It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Lions Ratings 
World XV Player

Post Re: Lions Ratings
awaywardlad wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:
I would suggest that Cole and Hartley are yesterdays men but
I think Marler may hang on in there for a couple of years.

Was George that dominant? Or is time just up for Hartley?

Time up I think

Even though a kiwi boy, not a fan because of his behaviour at times, but you have to admire the kids/men and families that follow their kids dream.. From a fifteen year old Rotorua boy to a English captain. :thumbup:

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:09 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Hartley has done well and the Captaincy suited him.
Will he continue starting? Possibly, but when you look at the players pushing then it is only a matter of time. Players like George, Tommy Taylor, Luke Cowen-Dickie and young Harry Thacker are capable of making a big impact on the international stage. One thing for sure is that Hartley will leave the 2 shirt in a better place, and it will be up to the young guns to pick it up and do the same.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am
Profile E-mail
Schools District Player

Forrealz wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
awaywardlad wrote:
I would suggest that Cole and Hartley are yesterdays men but
I think Marler may hang on in there for a couple of years.

Was George that dominant? Or is time just up for Hartley?

Time up I think

Even though a kiwi boy, not a fan because of his behaviour at times, but you have to admire the kids/men and families that follow their kids dream.. From a fifteen year old Rotorua boy to a English captain. :thumbup:

Not sure that we are in a position to criticise England as a fair few non Welsh players have donned the red shirt over the years including some we were not even entitled to do so.
No fan of Hartley but he was qualified and it did seem to mean something to him.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

Totally agree with majorblue

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

majorblue wrote:

Not sure that we are in a position to criticise England as a fair few non-Welsh players have donned the red shirt over the years including some we were not even entitled to do so.

Non-Welsh players?

Name me a dozen without the two liars who claimed to be granny qualified?

:dontknow:

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:07 pm
World XV Player

To help you out, I'll name a couple of people born outside Wales who've opted to play for us.

Tangaki Taulupe (Toby) Tangaki Taulupe (Toby) became the first Pacific Islander to play for Wales in 2011 against the Barbarians.

Toby moved to Wales aged seven when his father, 17-times capped Tongan international lock Kuli Faletau, joined Ebbw Vale.

Toby made a big impression for Wales U20 in 2010 and has since graduated to the senior side where he has been a regular for Wales. He toured Australia with the British & Irish Lions in the summer, playing in the series clinching final Test in Sydney.

65 caps so far and a Lions batch as well.

Giraffe - Luke Charteris - Luke played for Wales at Under 19 and 21 levels and graduated through the Newport youth system and made his international debut against South Africa as a replacement at the Millennium Stadium in November 2004.

He had to wait until 2009 to play a part in the RBS 6 Nations match, starting against Scotland and he went onto feature in all seven of Wales’ games in the Rugby World Cup in 2011.

The second-row was part of the Grand Slam winning Wales side that took the RBS 6 Nations title in 2012.

Luke has 78 caps and was born in Camborne, Cornwall - or South Wales as it used to be called.

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:19 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Jonathan Davies (both parents Welsh), George North and Dan Lydiate (English father, Welsh mother in both cases), Aaron Shingler (half-English, half-Scot) and Hallam Amos (not sure of ancestry) were born in England but raised in Wales. Alex Cuthbert is from Gloucestershire but qualifies through his Wrexham-born mother. Tomas Francis is from York but qualifies through his gran. Gareth Anscombe is Kiwi but qualifies through his Cardiff-born mother. Nevertheless, all these still have closer links to Wales than the following do to the country with by far the world's largest homegrown player base, aka England: Manu Tuilagi (Samoan), Vunipolas (Tongans raised in Gwent), Semesa Rokoduguni and Nathan Hughes (Fijians), Ben Te'o and Denny Solomona (Kiwis with partial Samoan ancestry), Don Armand (Australian), Mouritz Botha (South African who seems to have been discarded by the national team)...

Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Bouch wrote:
majorblue wrote:

Not sure that we are in a position to criticise England as a fair few non-Welsh players have donned the red shirt over the years including some we were not even entitled to do so.

Non-Welsh players?

Name me a dozen without the two liars who claimed to be granny qualified?

:dontknow:

Oh come in 'Shane Who'? ,, Or the fellah from down South, married a local gal and became Welsh by right?

Trepidatious toes paddle in quagmires of legalism.

What count's is what is in the Heart.

Hence why Taulupe sydd Seren o Gymru!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11