It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
NZ Maori vrs Lions 
Regional Player

Post Re: NZ Maori vrs Lions
Big And Dull wrote:
wombles wrote:
Well now we shall see if Gatland is the Homer many of us expect him to be.
If he reverts to type we shall see halfpenny at fullback rather than Watson who could be much more potent and ambitious. JD is a 50/50 call, although again I think Joseph offers more of a threat. Warburton cannot overtake SOB has he is not the better player. North is impotent now, but to be fair no other wing has stepped up. But to quibble over backs selection is a little redundant as Howler is backs coach and could not organise a p up in a brewery let alone a back division that could offer any sort of threat.
AWJ is now at best a bench option, as Kruis and Itoje are the better choice, but IF Lawes is ok then he would offer far more impact......actually thinking about it Warbs should not even bench, Tuperic deserves that spot. George and Owens will offer a great rotation at hooker.
Bigger is definitely 3rd choice, Farrell has the form and Sexton has rapidly recovered his. Murray is the form 9, I just wish we had another option at 9 as Webb and definitely Laidlaw won't give us much.

Not looking forward to these tests at all, the ABs could make it painful viewing for us lot

Did the Welsh gym Master catch you giving a prefect a blow job behind the bike sheds and got you expelled when you were at boarding school? Your anti Welshness would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic

See Donnka, the above is a witty retort!! take notes from young big and dull here! much better!!

In response to your anti welshness! I am anti favourtism, anti ignoring of form, anti lack of ambition. The reason I highlight these players is because I believe there are better players in their positions, and that for some form does not merit inclusion. That is my perrogative and my right to make that assertation, it is yours to counteract it with a reasoned response in reply! Although as I have said above the opening sentence was rather good! :thumbup:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
wombles wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Old Wombles is a top knob and deluded with it. Smoking some strong stuff !!

:clap: SO rather than generating a reasoned arguement or accepting that others may hold a differing view to yourself, or even attempted a witty retort you exercised all that lovely grey matter you possess and went straight for the basic base insult! :thumbup:

A lot of us were thinking it to be honest mate. Halfpenny played well, to say otherwise just makes you look a bit daft.

I think you will find that I have never ever said 1/2penny did not play well. What I said is that he offers no attacking threat, and that to beat the ABs you have to have that element to your game, and that Farrell is able to manage the kicking duties, so I would pick a 15 that can take or make an attacking opportunity.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

wombles wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
wombles wrote:
Donkka wrote:

:clap: SO rather than generating a reasoned arguement or accepting that others may hold a differing view to yourself, or even attempted a witty retort you exercised all that lovely grey matter you possess and went straight for the basic base insult! :thumbup:

A lot of us were thinking it to be honest mate. Halfpenny played well, to say otherwise just makes you look a bit daft.

I think you will find that I have never ever said 1/2penny did not play well. What I said is that he offers no attacking threat, and that to beat the ABs you have to have that element to your game, and that Farrell is able to manage the kicking duties, so I would pick a 15 that can take or make an attacking opportunity.

He was safe as houses under the high ball, positionally spot on, kicked well from hand. The All Blacks will sniff out any defensive issue at full back in a heartbeat. Farrell may not play (I hope he does) and has already missed some easy kicks at goal. Halfpenny is the right choice.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:
wombles wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
wombles wrote:
Donkka wrote:

He was safe as houses under the high ball, positionally spot on, kicked well from hand. The All Blacks will sniff out any defensive issue at full back in a heartbeat. Farrell may not play (I hope he does) and has already missed some easy kicks at goal. Halfpenny is the right choice.

I do not agree with your assessment of halfpenny at all. However I believe Watson is secure under the high ball and kicks from hand well. Of course Halfpenny has the place kicking game, but Watson has the superior attacking threat which for me is the point of difference that may be important if a scoring chance presents itself.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

wombles wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
wombles wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
wombles wrote:
Donkka wrote:

I do not agree with your assessment of halfpenny at all. However I believe Watson is secure under the high ball and kicks from hand well. Of course Halfpenny has the place kicking game, but Watson has the superior attacking threat which for me is the point of difference that may be important if a scoring chance presents itself.

You're being silly now. Watson can't play wing and 15 at the same time and I know you can't beat the all blacks of you take to the field with 14 players

Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Your right Messy, that is why I would start with Watson at 15, L.Williams at 14 and Daly 11

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

wombles wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
wombles wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
wombles wrote:
Donkka wrote:

I do not disagree with your assessment of halfpenny at all. However I believe Watson is secure under the high ball and kicks from hand well. Of course Halfpenny has the place kicking game, but Watson has the superior attacking threat which for me is the point of difference that may be important if a scoring chance presents itself.

Corrected from the initial post

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

Donkka wrote:
Job done is all you can say about that. Maori were surprisingly shite considering the individual talent/calibre of their players but played like the scratch team they are.

Barnes bigging-up some of his favourite (english) players, Greenwood cumming because T'eo runs into people, Sir Ian and Ferris sucking lemons in the studio because Gatland 'demeaning the jersey' and Scotty Quinell just being Scotty Quinell. So business as usual from the worst commentary and analysis team in World sport.

Whilst the game was eminently forgettable it confirmed, with maybe one or two surprises, the test 23 for next week.

If you watched the NZ broadcast you would have had heard a surprisingly good commentary, da5e I suggest even unbiased. In general they were full of praise for the Lions play and game management - contrary to the opinion of many of the nationally orientated critics on this forum. I happened to see the UK Sky commentary later and honestly think you got a bit of a chip on the old shoulder but there you go. If it pisses you off so much turn it off and listen to the radio commetary.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

wombles wrote:
Your right Messy, that is why I would start with Watson at 15, L.Williams at 14 and Daly 11

Liam Williams is a terrific player, but you think he has done enough on tour to get selected over Halfpenny? You must be having a laugh.
If Liam absolutely tears it up v the Chiefs he could be in with a shout for the second test. Gats showed in Australia that he will use the squad in the tests.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

jak wrote:

If you watched the NZ broadcast you would have had heard a surprisingly good commentary, da5e I suggest even unbiased. In general they were full of praise for the Lions play and game management - contrary to the opinion of many of the nationally orientated critics on this forum. I happened to see the UK Sky commentary later and honestly think you got a bit of a chip on the old shoulder but there you go. If it pisses you off so much turn it off and listen to the radio commetary.

Don't know if detesting the Sky commentary and analysis entitles me to a chip on my shoulder but if that's what it takes then I'm guilty.

Oh, and for £92 per month I reckon I'm entitled to my opinion, if it differs from yours then I'm sorry...but it's still my opinion and I'm still entitled to have one.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
jak wrote:

Don't know if detesting the Sky commentary and analysis entitles me to a chip on my shoulder but if that's what it takes then I'm guilty.

Oh, and for £92 per month I reckon I'm entitled to my opinion, if it differs from yours then I'm sorry...but it's still my opinion and I'm still entitled to have one.

Jesus, save yourself the money and watch the gamea at a pub!

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:22 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Donkka wrote:
jak wrote:

Jesus, save yourself the money and watch the games at a pub!

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15