It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:28 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Lions coverage on BBC website 
Author Message
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1072
Post Lions coverage on BBC website
I've just had a look at the English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh rugby pages of the BBC.
The Irish page is most probably a Northern Ireland perspective and so I'm not surprised at the Lions coverage there GB UK and all that. However the coverage on the Welsh page is extraordinary and really is a indication of how the Lions distracts from our own rugby. Perhaps acting like a surrogate for those needy of success even if by association. Below are the numbers of Lions stories.

England - no Lions story in the top 5, 2 in the top 10 and 2/16 in total.
Scotland - no Lions story in the top 5,two in the top 10 and 4/16 in total.
Ireland (NI) Lions are top 3 stories, 4 in the top 5, 7 in the top 10 and 11/16 in total
Wales - Lions are top 3 stories, 4 in the top 5, 9 in the top 10!!! and 12/16 in total.


Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:59 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5892
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
that's interesting since Welsh players are not likely to the most prolific.

It shows an honest and decent liking for the game.

I can't comment on the childish bitching of the other countries.

I am Glad that The Irish are of the same mind.


Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:25 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1072
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
that's interesting since Welsh players are not likely to the most prolific.

It shows an honest and decent liking for the game.
It therefore also shows an "honest and decent" disinterest in the game in Wales

I can't comment on the childish bitching of the other countries.
You haven't been asked to. This isn't about bitching it's about English and Scottish rugby fans being interested in their national and domestic rugby while Welsh fans are besotted with the Lions.

I am Glad that The Irish are of the same mind.

It's the Northern Irish rugby viewpoint which is rather DUP so NI playing with the Brits probably explains their enthusiasm for the Lions.


Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:25 pm
Posts: 342
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
I've always been ambivalent about the Lions but the callup of half the Wales squad takes the piss.

No doubt everyone will be calling it a "disaster" when Wales lose to Samoa because our tighthead options are an untried youngster and Rhodri Jones, and the remaining Locks in the squad average 1/3 of a cap each.

I don't blame Francis/Dacey/Hill/Davies for taking the chance they've been offered - it won't harm their career chances - but I'd be immensely proud if any of them who had refused to play for the Lions - to whom they are just extra bodies - and insisted on playing for their country - which really needs them.

I hope NZ wipe the floor with them and they scrap the idea.


Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:33 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
Figaro wrote:
I've always been ambivalent about the Lions but the callup of half the Wales squad takes the piss.

No doubt everyone will be calling it a "disaster" when Wales lose to Samoa because our tighthead options are an untried youngster and Rhodri Jones, and the remaining Locks in the squad average 1/3 of a cap each.

I don't blame Francis/Dacey/Hill/Davies for taking the chance they've been offered - it won't harm their career chances - but I'd be immensely proud if any of them who had refused to play for the Lions - to whom they are just extra bodies - and insisted on playing for their country - which really needs them.

I hope NZ wipe the floor with them and they scrap the idea.

It's their job and they will be well paid weather they play or not why on earth would the refuse to play? Thats crazy

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:32 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1072
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
Big And Dull wrote:
Figaro wrote:
I hope NZ wipe the floor with them and they scrap the idea.

It's their job and they will be well paid weather they play or not why on earth would the refuse to play?Pride and Loyalty Thats crazy Apparently it is


Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:45 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1072
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
double post


Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:46 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5892
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
eog wrote:
double post



Why double down?

it's not as if you are on a winner now is it?

:thefinger:


Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1072
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
eog wrote:
double post



Why double down?

it's not as if you are on a winner now is it?

:thefinger:


???


Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
eog wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
eog wrote:
double post



Why double down?

it's not as if you are on a winner now is it?

:thefinger:


???

You're talking rubbish????

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5892
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
Open the box!


Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: On a very steep hill
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Open the box!

you are Michael Miles and I claim my key
And boy am I showing my age by there

_________________
I'm politically correct, a social justice warrior, a Snowflake and a male feminist ......apparently
I'm also a dopey *bar steward* a childish fukkwit and a liar


Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 5892
Post Re: Lions coverage on BBC website
Big And Dull wrote:
LLanrumneyOik wrote:
Open the box!

you are Michael Miles and I claim my key
And boy am I showing my age by there



You got Box 13 :kermit:


Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: