It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5514
Post France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39488240
Did France cheat? And if so, what sort of sanctions will be applied? :D


Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 88061
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
I think the solution is quite simple.

If a penalty is awarded after 80 minute there are 2 options:

1. Kick at goal
2. tap and go

simples.

_________________
Be a Snowflake. Winter is coming.


Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5514
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
Fids the Blindside wrote:
I think the solution is quite simple.

If a penalty is awarded after 80 minute there are 2 options:

1. Kick at goal
2. tap and go

simples.

I'm not referring to the rules of the game itself. I'm referring to the rules regarding the replacement of the France prop.


Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:50 pm
Posts: 88061
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
Implement my idea and you havn't got too :D

_________________
Be a Snowflake. Winter is coming.


Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5514
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
Fids the Blindside wrote:
Implement my idea and you haven't got too :D

Oh! I see what you are saying, there shouldn't have been more scrums.
However, I'm more interest in the historical fact of our last game against France.


Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:27 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4394
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
Much too late for all this now. Let it go.

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5514
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
soap wrote:
Much too late for all this now. Let it go.

Not true, the matter is still under review.


Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4394
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
Much too late for all this now. Let it go.

Not true, the matter is still under review.


What good will it do us? If they are fined we will get nothing if they are banned for a month we get nothing, and they are not going to change the result, the bookies have paid out and the books have been written.

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:07 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59714
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
Yes, this isn't the LPGA tour :D

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 am
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5514
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
soap wrote:
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
Much too late for all this now. Let it go.

Not true, the matter is still under review.


What good will it do us? If they are fined we will get nothing if they are banned for a month we get nothing, and they are not going to change the result, the bookies have paid out and the books have been written.

Here again I'm not so sure.
In the last RWC England never made the quarters because Wales slipped down the rankings and then knocked out England.
The IRB is not going to want a skewed ranking at the RWC because a country has cheated.
As it is now Wales will be grouped with New Zealand and probably Argentine. Only two of those can go through. The IRB may want that reviewed. Obviously only if France had cheated.
We are currently 8th, had we won against France we would now be 5th, this is quite a big change in the seeding for the RWC.


Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:11 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:57 am
Posts: 2846
Location: Barry
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
Much too late for all this now. Let it go.

Not true, the matter is still under review.


What good will it do us? If they are fined we will get nothing if they are banned for a month we get nothing, and they are not going to change the result, the bookies have paid out and the books have been written.

Here again I'm not so sure.
In the last RWC England never made the quarters because Wales slipped down the rankings and then knocked out England.
The IRB is not going to want a skewed ranking at the RWC because a country has cheated.
As it is now Wales will be grouped with New Zealand and probably Argentine. Only two of those can go through. The IRB may want that reviewed. Obviously only if France had cheated.
We are currently 8th, had we won against France we would now be 5th, this is quite a big change in the seeding for the RWC.


I though the groupings were random? So if there are 5 groups, then any one of top 5 go into any one of Group A..Group E
Then any one of the next 5 ranked teams go into any one of the groups A-E etc?

So we wont necessarily be put in NZ group

_________________
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Albert Einstein


Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile YIM
Regional Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:07 pm
Posts: 560
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
Much too late for all this now. Let it go.

Not true, the matter is still under review.


What good will it do us? If they are fined we will get nothing if they are banned for a month we get nothing, and they are not going to change the result, the bookies have paid out and the books have been written.

Here again I'm not so sure.
In the last RWC England never made the quarters because Wales slipped down the rankings and then knocked out England.
The IRB is not going to want a skewed ranking at the RWC because a country has cheated.
As it is now Wales will be grouped with New Zealand and probably Argentine. Only two of those can go through. The IRB may want that reviewed. Obviously only if France had cheated.
We are currently 8th, had we won against France we would now be 5th, this is quite a big change in the seeding for the RWC.


But it would suit World Rugby/IRB if Argentina got out of their group because Argentina are World Rugby's only evidence that they've grown the game in the last 60 years.


Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:25 pm
Posts: 339
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
MattGaff wrote:
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
Much too late for all this now. Let it go.

Not true, the matter is still under review.


