It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Warburton 
Junior Player

Post Warburton
Seems a luxury to take someone on tour who is not fully fit. He keeps on saying he is getting there but the Lions tour is not meant to be for nursing a player back to fitness. Is he worth his place in a test match? Seems to be preparing himself for not being selected by continually referring to his lack of game time. Has not even shown up well for Cardiff Blues and certainly not for the Lions so far. Not doing well at the breakdown and hardly ever see him with ball in hand. Better players in the Lions squad who should not be left out just because he has been unwisely been picked as tour captain.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Warburton
Errrmmm :scratch:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 am
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

What a load of rubbish!!! ... fair play

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Prys#1 wrote:

That's got me head-scratching too mate!! After today, I'd have thought Warbs name is already on the first-test teamsheet, if it wasn't already!! Faletau too is showing a new energy after his time at Bath but Warbs? I'm surprised to see an adverse comment like this?

Bit of tough luck for you then, old chap. I really don't give a toss about your perceived sensibilities!!

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:57 am
World XV Player

I only saw the 1st half but based on that I thought warburton was anonymous by 1/2 time. had very little impact on the breakdown, got no-where near slowing their ball down or disrupting anything. he didn't carry, wasn't a lineout option and a bit like Haskell, way out his depth.

he must have had one hell of a second half to pencilled in for the 1st test,

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

Otto wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:

That's got me head-scratching too mate!! After today, I'd have thought Warbs name is already on the first-test teamsheet, if it wasn't already!! Faletau too is showing a new energy after his time at Bath but Warbs? I'm surprised to see an adverse comment like this?

Yeah, I agree. Warbs is in that test side on today's showing. He can still go up a level or two! The run out today will have gone a long way to sharpening him up.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:49 pm
Profile E-mail
REF

Warburton should not be anywhere near the first test, a lot better players on the tour and some not on the tour. Reputation over form seems to be in Garlands genetics.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm
Mini Player

Steve T wrote:
Warburton should not be anywhere near the first test, a lot better players on the tour and some not on the tour. Reputation over form seems to be in Garlands genetics.

Who are they then?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

According to the match stats warburton made 5 tackles

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Gatland's a NZer he likes a genuine 7 the 2 Irish boys are both 61/2's They are both good players just not what Gatland wants from a 7

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:12 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

It is a bit like Australia, the moaning about Sam getting picked was unreal.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves anywhere outside Wales really.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I still think Stander, Warburton and Faletau with O'Brien on the bench covering all three positions.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

tom21 wrote:
I still think Stander, Warburton and Faletau with O'Brien on the bench covering all three positions.

With only Faletau anywhere near good enough. I think SOB starts at 7.

The All Blacks will murder the Lions. I can see only Faletau and North in the starting 15, so it isn't the fault of too many welsh players.

AWJ just isn't good enough any more, the lack of second rows in Wales is scary

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:34 pm
World XV Player

Stockholm Blue wrote:

the moaning about Oz revolved around him being picked while injured, to such an extent that he couldn't start until the 3rd game. and guess what, he's been made captain again, while recovering from an injury and the performances match.

the captain of the lions over saw an error strewn performance (ok everyone makes mistakes) and penalty riddle game (not acceptable and the captain should have made that clear).

maybe outside of wales they have different standards and expect their much lauded openside to have more of an impact on an open fast game than 5 tackles?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

mr messy wrote:
Stockholm Blue wrote:

the moaning about Oz revolved around him being picked while injured, to such an extent that he couldn't start until the 3rd game. and guess what, he's been made captain again, while recovering from an injury and the performances match.

the captain of the lions over saw an error strewn performance (ok everyone makes mistakes) and penalty riddle game (not acceptable and the captain should have made that clear).

maybe outside of wales they have different standards and expect their much lauded openside to have more of an impact on an open fast game than 5 tackles?

I agree! He doesn't get the credit he deserves outside Wales. To a certain extent he doesn't he get the credit he deserves from some in Wales.

Just interested in what you mean by ".. and the captain should have made that clear"? Do you think he didn't/wouldn't have made it clear?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:05 pm
Profile E-mail