It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Lions tour Itinerary, good team to win all these 
World XV Player

Post Re: Lions tour Itinerary, good team to win all these
Forrealz wrote:
Never heard of Lions tour down here being a circus..

But hopefully good rugby and more competitive than other recent tours, 77 and 81 last real hard tours.

Could be a circus and Lions dont live up to it and are shit.

I think you will find that the interest level here is not very high. and it is stupid to put together a team of players that don't know each other that well and expect them to function effectively in the pro era against the best players/teams in the world. ;)

Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:53 am
World XV Player

Why would the USA be excited with a Lions Tour in the offing?

:dontknow:

Is the Hiraeth bad this year?

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:52 am
World XV Player

The last Lions tour for me was 20 years ago when McGeechan and Telfer took Martin Johnson, Scott Gibbs, Neil Jenkins and a few others to the then World Champions in South Africa completely written off but pulled off a series win.

I still maintain the second test was the best International I have seen, I watched the last 10 minutes on my knees in front of the telly, hands held in prayer to the rugby Gods who smiled on the righteous that day.

Its been farce after farce since.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:45 am
International Player

Forrealz wrote:

But hopefully good rugby and more competitive than other recent tours, 77 and 81 last real hard tours.

The I'm not sure what your definition of "shit" is nevertheless the Lions usually lose test series.

The 77 Lions lost their test matches 4 to 1. Three loses against the All Blacks and one against Fiji. The 83 Lions lost all 4 tests to the All Blacks.
It's a circus and regardless of results the next tour is already in the pipeline. They're driven by money, a denial that the rugby world has changed and moved on and a delusion that the geopolitics of the British Empire still have any relevance.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:53 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

The I'm not sure what your definition of "shit" is nevertheless the Lions usually lose test series.

The 77 Lions lost their test matches 4 to 1. Three loses against the All Blacks and one against Fiji. The 83 Lions lost all 4 tests to the All Blacks.
It's a circus and regardless of results the next tour is already in the pipeline. They're driven by money, a denial that the rugby world has changed and moved on and a delusion that the geopolitics of the British Empire still have any relevance.

Not sure the geopolitics has anything to do with it, it's all about money.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:21 pm
World XV Player

Sorry I meant 77 and 71 tours with 71 being most successful down here losing one game in NZ.
77 don't know what happened in Fiji but the 3-1 sea rise win to the Lions, was the first series I remember, But do remember it being very competitive. The rest have been one sided since then. 2005 was hyped to be a bit closer than what it was, playing one of better NZ teams mind you.

As a rugby supporter Lions series are up there in a country like ours. Lol, doesn't seem like that for you guys. Maybe the NZRU are thinking $$, but most of us are thinking about a good series against a good team, and hoping we will win.

Spose if the Wales team is touring to Namibia or where ever, that will be awesome too.

I'm looking forward to first scrum, first driving mauls etc etc in a Lions nz game.

We hear a bit how the forwards from up north will muscle maul and scrum the shit out of us, I wanna see it.

Scuse my English/spelling/gramma and foul language

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Cotton, Price

Phil Bennet, the great Andy Irvine, JJ Williams, was it Beaven

But these guys in NZ would become house hold names.

Playing against our Williams Going Batty, and Billy Bush

I was 10 and the first real rugby craze I remember

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Batty don't have such a good name over here as Beven.

Not sure why?

A cheat probably.

Cracking try though :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGLn5UF3SxU

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:00 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Forrealz wrote:
Sorry I meant 77 and 71 tours with 71 being most successful down here losing one game in NZ. Ancient history, events of nearly half a century ago
77 don't know what happened in Fiji I told you Fiji won look it up if you doubt it. but the 3-1 sea rise win to the Lions, was the first series I remember, But do remember it being very competitive. The rest have been one sided since then. 2005 was hyped well what do you expect given that the tours count for bugger all in world rankings and therefore RWC seedings why to be a bit closer than what it was, playing one of better NZ teams mind you.

