It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:06 am

What we learned from Wales' tour of the PIs... 
World XV Player

Post Re: What we learned from Wales' tour of the PIs...
Tony Panties wrote:
Don't forget young Davies who should've gone on tour!
That was sinful!

He is a player that I love to watch.

Donkka wrote:

Unfortunately you CAN forget James Davies, or at least until at least 2019 as the current coaching team will never pick him. Disgraceful though it is !!!

its not disgraceful or sinful if the coaches think selecting him has an overall negative effect on the whole team

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
That was sinful!

Donkka wrote:

Unfortunately you CAN forget James Davies, or at least until at least 2019 as the current coaching team will never pick him. Disgraceful though it is !!!

its not disgraceful or sinful if the coaches think selecting him has an overall negative effect on the whole team

If they think that, it only serves to confirm how out of touch with reality they really are, and the WRU should consider terminating anyone so biased and unfit to be in a position of leadership on a huge salary. ;)

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:45 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
mr messy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
That was sinful!

Donkka wrote:

If they think that, it only serves to confirm how out of touch with reality they really are, and the WRU should consider terminating anyone so biased and unfit to be in a position of leadership on a huge salary. ;)

Who knows what they think but to state that they are not noticing his skills is ridulous. If they have reasons for not picking him, that is their choice. There are other good 7s though.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
mr messy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
That was sinful!

Donkka wrote:

Who knows what they think but to state that they are not noticing his skills is ridulous. If they have reasons for not picking him, that is their choice. There are other good 7s though.

it's odd, he seems to fit in at the Scarlets and with the Olympic squad, both winners, but not the Wales coaching staff, who, Gatland apart, are perennial losers, and barely competent.

Good managers get the best out of people and value mercurial assets. Yes men don't stretch the mind. ;)

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:40 pm
World XV Player

Llanelli win one trophy in 15 years and all of a sudden they are the benchmark by which International sides are measured.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:54 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
Llanelli win one trophy in 15 years and all of a sudden they are the benchmark by which International sides are measured.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

He wasn't playing 15 years ago ;)

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:13 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:

Yes it does when you have waited this long and have taken shit from every direction for years :thumbup:

I am glad Wales does not pick pure footballers like Davies and Shingler, we can get a better PRO 12 seeding. Pick players like King and Lydiate that really fit the modern game ;)

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:18 pm
World XV Player

I think they won a big game once, Fids.

Now they've done it again.

:cheers:

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:25 am
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Blindside wrote:

Yes it does when you have waited this long and have taken shit from every direction for years :thumbup:

I am glad Wales does not pick pure footballers like Davies and Shingler, we can get a better PRO 12 seeding. Pick players like King and Lydiate that really fit the modern game ;)

That is an important point.

Success in other successful teams relates to their depth of squad and key XNQs of high class.
They can ride absences and overcome injuries/
The other aspect, imo, is the likelihood that Conferences will be important in futures and seeding will be important within.
The broader scope the Conference the more difficult top level seeding will be and more important to achieve.

I have suggested in the past that maybe NDC could be enlarged to ensure limited NWQ recruitment or some dispensation towards it.

Successful Regional performance isn't just gratification at that level it is vital in Welsh Rugby in particular ... it increases revenue potential, promotes development because of quality level increase etc

Scarlets do suffer similarly but they seem better coached to cope at the mo.
David's point is well made regarding those that are exempted from National selection but that is only a minor overall effect although true.

The other aspect is that meritocracy must percolate further in promoting teams that succeed. 4 Musketeers should be binned, or should I say 3+1 Musketeers :D

Must think oustside the box and fast ... Pro rugby shape and organisation seems to be accelerating and w/wide timetable will, imo, accelerate it further.

Currently the Regions are distinctly not well placed.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:21 am
World XV Player

One of the Regional chiefs has ventured the opinion, off the record, that NDC's will be ended in 2019. Any new ones issued will end with the 2018-19 season.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:20 pm
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
mr messy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
That was sinful!

Donkka wrote:

it's odd, he seems to fit in at the Scarlets and with the Olympic squad, both winners, but not the Wales coaching staff, who, Gatland apart, are perennial losers, and barely competent.

Good managers get the best out of people and value mercurial assets. Yes men don't stretch the mind. ;)

I accept what you are saying but I think Warburton and Tipuric are considered better than him for Wales. I suspect Thomas Young, Moriarty and Faletau would also get picked at 7 if our first choice got injured. Taking the allegations of personality clashes out of it, Davies isn't offering more than these.

Also, sure, Davies has done well but Warburton's international record is very good, with a couple of Six Nations wins a couple of good World Cups, Lions series win and a draw.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Langland Exile wrote:
mr messy wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
That was sinful!

Donkka wrote:

I accept what you are saying but I think Warburton and Tipuric are considered better than him for Wales. I suspect Thomas Young, Moriarty and Faletau would also get picked at 7 if our first choice got injured. Taking the allegations of personality clashes out of it, Davies isn't offering more than these.

Also, sure, Davies has done well but Warburton's international record is very good, with a couple of Six Nations wins a couple of good World Cups, Lions series win and a draw.

In all fairness, the comment was aimed at the section for the Tour to Samoa and Tonga.

To me there is a big gap between International top 5 ranked countries rugby and club rugby, or even top 8-15 ranked international rugby.

Big test for the Scarlets this year to continue the progress from last year, especially without Sanjay.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:46 pm