It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Eddie Jones 
World XV Player

Post Eddie Jones
He is starting to become the Trump of rugby. Putting aside his great record his recent outbursts about the Lions captain and playing Ireland he is becoming a bit of an ass.

I dont know what he's trying to achieve with his four captains, but perhaps he is trying to undermine the tour?

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:24 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: Eddie Jones
It's hardly an "outburst" if anything his only outburst has been from the Italy game. Don't know what you are talking about with Ireland either, all the comments I've seen about Ireland have been full of praise.

He's certainly a wind up merchant but Wales did the same sort of silliness a few years back.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

EJ is one of the best, if not, the best coach on the planet. I like him because he does talk shit. :D It's all just part of his nature, he's an Aussie! He says what's on his mind and probably doesn't think sometimes but that's refreshing imho. That or he is thinking and it's all a smoke screen to take heat off his players from the media?

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:29 am
World XV Player

Treforest Gump wrote:
He is starting to become the Trump of rugby. Putting aside his great record his recent outbursts about the Lions captain and playing Ireland he is becoming a bit of an ass.

I dont know what he's trying to achieve with his four captains, but perhaps he is trying to undermine the tour?

He has always been "a bit of an ass". I have had the misfortune to stay in the same establishment as him on rugby tours on a few occasions.

He suffers with hugely with "little man syndrome" and leaves chaos when he moves on.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:49 am
Youth Player

Total knob but always been consistent in that aspect. Can't question his achievements but it is sometimes hard to fathom what is a well thought out comment compared to an off the cuff option.

The Lions Captain wasn't a great comment as all 4 are hard pushed to get a starting spot. Also, the part about leading on and off the field doesn't help Hartley. Understand why he has had to back him since initial selection but another bank since then had proved he isn't the most reliable.

Notes biting his own hand went way down in my estimation where EJ has kept up there. We knew he was a know from day one but his achievements have done his talking beyond that.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I don't mind him tbh :dontknow:

Clearly a WUM which makes it less annoying and he's obviously a very good coach

What did he say regarding the lions captains btw?

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:02 am
Profile E-mail
Youth Player

That Gats should name the 4 captains from each nation as tour captains. How far is Laidlaw down the pecking order. Can't see him getting on tour. Hartley will struggle to get in front of Best, Owen and even George for a place in the match day squad. AWJ has his work cut out the same as Hartley. Kruis coming back who was first choice pairing with Itoje previously and Launchberry had a great tournament not even looking at Scots and Irish. One of the strongest positions for quality.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

I'm really not sure what the point is in naming four captains.

The idea of the Lions is that the players unite and the nationalities making up the teak shouldn't matter.

Gatland has a duty to pick the best captain and should treat it the same as he would for any other team.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:32 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

loosechange wrote:
EJ is one of the best, if not, the best coach on the planet. I like him because he does talk shit. :D It's all just part of his nature, he's an Aussie! He says what's on his mind and probably doesn't think sometimes but that's refreshing imho. That or he is thinking and it's all a smoke screen to take heat off his players from the media?

He's a WUM and he carries that manipulation through into his coaching.

Bloody good coach as his experience and success is up there with the best.

Put him into the right box and laugh at his insincerity.

He's blydi good at what he does.

:D

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:53 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
It's hardly an "outburst" if anything his only outburst has been from the Italy game. Don't know what you are talking about with Ireland either, all the comments I've seen about Ireland have been full of praise.

He's certainly a wind up merchant but Wales did the same sort of silliness a few years back.

Well he did say (believe it was in the media yesterday), that England would win 6 out of ten, if that many matches occurred sequentially between the two teams: he could be right.

He did however praise Ireland for our performance and he's a winner, simple as.

Sean

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Troron wrote:

Well he did say (believe it was in the media yesterday), that England would win 6 out of ten, if that many matches occurred sequentially between the two teams: he could be right.

Sean

I would hardly call that a bad comment about Ireland considering that is actually how many England have won in the last 10 matches against Ireland.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Troron wrote:
Abertawe Leinster wrote:
Troron wrote:

Sean

I would hardly call that a bad comment about Ireland considering that is actually how many England have won in the last 10 matches against Ireland.

A (younger) buddy of mine played under him in Australia for ACT, and said he was an excellent tactical and motivational coach but an iffy person off the field, if that makes any sense..

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:06 pm
World XV Player

Troron wrote:

How heavy are you?

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Treforest Gump wrote:
Troron wrote:

How heavy are you?

How heavy is a piece of string?

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

When youve won 18 from 19 you have pretty much earned the right to say what you like :)

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:11 pm
Profile E-mail