It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:56 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
barnes what a waste of time as a ref 
Author Message
Regional Player

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:20 am
Posts: 373
Post barnes what a waste of time as a ref
20 mins extra time for france to win says it all . if wales were going down so much in the scrums and also pushing early ect why not give a penalty try. how can he send the french player to the bin for a deliberate knock on and not give a penalty try to wales another strange call. in the last 10mins in the scrum the frence prop popped up twice in the scrum yet gace the penalty to france. barnes should be struck of the international refs list total waste of time


Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22823
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
Barnes did well enough. Lacked a bit of balls not to give france a PT a bit earlier before they scored but otherwise handled it well.

Checked the alleged bite, TMO couldnt see anything so he cant do anything.

He was less inept than his last match.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
thread ruining clique
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm
Posts: 18869
Location: Dinbych
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
Don't see what else he could have done. We kept on fouling, he kept on giving penalties. We weren't able to clear our lines.
Concussiongate and bite marks are another matter, and will have to be looked at later. I'm not saying the French are definitely a bunch of dirty, cheating *bar stewards*, but they are.

_________________
I have no *fupping* idea what I'm talking about.


Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile
Club Player

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 248
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
cardiffkid wrote:
20 mins extra time for france to win says it all . if wales were going down so much in the scrums and also pushing early ect why not give a penalty try. how can he send the french player to the bin for a deliberate knock on and not give a penalty try to wales another strange call. in the last 10mins in the scrum the frence prop popped up twice in the scrum yet gace the penalty to france. barnes should be struck of the international refs list total waste of time


I am sure if it were Wales in that position for 20 minutes to win the game you would be saying Barnes was fantastic, I think he was favourable to Wales in those twenty extra minutes as several Welsh players should have been in the bin and he should have awarded a penalty try as well in injury time.


Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59985
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
Barnes was fine, the French cheating was not..

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:33 pm
Profile
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2259
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
French were cynical with their cheating and the French doctor could face serious ramifications for falsely claiming a player needed an HIA. Having said that, Wales had been infringing in the 22 all game and getting away with it, a penalty try or 2nd yellow should have come much earlier and the fact they were allowed to use up 5 mins of the yellow by messing about was ridiculous. Barnes should have drawn a line in the sand, told them to get on with it and earlier said next offense is a yellow.

The most dire 20 minutes of "rugby" I've ever seen though.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Mini Player

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 pm
Posts: 3
Post the ref
How come Wales had to suffer Barnes twice in the 6n, as W Barnes could not ref a scrum or the breakdown to save his life and cannot see a French knock on in a month of Sundays. We see lots of tv programs like scrum V talking about how good or bad the teams played but who looks at how good or bad the ref plays?


Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 2259
Post Re: the ref
Barnes helped you if anything, Wales had 2 knock ons in the 22, 1 very blatant, with French overlaps and only got 1 penalty. France did the same and got a yellow. At the end of the game Wales should have had another yellow or a penalty try against them. Barnes was shit but in your favour so don't see why you are complaining.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 4481
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
To be fair, he seemed to be getting pissed off with his "team" himself. Also. He asked the player if he was OK and was told yes, then with seconds to go, the France team doc says no he has to come off, at which he holds his balls, for a HIA?

The ref can not over rule a safety issue, so not his fault. I was calling him all sorts of twat once the clock turned red, but TBH, he probably did as well as he could with his helpers un helping him

_________________
.
Live for ever or die trying


Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:54 pm
Posts: 22823
Location: Cayman Islands
Post Re: the ref
madrugby wrote:
How come Wales had to suffer Barnes twice in the 6n, as W Barnes could not ref a scrum or the breakdown to save his life and cannot see a French knock on in a month of Sundays. We see lots of tv programs like scrum V talking about how good or bad the teams played but who looks at how good or bad the ref plays?


So Wales didn't break a single rule ?

Its odd, If you ask most Wales fans, they've NEVER lost a match fairly. The only matches they lose are due to a biased ref. Yet every game they win the referee is amazing.

_________________
'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so *fupping* what?' —Stephen Fry

"You like PhillBB demand facts for debate........My premise needs no facts to debate it" - Rosario on "how to look like an idiot"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/


Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 59985
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: the ref
Barnes was very generous to Wales today, even before the 20 minute scrum. No complaints.

