It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Warburton 
World XV Player

Post Re: Warburton
Mortils wrote:
mr messy wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
It is a bit like Australia, the moaning about Sam getting picked was unreal.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves anywhere outside Wales really.

the moaning about Oz revolved around him being picked while injured, to such an extent that he couldn't start until the 3rd game. and guess what, he's been made captain again, while recovering from an injury and the performances match.

the captain of the lions over saw an error strewn performance (ok everyone makes mistakes) and penalty riddle game (not acceptable and the captain should have made that clear).

maybe outside of wales they have different standards and expect their much lauded openside to have more of an impact on an open fast game than 5 tackles?

I agree! He doesn't get the credit he deserves outside Wales. To a certain extent he doesn't he get the credit he deserves from some in Wales.

Just interested in what you mean by ".. and the captain should have made that clear"? Do you think he didn't/wouldn't have made it clear?

They kept giving away silly penalties all through the game. I would have liked to have seen the captain laying down the law, enough is enough and fut these out. Maybe Warburton was going to have a word during an energy juice break in the gym next week?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

mr messy wrote:
Mortils wrote:
mr messy wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:
It is a bit like Australia, the moaning about Sam getting picked was unreal.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves anywhere outside Wales really.

the moaning about Oz revolved around him being picked while injured, to such an extent that he couldn't start until the 3rd game. and guess what, he's been made captain again, while recovering from an injury and the performances match.

the captain of the lions over saw an error strewn performance (ok everyone makes mistakes) and penalty riddle game (not acceptable and the captain should have made that clear).

maybe outside of wales they have different standards and expect their much lauded openside to have more of an impact on an open fast game than 5 tackles?

I agree! He doesn't get the credit he deserves outside Wales. To a certain extent he doesn't he get the credit he deserves from some in Wales.

Just interested in what you mean by ".. and the captain should have made that clear"? Do you think he didn't/wouldn't have made it clear?

They kept giving away silly penalties all through the game. I would have liked to have seen the captain laying down the law, enough is enough and fut these out. Maybe Warburton was going to have a word during an energy juice break in the gym next week?

Energy juice break!!haha .. that has tickled me.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... n-13177853

WOL take on Warburton if anyone is interested.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Warburton came into form 2nd half but he isn't a Capt.
Lions needed one in that match.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:27 pm
Mini Player

Tony Panties wrote:

Did you think AWJ, Best, Farrell, Haskel etc stepped up and showed any leadership today?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:29 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Langland Exile wrote:
tom21 wrote:
the lack of second rows in Wales is scary

Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris and Jake Ball? It'll be interesting to see how Rory Thornton, Adam Beard etx. do on this tour.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Mortils wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:

Did you think AWJ, Best, Farrell, Haskel etc stepped up and showed any leadership today?

I think that AWJ does try to lead from the front, this his 3rd game ... he was ok.

Best, is No 3 hooker, Farrell ... bring a guy on ... "...hey mate this is the kick to win the match". Imo Farrell is No1 pick. Haskell is one paced flanker, needs rain and and a slug fest. Stander isn't what he's cracked up to be. Seymour had a mare. Cole is a slug. Biggar showed some nice touches, took some big hits, ... his kick and reclaim doesn't work in this type of company. Joseph is defensively weak. We don't have class wingers other than North.

The first team is competitive, largely the rest are poor..... in this Hemp equivalent.

Only one tactic, get a shape and control the game and stiffle the opposition, ... problem is the opposition here are amorphous and dangerous.

Oh and a head Coach ... to think out of the box is to consider how quickly he can get the lid back on.

Sorry, I'm in a mood. ;)

Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:57 pm
Regional Player

It's a mess no doubt about it. I can only see a 3-0 whitewash.
Gats and Howler the definition of madness with limited game plans and limited ability which is reflected through the continued style and approach.

To stand a chance of winning would require ditching some of his favourites, allow the more talented players and leaders from the two form NH teams to take over and side line howley. Maybe put captains in place who have experienced winning a series in he SH and have recently won against the ABs rather than those that have not.

All pie in the sky thinking however, we all know what Gats will do, who is favourites are, and what will happen, picking on form and without bias is apparently alien to him

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:24 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

right, watched the 2nd half now and failed to see what warburton did to have in the test team next week?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Shouldnt have been picked captain for Wales or the Lions.... SOB should get the 7 shirt, as Warburton was very poor in his first outing and decidedly average in his next.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Blindside wrote:
Shouldnt have been picked captain for Wales or the Lions.... SOB should get the 7 shirt, as Warburton was very poor in his first outing and decidedly average in his next.

I agree, Form is quite clearly on SOB side, and it would take a dip to let in Warburton, there is now more than ample evidence both entering into the tour and on tour that by rights SOB is the better player. IF Gats ignores that and picks Warburton there can be no more arguments against him being biased as it will be proved outright!

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

oh *fupp* I cant be bothered, :twisted:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 pm
World XV Player

Not sure there's that much between Sam and SoB on this tour tbh?

Neither have put in an outstanding performance to keep the other one out of test spot discussion :scratch:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

It appears no doubt that that Sam's form is being more heavily scrutinised because he was picked as captain. This was predictable - he found form for Wales again having been released from the burden of captaincy. The competition for places in the back row was always going to be fearce. It's likely burdening him with the captaincy was a mistake albeit management are trying to take away some of that pressure by stating he will only be picked on merit.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:31 pm
Profile E-mail