ScumV Rugby Forum - Welsh Rugby Forum - Rugby Chat at its Best
http://scumv.co.uk/

The right end to a great tour!
http://scumv.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=73271
Page 1 of 3

Author:  wombles [ Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:32 am ]
Post subject:  The right end to a great tour!

Hard to be disappointed with the result, both teams gave their all and played the game positively throughout. Sometimes the draw is the right result for all involved, and this is one of those occasions.

Well done Lions, Well done All Blacks.
:occasion5:

Author:  Forrealz [ Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

wombles wrote:
Hard to be disappointed with the result, both teams gave their all and played the game positively throughout. Sometimes the draw is the right result for all involved, and this is one of those occasions.

Well done Lions, Well done All Blacks.
:occasion5:

Surprisingly how OK I was for the draw. Excellent series

Author:  TheSmurf [ Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

As a neutral, I see nothing wrong with Wombles' posts so I don't get why some of you get so bent out of shape about him.
Same with Troron...

Author:  najbritcol [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

I agree with this. Honours even is about right.

Author:  Forrealz [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

Drawn serries someone must have made some money.
After all that, fair call, relying on a penalty at the death, not best way to win. Dun and dusted.

Author:  LLanrumneyOik [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

TheSmurf wrote:
As a neutral, I see nothing wrong with Wombles' posts so I don't get why some of you get so bent out of shape about him.
Same with Troron...



the english have a way of saying things in a sneaky way that seems innocent to the casual observer ...wombles is a past master at it :D

Author:  TheSmurf [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:
As a neutral, I see nothing wrong with Wombles' posts so I don't get why some of you get so bent out of shape about him.
Same with Troron...



You are stupid and don't understand subtlety and sneakiness ...wombles is a past master at it :D

Translated :thefinger: :D

(this might actually be true, but regardless, I still think there's nothing wrong with their posts ;) )

Author:  LLanrumneyOik [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

TheSmurf wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
TheSmurf wrote:
As a neutral, I see nothing wrong with Wombles' posts so I don't get why some of you get so bent out of shape about him.
Same with Troron...



You are stupid and don't understand subtlety and sneakiness ...wombles is a past master at it :D

Translated :thefinger: :D

(this might actually be true, but regardless, I still think there's nothing wrong with their posts ;) )



You wouldn't because you are not the target. His anti Celt sentiment is riven with jealousy and he has no where to turn now that the tour is not his predicted disaster.

Us Welsh won't take the micky though .. he knows how to eat humble pie by now.

Author:  Troron [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
You wouldn't because you are not the target. His anti Celt sentiment is riven with jealousy and he has no where to turn now that the tour is not his predicted disaster.

Us Welsh won't take the micky though .. he knows how to eat humble pie by now.


You say you won't take the micky whilst somehow making out you are the victim of nationalistic comments rather than the perpetrator... I think you will find most comments me and Wombles make on that front are in reaction to what we perceive as comments that are made as a result of a prejudice rather than a fair assessment of the team, players or nationality. For example how many posts has Donkka made that are in any way praising anything English vs how many blaming us for anything under the sun. That's the extreme case but you have Tyleri who is the same.

I think Wombles and myself can admit when Welsh players are good and will give a fair assessment of them, we just don't feel that English players get the same and will therefore challenge it.

Author:  TheSmurf [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

Image

Author:  wombles [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

Troron wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
You wouldn't because you are not the target. His anti Celt sentiment is riven with jealousy and he has no where to turn now that the tour is not his predicted disaster.

Us Welsh won't take the micky though .. he knows how to eat humble pie by now.


You say you won't take the micky whilst somehow making out you are the victim of nationalistic comments rather than the perpetrator... I think you will find most comments me and Wombles make on that front are in reaction to what we perceive as comments that are made as a result of a prejudice rather than a fair assessment of the team, players or nationality. For example how many posts has Donkka made that are in any way praising anything English vs how many blaming us for anything under the sun. That's the extreme case but you have Tyleri who is the same.

I think Wombles and myself can admit when Welsh players are good and will give a fair assessment of them, we just don't feel that English players get the same and will therefore challenge it.


I agree with Troron, i also must add that at no point have i criticised the celtic or Welsh people (feel free to post any posts of mine to disprove this if you feel the evidence exists). From what it seems the only person that is casting negative stereotypes and assertions is from your good self Llanrumneyoik, even in this thread you have placed a negative view on English people. I have read enough verbal arrows thrown at Troron over the years, with personal abuse thrown whilst all he is doing is providing a counter arguement or standing up for his views, nothing wrong with that as that is what message boards, forums are for, but there is always something wrong when personal shots are taken or trying to post words with anger to attempt toforce someone into not posting again, rather than reply to a viewpoint that someone doesnt agree with a thoughtful counter arguement

I must add? What am i jealous of? I feel quite happy with how the tour went, players such as Warburton and JD proved me wrong, nothing wrong with that as these forums are for everyone to be able to talk about rugby and their thoughts om selection, choice, tactics etc. The lions is secure as far as i can tell, something i like many others want to see. Now the focus shifts to clubs and country again. Rugby has won all ends up! Which is the best result of the lot!

Author:  LLanrumneyOik [ Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

Troron wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
You wouldn't because you are not the target. His anti Celt sentiment is riven with jealousy and he has no where to turn now that the tour is not his predicted disaster.

Us Welsh won't take the micky though .. he knows how to eat humble pie by now.


You say you won't take the micky whilst somehow making out you are the victim of nationalistic comments rather than the perpetrator... I think you will find most comments me and Wombles make on that front are in reaction to what we perceive as comments that are made as a result of a prejudice rather than a fair assessment of the team, players or nationality. For example how many posts has Donkka made that are in any way praising anything English vs how many blaming us for anything under the sun. That's the extreme case but you have Tyleri who is the same.

I think Wombles and myself can admit when Welsh players are good and will give a fair assessment of them, we just don't feel that English players get the same and will therefore challenge it.



Have I offended you in some other life?

Author:  LLanrumneyOik [ Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

wombles? Your answer to Troron is moot at the mo, no worries.

Author:  Troron [ Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Have I offended you in some other life?


Nope but you seem convinced that we have offended you in this one.

Author:  Donkka [ Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The right end to a great tour!

Dear God, yet more angst from the resident Nigels. :kermit:

What they do not seem to understand is that while they see english players as the dogs bolleaux there are some of us who disagree and see them as just, well, bolleaux.

Wombles and Tromoron - a fine pair to ignore. :bootyshake:

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/