2:57 AM - 8 Jul 2017

Quote:
Water off a Duck's Back

Gatland wearing that clown's nose that he picked up in New Zealand was very, very good.

Congratulations, Mr Gatland.

Your record is second to none.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:07 pm

spinbreath wrote:
If he'd guided Wales to a win over NZ I'd be screaming to have his babies, but as he now seems to care more about the Lions I'm less than satisfied.
Great coach and has done wonders for us, but things are starting to get a bit long in the tooth.

I'm sure you could name the coaches that have led Wales to wins against NZ in recent history

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

Big And Dull wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

I'm sure you could name the coaches that have led Wales to wins against NZ in recent history

So are you saying we should just accept wales are just not as good as England and Ireland and it's a player problem rather than a coaching problem?

Finally are you happy with how Wales have performed overall in the last 2 seasons?

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:13 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

Big And Dull wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

I'm not advocating anyone better. I just think it's time we had someone who could commit 100% to us. I can't help but think he's currently using his Wales job as a springboard to greater things for himself.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm

BritishLion wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

So are you saying we should just accept wales are just not as good as England and Ireland and it's a player problem rather than a coaching problem?

Finally are you happy with how Wales have performed overall in the last 2 seasons?

We beat England in THEIR RWC even with the injuries we had we were within a whisker of beating England the last 6N. Stuffed Ireland last 6N We were inconsistent last 6N rather than poor. I want us to win every game but when you look at the strength or lack of in the regional game it's amazing we can beat anyone other than Italy. Oh and yes I am well aware who the Pro12 champs are

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

Big And Dull wrote:
BritishLion wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

We beat England in THEIR RWC even with the injuries we had we were within a whisker of beating England the last 6N. Stuffed Ireland last 6N We were inconsistent last 6N rather than poor. I want us to win every game but when you look at the strength or lack of in the regional game it's amazing we can beat anyone other than Italy. Oh and yes I am well aware who the Pro12 champs are

Well i guess we agree to disagree. For me, I don't want to judge us on how many times we beat or nearly beat England any more.

I want to see gats win a test series in Aus and beat New Zealand and / or win next years grand slam. Beating England at twickenham 2 years ago isn't enough for me to champion gatlands Wales coaching prowess after spending a decade in the same job.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

BritishLion wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

You can accept or not accept what you like but the simple fact is we dont produce enough quality players..... except for Jesus there is no coach yet been born that could make Wales into a top 4 team over a reasonably extended period of time.

There is nothing in the development structure or the under 20 results that would say we could be any better than we have been.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail

BritishLion wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
BritishLion wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
spinbreath wrote:

Well i guess we agree to disagree. For me, I don't want to judge us on how many times we beat or nearly beat England any more.

I want to see gats win a test series in Aus and beat New Zealand and / or win next years grand slam. Beating England at twickenham 2 years ago isn't enough for me to champion gatlands Wales coaching prowess after spending a decade in the same job.

This is what I do not understand. why do people think that changing coach would allow to beat SA NZ or Aust We have played against them many times in the past with all sorts of coaches and have always struggled to beat them, of course the last time we played SA we DID beat them

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:42 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big And Dull wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:

GJPowell‏ @TheVietGwent

Having drawn a Test series in NZ, Gats can now get back to his day job of being told by fat useless Blues fans he 's not good enough for Wales...

Made more accurate

fixed :D

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:
Big And Dull wrote:

GJPowell‏ @TheVietGwent

Having drawn a Test series in NZ, Gats can now get back to his day job of being told by fat useless Blues fans he 's not good enough for Wales...

Made more accurate

fixed :D

You'll get me in trouble :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next