It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Unacceptable 6N for Wales? 
Primary Schools Player

Post Re: Unacceptable 6N for Wales?
Sam Biscuits wrote:
WelshRuby93 wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Only positive is howley won't be getting the job

This is where I don't get the WRU, why give him this chance, when he is going to new zealand with his pal warren instead of going with wales on their summer tour and developing our own young talent.
Shows that he only cares about his personal CV rather than the interest of the national team.
In saying that, Wales might actually attack better with the regional coaches in charge of the backs rather than himself!
What a shambles

Nope, Danny Wilson and Matt Sherrat or whatever his name is from the Blues are going. The Blues!! Stephan Jones also going. I've said this a few times but the Ospreys coaches, in particular Gruff Rhys are the only ones fulfilling their terms of references this season, so naturally they aren't going on tour.

Ye and why aren't they going? Because they want to concentrate on their job with the ospreys. Shame Gatland doesn't feel like that.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:51 am
Profile E-mail
British & Irish Lions Player

Sam Biscuits wrote:
WelshRuby93 wrote:
AverageBBCjournalist wrote:
Only positive is howley won't be getting the job

This is where I don't get the WRU, why give him this chance, when he is going to new zealand with his pal warren instead of going with wales on their summer tour and developing our own young talent.
Shows that he only cares about his personal CV rather than the interest of the national team.
In saying that, Wales might actually attack better with the regional coaches in charge of the backs rather than himself!
What a shambles

Nope, Danny Wilson and Matt Sherrat or whatever his name is from the Blues are going. The Blues!! Stephan Jones also going. I've said this a few times but the Ospreys coaches, in particular Gruff Rhys are the only ones fulfilling their terms of references this season, so naturally they aren't going on tour.

Scarlets are also doing well, so Stephen Jones would be useful. Agree about the others though.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:51 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Nobody likes coaches from other franchises.

Even good ones.

And you can't say the Blues brothers don't need development ...

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 am
International Player

I'm glad Italy are in the tournament, however they also provide a false safety net. IF we were still in the old 5 Nations (in old money), Wales have had the wooden spoon and only one win. That is grounds for a Welsh coach to be sacked.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:00 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Shifty wrote:
I'm glad Italy are in the tournament, however they also provide a false safety net. IF we were still in the old 5 Nations (in old money), Wales have had the wooden spoon and only one win. That is grounds for a Welsh coach to be sacked.

I don't know, one win in tge late 90s would possibly be the sign of improvement!

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Cymru am byth wrote:
Shifty wrote:

I don't know, one win in tge late 90s would possibly be the sign of improvement!

Early 90's maybe. From 1997 onwards I didn't think we were that bad. :scratch:
1995 was the last time we finished last in the 90's, and even then we had massive injury problems, Rayer, Ricky Evans, and Ieuan broke legs, Hall damaged his ribs etc. That year was a massacre for injuries.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Shifty wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Shifty wrote:

1995 was the last time we finished last in the 90's, and even then we had massive injury problems, Rayer, Ricky Evans, and Ieuan broke legs, Hall damaged his ribs etc. That year was a massacre for injuries.

A vintage year for excuses, though :)

Since the 6 Nations began we have played a total of 90 games and won 49. As for the World Cup .......

We are a stand out side, only in our own imagination.

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Shifty wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Shifty wrote:

Since the 6 Nations began we have played a total of 90 games and won 49. As for the World Cup .......

however won more slams than any other team. Including England who won a world cup in that time. We are so up and down... Welsh see.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:07 pm
World XV Player

Blindside wrote:
Shifty wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Shifty wrote:

I sometimes wonder why you bother supporting Wales at all...

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:14 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
Blindside wrote:
Shifty wrote:
Cymru am byth wrote:
Shifty wrote:

I sometimes wonder why you bother supporting Wales at all...

Because i am Welsh, i can support a team that represents the country.

Because i can think, without blindly following, i seek to understand what i am supporting.

People on here want coaches to loose their jobs. So perhaps their argument should be put into context rather than patriotic nonsense. Ultimately though, i am interested in the game and what has to be in place to create good players, that create good teams. I am more interested in the health of the game in Wales as a whole, more than the national team. If the game is health then the national team will reflect it consistently.

To me the rest is nonsense. The truth is there via the statistics, the answer is built on opinions. But we even have the capacity to create our own reality. That we produce more quality players for instance, there is no proof of that. If we seek to get to a position where finishing in the bottom half of the table in unacceptable then put the structures in place that create that situation. The point i am making is that the national team has not unederachieved, indeed had it not been for a try in the 100th minute against France they would probably have over achieved. But such is the fickle nature of "supporters".

"Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The deals of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”
“None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.”
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:47 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

It depends whether you think we have the capacity to do better. There is not a binary choice here; we should not expect to finish first or second, but equally it is valid to say we should do better than fifth considering it is our national game. Of course, there are potentially many reasons for the poor performance but they cannot all be necessarily down to structure; it is possible to say there have been failures in the preparation of the national team.

it is all debatable of course!

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:01 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
It depends whether you think we have the capacity to do better. There is not a binary choice here; we should not expect to finish first or second, but equally it is valid to say we should do better than fifth considering it is our national game. Of course, there are potentially many reasons for the poor performance but they cannot all be necessarily down to structure; it is possible to say there have been failures in the preparation of the national team.

it is all debatable of course!

I agree it isn't all down to structure, but if the structure and preparation in the league made more and better players, we would have a much easier job when we are playing international rugby.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:12 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Agreed. My point is that the whilst there are problems with structure, this squad has not played as well as it can and cannot believe that what we have is the best attack we can muster.

However, yes, we need to improve the structure.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

We beat Ireland who beat England, byti.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:23 pm
World XV Player

buglet wrote:
Agreed. My point is that the whilst there are problems with structure, this squad has not played as well as it can and cannot believe that what we have is the best attack we can muster.

However, yes, we need to improve the structure.

I would agree with that.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next