It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:19 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
england v argentina 
Author Message
REF
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:01 pm
Posts: 8313
Location: here...
Post Re: england v argentina
Brilliant game, and a great win for us!

Defence needs some work, and the Argies have certainly come on, nice to see them being open and attacking, shows how they've developed from being in the SH Championship.

_________________
"And so castles made of sand fall in the sea, eventually"


Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:59 pm
Profile
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 614
Post Re: england v argentina
Well done lads today 35-25 win! No mean feet going to Argentina shorn of 30 players and missing one of our core coaches in Borthwick, but the lads stepped up not once but twice! We have some ridiculous talent developing, a strength in depth not before seen, and a infrastructure to conveyor belt talent year after year towards the first XV!

2-0 tour victory! Just as Eddie stated!!! 20 wins in 21 tests! and it looks like this is just the very beginning! Next (big) step is to tackle, regularly defeat and displace the ABs!!! :shock: But for the first time i feel we may well be on our way to doing it! :occasion5:


Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 pm
Posts: 66
Post Re: england v argentina
I think that it is fair to say that the English system is now producing 2/3 international class players for every position which obviously is a fair old advantage to have especially in the new shortened 6 nations format .
What England still seem to have trouble with is flair players. They only seem to produce a few and then don't seem to trust them. The old physical , well coached approach has been reasonably successful but I just cannot see England taking on and beating the AB's on a regular basis until they offer that little more.
At the risk of being slaughtered on here NH rugby needs a strong England but with the mindset that comes with the RFU and the set up across the bridge I cannot see them being anything other than a decent team with the occasional cycle of succe before being dragged back into the pack .


Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:08 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 286
Post Re: england v argentina
wombles wrote:
Well done lads today 35-25 win! No mean feet going to Argentina shorn of 30 players and missing one of our core coaches in Borthwick, but the lads stepped up not once but twice! We have some ridiculous talent developing, a strength in depth not before seen, and a infrastructure to conveyor belt talent year after year towards the first XV!

2-0 tour victory! Just as Eddie stated!!! 20 wins in 21 tests! and it looks like this is just the very beginning! Next (big) step is to tackle, regularly defeat and displace the ABs!!! :shock: But for the first time i feel we may well be on our way to doing it! :occasion5:


If Argentina had a half-decent kicker you'd have lost.

Try playing that loose, unstructured game regularly and you'll get hammered plus it's the usual English swans, lauded to the heavens by the Nigels, who inevitably turn out to be geese e.g. a certain Jack Nowell to name just one.

Take off the rose coloured glasses FFS.


Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2219
Post Re: england v argentina
Donkka wrote:
wombles wrote:
Well done lads today 35-25 win! No mean feet going to Argentina shorn of 30 players and missing one of our core coaches in Borthwick, but the lads stepped up not once but twice! We have some ridiculous talent developing, a strength in depth not before seen, and a infrastructure to conveyor belt talent year after year towards the first XV!

2-0 tour victory! Just as Eddie stated!!! 20 wins in 21 tests! and it looks like this is just the very beginning! Next (big) step is to tackle, regularly defeat and displace the ABs!!! :shock: But for the first time i feel we may well be on our way to doing it! :occasion5:


If Argentina had a half-decent kicker you'd have lost.

Try playing that loose, unstructured game regularly and you'll get hammered plus it's the usual English swans, lauded to the heavens by the Nigels, who inevitably turn out to be geese e.g. a certain Jack Nowell to name just one.

Take off the rose coloured glasses FFS.


IF IF IF. 20 wins from 21, says it all. If England are geese then Wales are Goslings.

_________________
Image


Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:27 am
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 286
Post Re: england v argentina
Oh Jesus, cut to the quick by that witty remark.


Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2219
Post Re: england v argentina
Donkka wrote:
Oh Jesus, cut to the quick by that witty remark.


Tosser

_________________
Image


Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:41 pm
Posts: 254
Post Re: england v argentina
Nice mix of new and experience in the team.
  • Robshaw was immense - a lot of turnovers.
  • Even Brown had his moments. Nice support running by Francis off Brown run.
Not all good
  • Yarde though makes me nervous.
  • Slade dropped a lot of ball.

The newcomers
  • Williams was good despite being under pressure.
  • Ewels had a good game too.
  • Francis

The game again had an exhibition feel about it so I am not sure how well it augurs for the future.
Argentina have some exciting backs and their scrums were stronger.


Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:16 pm
Posts: 286
Post Re: england v argentina
Troron wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Oh Jesus, cut to the quick by that witty remark.


Tosser


Your excruciating wit and repartee are definitely on a par with your rugby knowlege...dickhead. :shock:


Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:03 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2219
Post Re: england v argentina
Donkka wrote:
Troron wrote:
Donkka wrote:
Oh Jesus, cut to the quick by that witty remark.


Tosser


Your excruciating wit and repartee are definitely on a par with your rugby knowlege...dickhead. :shock:


Says the guy that has called the most successful NH team of the last few years "geese". You're clearly just another nationalistic dickhead, blocked.

Just to round it off, if Argentina had kicked all their points they still would have lost so you couldn't even get that right.

_________________
Image


Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: spinbreath, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: