It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:39 am

2019 World Cup Qualifier 
World XV Player

Post 2019 World Cup Qualifier
The US hammered Canada 52-16 yesterday, in captain Todd Clever's last game pre retirement, and I believe will play in the same group as England in Japan.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:33 pm
Regional Player

Post Re: 2019 World Cup Qualifier
Langland Exile wrote:
The US hammered Canada 52-16 yesterday, in captain Todd Clever's last game pre retirement, and I believe will play in the same group as England in Japan.

England, France, Argentina, USA, Oceania 2(looking like Samoa or Tonga)

Who is the new US coach?

Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Pool C finalised today with Samoa losing to Fiji. Tonga finish a point ahead of Samoa meaning that Samoa must now play off against the winners of Czech Rep/Portugal.

Pool C
England
France
Argentina
USA
Tonga

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Fingal wrote:
Pool C finalised today with Samoa losing to Fiji. Tonga finish a point ahead of Samoa meaning that Samoa must now play off against the winners of Czech Rep/Portugal.

Pool C
England
France
Argentina
USA
Tonga

Well I'd fancy us to get out of this pool ok this time. France and Argentina depending on form but given how our reserves were able to beat Argentina twice away and no doubt they will be even better in 2 years time, we'd have to have a *fupp* even larger than last time for this to go wrong for us.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

You might win the tournament

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:58 pm
Youth Player

Langland Exile wrote:

FFS...don't say that. Life here would be unbearable.

C'mon the Blacks/Saffers/France/Ireland/Anyone !!!!!!

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:02 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Langland Exile wrote:

Don't worry, we might still snatch an valiant defeat from the jaws of victory! To be honest I can't see England as they are now going all the way. The blackness, despite the Lions, still look like the best team on the planet. Really quite amazing how they do it... If Jones lets our skilled youngsters loose in the seniors next year like he did with Itoje, I'd be much happier.

As a matter of interest, anyone been keeping an eye on that Randall guy in England U20? Practically a hobbit but the guy has heart and does the basics of a SH so well and with real pace. I'd be pretty annoyed if he never got a look in with the seniors because of his size.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Troron wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Don't worry, we might still snatch an valiant defeat from the jaws of victory! To be honest I can't see England as they are now going all the way. The blackness, despite the Lions, still look like the best team on the planet. Really quite amazing how they do it... If Jones lets our skilled youngsters loose in the seniors next year like he did with Itoje, I'd be much happier.

As a matter of interest, anyone been keeping an eye on that Randall guy in England U20? Practically a hobbit but the guy has heart and does the basics of a SH so well and with real pace. I'd be pretty annoyed if he never got a look in with the seniors because of his size.

He seems to have a backup option if Eddie wants an extra flanker as his SH.

RFU
Quote:
A former Wales U16 captain, Slough-born Harry Randall has switched allegiance to his native England and is a member of the Gloucester Senior Academy. His England U20 debut was against Italy in Manchester in June last year and he not only figured in all four subsequent matches in the World Rugby Championship but produced an inspiring performance off the bench in the final. His maiden try for the side was from an opportunist ‘tap and go’ in the victory over Wales at Colwyn Bay last February and he scored a second try against Scotland from Zach Mercer’s sublime offload. Harry also played in all five matches in this year’s World Championship in Georgia.

He had played for the Cherry & Whites in a pre-season match against Exeter Chiefs soon after joining the club, having been with the Scarlets from 2013/15. Harry is studying for a BTEC at Hartpury College, having attended Tycroes Primary, Amman Valley Comprehensive and Llandovery College in Wales.

He started playing when five for the Tycroes club before being with the Scarlets at U16 and U18 level and has already won silverware with Hartbury in the AASE final when he was man of the match. Harry was also included in the Rugby World magazine’s British All Stars Team of the Term in January 2015.

His exploits for Llandovery were not only against Welsh opposition in the Colleges League but also against some of England’s leading sides. His swift service, darting runs, clever kicking and reading of the game were to the fore when Llandovery beat Sedbergh 41-20. College coach Iestyn Thomas said: “We all know he has lightning pace but his judgment of when to run and when not to do so has made him a better all-round player.” Ironically, he was man of the match when Wales U16 beat their England counterparts 25-6 in April 2013.

Harry’s ambitions are to win Test caps for England, represent the British & Irish Lions and become a qualified sports teacher. Dad Joby played for Slough and Wasps and Harry said: “My brothers Jake and Charlie helped me to improve in training and I’ve learned a lot from them through their experience in the game.” His sister Bethany has been involved in gymnastics.

He enjoys watching all sports and spending time with family and friends while his favourite ground is the college’s legendary Tredegar Close. His father, along with boxer Ricky Hatton and Australia’s Will Genia were the sportsmen he most admired while growing up. Harry added: “I like to think I have the same style as All Black Aaron Smith. He’s the best No.9 in the world in my opinion and that’s what I’m aiming to become.”

Harry describes himself as “annoying, energetic and competitive” and his favourite ‘go to’ holiday destination is Australia, though he added: “I’ve not been there yet.” On the culinary front, chicken Kiev and sweet potato is top of his list and he enjoys listening to R & B and to hip hop artist J Cole.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Watched Randall play several times and had him marked out early as a player with great potential to go all the way in years to come. Although I knew he was English born I always did hope he's stay with Wales as we are not over-endowed with SH talent coming through.

Good luck to the boy and I hope he does well with Glous. and England.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Troron wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:

Despite my piss-take I think you are doing Jones and England a disservice there - they are building nicely and come RWC19 will be a real force to contend with and in with a real shout although I haven't seen the QF/SF draws yet.

As far as Randall is concerned, see my other post.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Fingal wrote:

Pool C
England
France
Argentina
USA
Tonga

Strong pool, this seems to mater now, having strong games in the pools
We've had at least 1 of our few chokes by having a weak pool and underdone by finals time

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

USA hammering Canada should be measured on the richter scale ... this is immense.

All the numptyness about encouraging Japan by giving them The World Cup is going to fade into nothing.

There is a new kid on the block!

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:46 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

I like the look of this pool alot! No games are gimmies, and even Tonga and then US can put a rocket up the more 'established' teams if they are not at full tilt! Getting out of the group is a good momentum generator to carry to the knock out stages.

Make no bones about it though, if you want to become world champion, odds are you will be running into at least two of NZ, Eng, SA or Oz on the way (and for us English we will have to deal with at least two of NZ, SA, Oz, whilst already having France and Argentina) with a good chance of coming up against Ireland or Wales. That be the way the cookie crumbles though, and if you want to be world champions you have to take the tough with the tough.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 am
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

wombles wrote:
I like the look of this pool alot! No games are gimmies, and even Tonga and then US can put a rocket up the more 'established' teams if they are not at full tilt! Getting out of the group is a good momentum generator to carry to the knock out stages.

Make no bones about it though, if you want to become world champion, odds are you will be running into at least two of NZ, Eng, SA or Oz on the way (and for us English we will have to deal with at least two of NZ, SA, Oz, whilst already having France and Argentina) with a good chance of coming up against Ireland or Wales. That be the way the cookie crumbles though, and if you want to be world champions you have to take the tough with the tough.

Exactly. Fear no-one, if you want to be a champion then you have to slay the big beasts on the way. Interesting group though.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:41 am
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

It's a tough group but on current form you would fancy England to get out of that.
Not sure about winning it though as a penny to a pound says the AB's will be formidable come the tournament.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:31 pm
Profile E-mail