It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Unacceptable 6N for Wales? 
Author Message
World XV Player

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 3232
Post Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
A fifth place finish is deeply unsatisfactory. Our squad is not world beating but I think we have underachieved. How much Howley is to blame is unclear but he surely has to take some responsibility?

The Welsh attack is only above that of Italy in the whole of the NH. It should be better.


Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 28188
Location: Pontllanfraith
Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
Robbed of victory today, should have beaten England! For me, Scotland is the only shite performance!

_________________
Dear England, you can make as many sheep jokes as you want, you voted for a pig *fupper*!


Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:47 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58709
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
Robbed of victory today, should have beaten England! For me, Scotland is the only shite performance!



Yes, that sticks in my craw.... :thumbdown:

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 660
Location: Swansea
Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
Langland Exile wrote:
Andrew (Scum V) wrote:
Robbed of victory today, should have beaten England! For me, Scotland is the only shite performance!



Yes, that sticks in my craw.... :thumbdown:


Yes


Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:15 pm
Posts: 9471
Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
Worst 6N since 2007, if there is no change then it will speak a lot more about the whole of welsh rugby. Regardless of the farce yesterday the performances are getting worse and we should have beaten France yesterday.

Frankly, if there is no change after this six nations then I cant continue to support this group. I cant support the WRU to be honest if nothing is done after this 6N.

Lots of people say that we should be giving people like Giles and Steff Evans a go, but its not that simple. Its a mess, pure and simple and sadly I am of the opinion that *fupp* all will be done about this.

_________________
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha


Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm
Profile
World XV Player

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3683
Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
Treforest Gump wrote:
Worst 6N since 2007................... Its a mess, pure and simple and sadly I am of the opinion that *fupp* all will be done about this.


I would be very surprised if you are wrong. They've backed themselves into a tight 2019 corner now, and only last week GD was in the media supporting their position. I can't see anything changing either.


Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 5:40 pm
Posts: 58709
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
Llew wrote:
Treforest Gump wrote:
Worst 6N since 2007................... Its a mess, pure and simple and sadly I am of the opinion that *fupp* all will be done about this.


I would be very surprised if you are wrong. They've backed themselves into a tight 2019 corner now, and only last week GD was in the media supporting their position. I can't see anything changing either.


More masterly activity, and collect big checks...some people make a career from that. ;)

_________________
We are all in the gutter but me and my mam are looking at the stars!


Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:04 pm
Profile
Regional Player

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm
Posts: 660
Location: Swansea
Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
Totally unacceptable.

We finished 5th but even worse we scored only 8 tries in 5 games.
We scored 3 each against Italy(poor) and Ireland (acceptable) so
in the matches against Ingerlund France & Scotland we amassed
the pathetic total of 2 tries.

Scotland scored 16 (I think) tries in the 6N -yet they who for years couldn't
cross the whitewash if they were unopposed doubled our total.

Why do we think mediocrity is acceptable and stubbornly refuse to
try young and exciting players droning on about this XV being our best
players.How do we know they are if they are never challenged for their places.


Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:16 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Posts: 43546
Location: Llanharan
Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
awaywardlad wrote:
Totally unacceptable.

We finished 5th but even worse we scored only 8 tries in 5 games.
We scored 3 each against Italy(poor) and Ireland (acceptable) so
in the matches against Ingerlund France & Scotland we amassed
the pathetic total of 2 tries.


It was a bit damp on times. Italy and Scotland were wetter than that.


Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:54 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: