It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:22 am

barnes what a waste of time as a ref 
World XV Player

Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
tyleri82 wrote:
daiboy123 wrote:
Well done Mr Barnes

To be fair, the ref seemed to be getting pig off aswell himself. he also.asked the player
if he was OK and was told yes, but with a head injury the palyer may not know what he being ask or what he say to the ref ,
then with time runnng out, the France team doc says no he has to come off, a
for a HIA

I'm sure im not the only one who seen players from both sides taking player out off the ball
or kiiling the ball or holding player in. or standing off side ..seen the scrums going down

i tell you what i have seen this 6 nations is how many of our players waving there arms in the air hoping to get a pen
they should be getting on for what they paid to do and work hard to try to win the game
not keep trying to win a pen.. from the refs its rugby not netball

The ref can not over rule a safety issue, so this is not his fault.
I was calling him to blow up once the clock turned to 80.
but i think he did as well as he could with the player on both side'

well done ref you done your best . you can only play to the laws of the game .
both side needs to take a look at there self in my books
how many times did the scrum go down in the last 20 mins
and when the new prop come on the scrums where still going down or poping up
how many time did we see our boys killing the ball .in the last 20 mins of that added on time.
so the ref got to play to the law and rules of the game ..has he not ..so let not keep trying to say
the ref was crap... if he gave them a pen try .we would still be saying he a crap ref
we need to open our own eyes to see what a crap game it was ..up untill tat last 20 mins of added time...
and what a crap 6 nations its been for us in my eyes

as for howley .and his pals ... do i need to say more ....... its time for a clean up from top to bottom
or we will end up bottom of the 6 nations .
we lucky we were not playing japan they never give in like we did yeaterday ..yes we give in ,,, in my eyes ...
over all the game was not the best ......

Do you have an aversion to punctuation?

Do you have an aversion for being a twat :!:

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:49 am
International Player

Yes I do have a strong dislike for the idea of being a twat.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:14 am
Profile E-mail
Regional Player

We should not blame the referee, though it's very traditional to do so! The end of the game seems to be overshadowing the fact that we weren't very good.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:50 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

There were, imo, 2 game changing refereeing mistakes ironically the same offence.

If the Vakatawa tackle involved a deliberate knock on ... pen try!?

JDs similar tackle was, imo, more conclusive of deliberate knock on ..no real video/tmo debate and NO action. If first was deliberate knock on imo both were pen tries.

However, water under the bridge and shit happens.

As for the farcical extra time, ... an embarrassment to Rugby, best left to dreaded adminsitrators and law makers.

On the "why no pen try" Q, ... I don't think that a try was very probable, however another yellow would've been justifiable for perpetual offence and red zone cynicality.

As far as the law aspects and extended time involved in extra time, Barnes was hamstrung and probably ok.

As an arch critic of reflex chronicles of refereeing misfunction ... I think that the above as the major aspects of after match analysis? Hope so ;)

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 pm
British & Irish Lions Player

In Barnes defence, a penalty try can only be awarded if it looks like a try was going to be scored without the offense, I guess the French scrum wasn't convincing enough to merit that, although that was largely down to the constant cynical play by the Welsh pack. The pack should have been on a warning for a 2nd yellow on the 2nd offense after the 1st one, maybe even after the 1st offense. To concede that many penalties on your own try line and be allowed to let the clock run down on the yellow was the real mockery.

Also there was a 2nd Welsh knock on when Halfpenny knocked on tackling a French player, almost identical to what the French got a yellow card for.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

As a former referee I thought he had a reasonable game. It's easy to referee a game where both teams try and play to the laws, but when the teams are infringing the laws it is very difficult. What he should have done, in my opinion is send to the bin another Welsh front row player for repeated infringements. However if he had done that there would have been uncontested scrums, which would have benefited Wales. Alternatively of course, Wales could have used their heads, and one of the props could have gone down injured, with the same result. It's not rocket science, and it has been done before, but probably not in such a high profile game!

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

I don't think it's fair to blame the ref, he didn't have a great game, but just as players make mistakes so do refs. He reffing of the scrum from the outset was poor, he didn't ping the French 1 for boring which he did consistently - remember Gethin a couple of seasons back ? He only called Slimani for pulling the scrum down once.

Both teams were pretty poor - the French handling was inept, and the Welsh ball retention was poor, as was the rucking. The loss of two second rows and a number 8, it was clear the Moriarty was playing through pain, contributed.

The cheating at the end as regards the replacement was unacceptable. You cannot blame Barnes for that, I don't know the details but I find it inconceivable that there is not a neutral official who can make such rulings.

I trust there will be an investigation and if found guilty the French officials involved with receive a sine die suspension from the game.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Primary Schools Player

now now boys no name calling please that's not nice is it
we lost get over it .... the better of two bad sides just about won .........

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

Wonder if he'll ever become a French teacher.... Lovely accent.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:38 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

daiboy123 wrote:
now now boys no name calling please that's not nice is it
we lost get over it .... the better of two bad sides just about won .........

Pretty much this, all of it.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:56 pm
World XV Player

MULER wrote:
As a former referee I thought he had a reasonable game. It's easy to referee a game where both teams try and play to the laws, but when the teams are infringing the laws it is very difficult. What he should have done, in my opinion is send to the bin another Welsh front row player for repeated infringements.
!

Only France do things like that. And only when they're behind.

Adam Jones thought Barnes was okay and he was generous to Wales.

Most people would agree that he was reluctant to card Wales.

:thumbup:

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:47 am