What good will it do us? If they are fined we will get nothing if they are banned for a month we get nothing, and they are not going to change the result, the bookies have paid out and the books have been written.

Here again I'm not so sure.
In the last RWC England never made the quarters because Wales slipped down the rankings and then knocked out England.
The IRB is not going to want a skewed ranking at the RWC because a country has cheated.
As it is now Wales will be grouped with New Zealand and probably Argentine. Only two of those can go through. The IRB may want that reviewed. Obviously only if France had cheated.
We are currently 8th, had we won against France we would now be 5th, this is quite a big change in the seeding for the RWC.


I though the groupings were random? So if there are 5 groups, then any one of top 5 go into any one of Group A..Group E
Then any one of the next 5 ranked teams go into any one of the groups A-E etc?

So we wont necessarily be put in NZ group


Yes, you are absolutely correct; BigRed is incorrect. Whether a team comes 5th or 8th doesn't matter for the WC draw as it's within the same 4 team bracket. Each group will contain one (randomly selected) team ranked 1st-4th, 1 from 5th-8th, 1 from 9th-12th, etc. etc.

We have a 1 in 4 chance of being in the same group as New Zealand, which is the same as any other team in the competition (except Ireland, England and Australia, who are the other top 4 sides, and are thus guaranteed not to be in the same group as NZ).

The game against France was important because *if* we beat them *and* England beat Ireland, we would have gone up to 4th, meaning we would have been a top seed. As it turned out Ireland beat England anyway so it didn't matter that we lost to France.

The result may have affected France though - I think if they'd lost they might have ended up 9th (and Argentina would have been in the 5-8th bracket). If they retroactively decide that France forfeited the game it might still effect France's group at the WC but would have no effect on our likelihood of meeting NZ.


Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5514
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
Figaro wrote:
MattGaff wrote:
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
BigRed wrote:
soap wrote:
Much too late for all this now. Let it go.

Not true, the matter is still under review.


What good will it do us? If they are fined we will get nothing if they are banned for a month we get nothing, and they are not going to change the result, the bookies have paid out and the books have been written.

Here again I'm not so sure.
In the last RWC England never made the quarters because Wales slipped down the rankings and then knocked out England.
The IRB is not going to want a skewed ranking at the RWC because a country has cheated.
As it is now Wales will be grouped with New Zealand and probably Argentine. Only two of those can go through. The IRB may want that reviewed. Obviously only if France had cheated.
We are currently 8th, had we won against France we would now be 5th, this is quite a big change in the seeding for the RWC.


I though the groupings were random? So if there are 5 groups, then any one of top 5 go into any one of Group A..Group E
Then any one of the next 5 ranked teams go into any one of the groups A-E etc?

So we wont necessarily be put in NZ group


Yes, you are absolutely correct; BigRed is incorrect. Whether a team comes 5th or 8th doesn't matter for the WC draw as it's within the same 4 team bracket. Each group will contain one (randomly selected) team ranked 1st-4th, 1 from 5th-8th, 1 from 9th-12th, etc. etc.

We have a 1 in 4 chance of being in the same group as New Zealand, which is the same as any other team in the competition (except Ireland, England and Australia, who are the other top 4 sides, and are thus guaranteed not to be in the same group as NZ).

The game against France was important because *if* we beat them *and* England beat Ireland, we would have gone up to 4th, meaning we would have been a top seed. As it turned out Ireland beat England anyway so it didn't matter that we lost to France.

The result may have affected France though - I think if they'd lost they might have ended up 9th (and Argentina would have been in the 5-8th bracket). If they retroactively decide that France forfeited the game it might still effect France's group at the WC but would have no effect on our likelihood of meeting NZ.

Thank you for clarifying that. I thought it was all by seeding throughout.
Well, as you say, it then really makes no difference.
So is 5 to 8 chosen by a random draw? Or just thrown into a computer and out it jumps into the various groups?
Or how is the random selection made?


Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:13 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:50 am
Posts: 5514
Post Re: France replacement v Wales to be reviewed further
PS. If the random draw is made by a computer, can I do the programing? :D


Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: albut, Haruki and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: