It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:39 am

Hogg 
Junior Player

Post Re: Hogg
Bouch wrote:
Prys#1 wrote:
:lol:

Have pity, Jill is only around 18 and can't remember Halfpenny being one of the key players that destroyed Australia when the Lions last toured.

Alas Bouch the only reason 18 is significant to me is that it's the age of the ladies I chase, being a knackered only twat these days though they usually have the speed to get away.

I remember very well young Schwarzeneger making his breakthrough. He was a very exciting, direct runner in what was a Welsh backline with dangerous runners throughout.
Interesting you mention the Aus tour, probably Lee at his peak, unfortunately for Wales though both Lee and the Welsh backline in general have really deteriorated. When was the last time Halfpenny scored a try in a Welsh shirt?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Who or what is Lee?

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Hilljills wrote:
Bouch wrote:

Have pity, Jill is only around 18 and can't remember Halfpenny being one of the key players that destroyed Australia when the Lions last toured.

Alas Bouch the only reason 18 is significant to me is that it's the age of the ladies I chase, being a knackered only twat these days though they usually have the speed to get away.

Interesting you mention the Aus tour, probably Lee at his peak, unfortunately for Wales though both Lee and the Welsh backline in general have really deteriorated. When was the last time Halfpenny scored a try in a Welsh shirt?

You want Halfpenny to leave the kicking to someone else and only run? Well, perhaps not.

Here are some of his stats when he was fit to play for Wales :-

12/11/2016 - Argentina - 14 points
19/11/2016 - Japan - 15 points
26/11/2016 - South Africa - 17 points
05/02/2017 - Italy - 18 points
11/02/2017 - England - 11 points
25/02/2017 - Scotland - 8 points
10/03/2017 - Ireland - 7 points
18/03/2017 - France - 18 points

He makes a useful contribution to Wales' points tally. So does Biggar in Leigh's absence.

The English want Farrell on the field for the Lions - and quite right too.

Hogg's injury is heart breaking for the Scot. I'm sure he'll be missed.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 pm
Regional Player

Really sorry for Hoggy. The guy is class but as been said his defence is suspect.
Liam Williams in is another X factor player (not quite as good as Hogg) but has not set the tour on fire.

Halfpenny (Lee or Leigh, everyone loves a pedant) has been a quality player but when it comes to the Lions would only be picked on his goalkicking these days. What he did last season or the season before is irrelevant.
Given the fact that Farrell is nailed on to play and therefore No1 place kicker 1/2p will only get his starting place as a backup kicker.

I suspect that Gatland will go with Sexton at 10 , Farrell at 12 and Teo/Davis at 13. Therefore 2 kickers already selected and still the possibility of Daley on the wing, yet another kicking option.

The best 15 I have seen on tour this year has been Watson when he came on as a substitute for Hogg.

No way you can justify Halfpenny in the team at this time. Still a few games to go though !!

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:29 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

macsporran wrote:
Really sorry for Hoggy. The guy is class but as been said his defence is suspect.
Liam Williams in is another X factor player (not quite as good as Hogg) but has not set the tour on fire.

Halfpenny (Lee or Leigh, everyone loves a pedant) has been a quality player but when it comes to the Lions would only be picked on his goalkicking these days. What he did last season or the season before is irrelevant.
Given the fact that Farrell is nailed on to play and therefore No1 place kicker 1/2p will only get his starting place as a backup kicker.

I suspect that Gatland will go with Sexton at 10 , Farrell at 12 and Teo/Davis at 13. Therefore 2 kickers already selected and still the possibility of Daley on the wing, yet another kicking option.

The best 15 I have seen on tour this year has been Watson when he came on as a substitute for Hogg.

No way you can justify Halfpenny in the team at this time. Still a few games to go though !!

MacSpurrious, you miss the point about spelling names correctly. Most of us on here think it's relatively important to be accurate when naming players who are doing something we'd give our right arms for - once we'd retired, of course.

:D

4 different newspapers I looked at lauded Watson to the heavens.

He's certainly a contender as a back 3 now Hogg's injured himself.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:45 am
Club Player

As has been said...you're only as good as your last game and Hogg has been rubbish on this tour irrespective of what he's done before.

He won't be missed as although there is no doubt has the X factor in attack he is utter shite defensibly which is a major drawback for a FB. While I feel sorry for the guy he has not lived up to his billing and I feel he would have been a major liability against NZ. Gatland and the Lions have dodged a bullet there.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:29 am
Profile E-mail