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:05 am
Profile
Primary Schools Player

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:48 am
Posts: 21
Location: sunny cwmbran
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
Well done Mr Barnes

To be fair, the ref seemed to be getting pig off aswell himself. he also.asked the player
if he was OK and was told yes, but with a head injury the palyer may not know what he being ask or what he say to the ref ,
then with time runnng out, the France team doc says no he has to come off, a
for a HIA

I'm sure im not the only one who seen players from both sides taking player out off the ball
or kiiling the ball or holding player in. or standing off side ..seen the scrums going down

i tell you what i have seen this 6 nations is how many of our players waving there arms in the air hoping to get a pen
they should be getting on for what they paid to do and work hard to try to win the game
not keep trying to win a pen.. from the refs its rugby not netball

The ref can not over rule a safety issue, so this is not his fault.
I was calling him to blow up once the clock turned to 80.
but i think he did as well as he could with the player on both side'

well done ref you done your best . you can only play to the laws of the game .
both side needs to take a look at there self in my books
how many times did the scrum go down in the last 20 mins
and when the new prop come on the scrums where still going down or poping up
how many time did we see our boys killing the ball .in the last 20 mins of that added on time.
so the ref got to play to the law and rules of the game ..has he not ..so let not keep trying to say
the ref was crap... if he gave them a pen try .we would still be saying he a crap ref
we need to open our own eyes to see what a crap game it was ..up untill tat last 20 mins of added time...
and what a crap 6 nations its been for us in my eyes

as for howley .and his pals ... do i need to say more ....... its time for a clean up from top to bottom
or we will end up bottom of the 6 nations .
we lucky we were not playing japan they never give in like we did yeaterday ..yes we give in ,,, in my eyes ...
over all the game was not the best ......


Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 7159
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
He shouldn't have *fupped* about for 20 min if Wales were infringing then a penalty try must be given, as for the French all teams play that card on times.

_________________
The main problem in marriage is that, for a man, sex is a hunger, if he is hungry and cant get to a fancy French restaurant, he'll go to a burger bar


Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:44 am
Profile
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:00 pm
Posts: 931
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
daiboy123 wrote:
Well done Mr Barnes

To be fair, the ref seemed to be getting pig off aswell himself. he also.asked the player
if he was OK and was told yes, but with a head injury the palyer may not know what he being ask or what he say to the ref ,
then with time runnng out, the France team doc says no he has to come off, a
for a HIA

I'm sure im not the only one who seen players from both sides taking player out off the ball
or kiiling the ball or holding player in. or standing off side ..seen the scrums going down

i tell you what i have seen this 6 nations is how many of our players waving there arms in the air hoping to get a pen
they should be getting on for what they paid to do and work hard to try to win the game
not keep trying to win a pen.. from the refs its rugby not netball

The ref can not over rule a safety issue, so this is not his fault.
I was calling him to blow up once the clock turned to 80.
but i think he did as well as he could with the player on both side'

well done ref you done your best . you can only play to the laws of the game .
both side needs to take a look at there self in my books
how many times did the scrum go down in the last 20 mins
and when the new prop come on the scrums where still going down or poping up
how many time did we see our boys killing the ball .in the last 20 mins of that added on time.
so the ref got to play to the law and rules of the game ..has he not ..so let not keep trying to say
the ref was crap... if he gave them a pen try .we would still be saying he a crap ref
we need to open our own eyes to see what a crap game it was ..up untill tat last 20 mins of added time...
and what a crap 6 nations its been for us in my eyes

as for howley .and his pals ... do i need to say more ....... its time for a clean up from top to bottom
or we will end up bottom of the 6 nations .
we lucky we were not playing japan they never give in like we did yeaterday ..yes we give in ,,, in my eyes ...
over all the game was not the best ......


Do you have an aversion to punctuation?


Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:45 am
Profile E-mail
International Player

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:00 pm
Posts: 931
Post Re: barnes what a waste of time as a ref
daiboy123 wrote:
Well done Mr Barnes

To be fair, the ref seemed to be getting pig off aswell himself. he also.asked the player
if he was OK and was told yes, but with a head injury the palyer may not know what he being ask or what he say to the ref ,
then with time runnng out, the France team doc says no he has to come off, a
for a HIA

I'm sure im not the only one who seen players from both sides taking player out off the ball
or kiiling the ball or holding player in. or standing off side ..seen the scrums going down

i tell you what i have seen this 6 nations is how many of our players waving there arms in the air hoping to get a pen
they should be getting on for what they paid to do and work hard to try to win the game
not keep trying to win a pen.. from the refs its rugby not netball

The ref can not over rule a safety issue, so this is not his fault.
I was calling him to blow up once the clock turned to 80.
but i think he did as well as he could with the player on both side'

well done ref you done your best . you can only play to the laws of the game .
both side needs to take a look at there self in my books
how many times did the scrum go down in the last 20 mins
and when the new prop come on the scrums where still going down or poping up
how many time did we see our boys killing the ball .in the last 20 mins of that added on time.
so the ref got to play to the law and rules of the game ..has he not ..so let not keep trying to say
the ref was crap... if he gave them a pen try .we would still be saying he a crap ref
we need to open our own eyes to see what a crap game it was ..up untill tat last 20 mins of added time...
and what a crap 6 nations its been for us in my eyes

as for howley .and his pals ... do i need to say more ....... its time for a clean up from top to bottom
or we will end up bottom of the 6 nations .
we lucky we were not playing japan they never give in like we did yeaterday ..yes we give in ,,, in my eyes ...
over all the game was not the best ......


At what point did we give in? After 100 minutes of play when we were still winning the game?


Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 am
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: