It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Highlander's vrs the Lions 
World XV Player

Post Highlander's vrs the Lions
Quote:
Great win gets tour back on track
Hansen included five Highlanders in the All Blacks yesterday and then allowed two of them — winger Waisake Naholo and first five-eighth Lima Sopoaga — to play next week, as they need match practice.

He has also allowed hooker Liam Coltman — who was included as injury cover for the squad — to play. The southern franchise will have bruising centre Malakai Fekitoa in its line-up after the Tongan was not picked for the All Blacks and was not named as an injury back-up. But the Highlanders will still be without three All Blacks — Ben Smith, Aaron Smith, and Liam Squire, who is injured anyway, and their five Maori All Blacks — locks Joe Wheeler and Tom Franklin, hooker Ash Dixon, loose forward Elliot Dixon and midfield back Rob Thompson.

From nz herald before I get crucified
Didn't realize the Maori were excluded damn, that's a lot of the top line up out, 8.
Still will be a good game second row will be the biggest loss with their two lock out.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:05 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Post Re: Highlander's vrs the Lions
Quote:
1. Daniel Lienert-Brown

2. Liam Coltman

3. Siate Tokolahi

4. Alex Ainley

5. Jackson Hemopo

6. Gareth Evans

7. Dillon Hunt

8. Luke Whitelock (C)

9. Kayne Hammington

10. Lima Sopoaga

11. Tevita Li

12. Teihorangi Walden

13. Malakai Fekitoa

14. Waisake Naholo

15. Richard Buckman

Reserves

16. Greg Pleasants-Tate

17. Aki Seiuli

18. Siosuia Halanukonuka

19. Josh Dickson

20. Jimmy Lentjes

21. Josh Renton

22. Marty Banks

23. Patrick Osborne

Unavailable due to injury: Liam Squire, Matt Faddes

Bloody Faddes out too, damn

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:11 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Big ask for the Highlanders with so many players out. I think the Lions will take it by 13+.

Oh and the Highlanders coach Tony Brown is also away for the game - he's in Japan helping Joseph.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:27 am
World XV Player

Four More Years wrote:
Big ask for the Highlanders with so many players out. I think the Lions will take it by 13+.

Oh and the Highlanders coach Tony Brown is also away for the game - he's in Japan helping Joseph.

The *Bar steward*, shows his emphasis on the game, Hammett the coach lol

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:59 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

For the non kiwis and super team followers.
There are 8 starters out.
Saying that we have had injuries all year.

We don't have great depth at lock, so this will be a hard day at the office. We have a bunch of nobodies at prop, but we match everyone.
Highlander's play regardly hard normally, So hope with the top fowards out they can do this.

Good backline, especially outside, but Aaron Smith is the spark, so he will be missed.

On paper they are not as good as Blues, but they have looked the worst team in NZ for a while, but always punch about their weight.

The Highlander's seems to be the franchise that gets the players nobody else wants, but the come together well.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:11 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

15. Jared Payne
14. Jack Nowell
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Tommy Seymour
10. Dan Biggar
9. Rhys Webb
8. CJ Stander
7. Sam Warburton (C)
6. James Haskell
5. Iain Henderson
4. Courtney Lawes
3. Kyle Sinckler
2. Rory Best
1. Joe Marler

Reserves

16. Ken Owens
17. Jack McGrath
18. Dan Cole
19. Alun Wyn Jones
20. Justin Tipuric
21. Greig Laidlaw
22. Owen Farrell
23. Elliot Daly

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:19 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I take it back. I thought the team against the blues would be the weakest pack the lions put out on your, but it beats this one.

Back line is also weaker.

This team has individuals playing for the test side and not even combinations. Could be a disaster but don't know the strength of the highlanders

Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:56 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Forrealz wrote:
15. Jared Payne
14. Jack Nowell
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Tommy Seymour
10. Dan Biggar
9. Rhys Webb
8. CJ Stander
7. Sam Warburton (C)
6. James Haskell
5. Iain Henderson
4. Courtney Lawes
3. Kyle Sinckler
2. Rory Best
1. Joe Marler

Réservé

16. Ken Owens
17. Jack McGrath
18. Dan Cole
19. Alun Wyn Jones
20. Justin Tipuric
21. Greig Laidlaw
22. Owen Farrell
23. Elliot Daly

Ugh,but understandable ....shape the test team and create midweekers ambiance, bench keeps prime team players match fit too. Warbs needs a big game.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:48 am
Club Player

Underwhelming was my first thought on seeing the team. 10 to 15 does most definitely not inspire confidence and the whole thing even this early, with one or two exceptions, has a 'dirt tracker' feel about it.

Bench is decent though, just in case they're needed.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Tony Panties wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Ugh,but understandable ....shape the test team and create midweekers ambiance, bench keeps prime team players match fit too. Warbs needs a big game.

Warburton will struggle with Stander and Haskell along side him so don't hold much for a good performance, but knowing Warbs he will give it allbut unity in the BR will be difficult.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:44 pm
World XV Player

I can't see the Highlanders winning but will be pleasantly surprised if they do.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:15 pm
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Warburton will struggle with Stander and Haskell along side him so don't hold much for a good performance, but knowing Warbs he will give it allbut unity in the BR will be difficult.

getting your excuses in early - tipuric was one of the stand out players against the blues in that same back row & similar pack. :D

Leigh Halfpenny; Jack Nowell, Jared Payne, Robbie Henshaw, Elliot Daly; Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Jack McGrath, Ken Owens (captain),Dan Cole, Maro Itoje, Courtney Lawes, James Haskell, Justin Tipuric, CJ Stander.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:18 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

mr messy wrote:
Dai Yorkshire wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

getting your excuses in early - tipuric was one of the stand out players against the blues in that same back row & similar pack. :D

Leigh Halfpenny; Jack Nowell, Jared Payne, Robbie Henshaw, Elliot Daly; Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Jack McGrath, Ken Owens (captain),Dan Cole, Maro Itoje, Courtney Lawes, James Haskell, Justin Tipuric, CJ Stander.

:D Tipric Warburton for many is a matter of choice,/preference, I wont bore you with what I think as you already know, If Tipric plays in the tests It will be because of injuries.
Excuses early, not at all Stander is a very good player Haskell is a robust 6............ but :D

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:12 pm
World XV Player

I would have thought that Moriarty should have been given a run out?
Maybe next Saturday?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:56 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

https://www.lionsrugby.com/preview/preview-highlanders-v-british-irish-lions/

Dunedin will be rocking. The Highlanders were handy against the Crusaders.

I'm not impressed with this :-

Unavailable due to injury: Liam Squire, Matt Faddes

Unavailable due to All Blacks selection: Ben Smith, Aaron Smith

Unavailable due to NZ Maori selection: Elliot Dixon, Ash Dixon, Joe Wheeler, Rob Thompson, Tom Franklin

Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next