As a rugby supporter maybe as a rugby supporter you'd like to see a combined Aus and New Zealand touring side come up here half way through the RWC cycle.Lions series are up there in a country like ours. oh course you are nobody else tours your country does it Lol, doesn't seem like that for you guys. Maybe the NZRU are thinking $$, heavens to Betsy surely not but most of us are thinking about a good series against a good team, and hoping we will win.

Spose if the Wales team is touring to Namibia or where ever, that will be awesome too. Well I don't know about awesome but it would be better for the development of our national team than what's heading your way this summer/winter.

I'm looking forward to first scrum, first driving mauls etc etc in a Lions nz game.

We hear a bit how the forwards from up north will muscle maul and scrum the shit out of us, I wanna see it. Lions, strong men - get ready for the circus PS if you see any Lions supporters waving Union Jacks they're the clowns

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Langland Exile wrote:
eog wrote:
Forrealz wrote:

Not sure the geopolitics has anything to do with it, it's all about money.

It's the British Empire part that's is still important. Those arguing for Brexit were invariably stating with confidence that the ex colonies would stick by and and favour us with generous trade deals. Bizarre but true.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Junior Player

it was the way the lions wanted it as I believe they said that because there only games that were semi competative on the aussie tour before test 1 were the reds and the warratahs (all without their "test players") they felt like they were goin in underdone....

saying that... this tour is going to be epic... especially if the Kiwi's stick to their word and allow all the potential test players to trot out for their super rugby clubs pre test 1.....

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

eog wrote:
Forrealz wrote:
Sorry I meant 77 and 71 tours with 71 being most successful down here losing one game in NZ. Ancient history, events of nearly half a century ago
77 don't know what happened in Fiji I told you Fiji won look it up if you doubt it. but the 3-1 sea rise win to the Lions, was the first series I remember, But do remember it being very competitive. The rest have been one sided since then. 2005 was hyped well what do you expect given that the tours count for bugger all in world rankings and therefore RWC seedings why to be a bit closer than what it was, playing one of better NZ teams mind you.

As a rugby supporter maybe as a rugby supporter you'd like to see a combined Aus and New Zealand touring side come up here half way through the RWC cycle.Lions series are up there in a country like ours. oh course you are nobody else tours your country does it Lol, doesn't seem like that for you guys. Maybe the NZRU are thinking $$, heavens to Betsy surely not but most of us are thinking about a good series against a good team, and hoping we will win.

Spose if the Wales team is touring to Namibia or where ever, that will be awesome too. Well I don't know about awesome but it would be better for the development of our national team than what's heading your way this summer/winter.

We hear a bit how the forwards from up north will muscle maul and scrum the shit out of us, I wanna see it. Lions, strong men - get ready for the circus PS if you see any Lions supporters waving Union Jacks they're the clowns

Re half a century ago, that's it, that's how long ago a competitive Lions team has been here.

Fiji game, we all know the lions lost to Fiji don't we? It's a well known game in the Islands, no need for most kiwis to search it up, just curious how a good Lions team did, legendary in Fiji though.

So the reason why the more recent Lions tours to nz have been a bit one sided has something to do with world rankings and seedlings, yea right...

Why would we combine with Aussie, they are shit, who loses to them now a days, Half there players are kiwi, and most you guys would prefer to see the ABs play your teams wouldn't ya. No point there to do it.

No body else tours our country? Mm Wales did last year. Yep tours don't happen as much, but the Lions *fupp* tour, and they might be good this year.

Good luck to the end of year tour for the development of the game, your big boys will be down here having a good toe to toe.

Union Jack, not sure what flag they wave, does it sound horrible, don't really care. Just enology the Lions tradition, the Lions in NZ, and the privilege of best of best touring nz.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Just enjoy the tour sorry

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail
thread ruining clique

I refuse to enjoy the tour. :thefinger:

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:23 pm
World XV Player

Sorry my just enloy the tour is meant to be just correcting my auto spell that said something like enology rather than enjoy in my previous post, I just wanna enjoy it, people may hate it. I'll be in *fupping* Asia and will prob struggle to get it anyways.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next