It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
France/Wales pre match and match stream 
International Player

Post Re: France/Wales pre match and match stream
Today almost felt like: 'France must win this game even if it takes an entire evening of scrums on the 5m line'.

The outcome seemed strangely inevitable.

I can't see any other way the purgatory could've ended.

I'd advocate a 'time's up' rule, rather like in football or rugby league. When the clock is up after added time, the team with the most points wins. Otherwise, theoretically the game just goes on until the team gets the desired result. There has to be an end point.

I'm aware that sounds ridiculous but that was honestly a farcical end to a competitive match.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:16 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

France claimed an utterly exhausted player needed a head injury assessment and Barnes reminded their doctor that he was a doctor and asked him to confirm that the head injury needed assessment.

The doctor confirmed that and the player was replaced with a fresher one.

However, the medics did not accompany the player all the way to the dressing rooms and he was allowed to wander off down the tunnel.

Barnes did exactly the right thing but it seems that the French management did not.

The referee was more than fair to Wales, I thought.

Life's a bitch.

:shock:

Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 am
Youth Player

No issues with Barnes at the death yesterday I think we were naive/our coaches are P Iss poor. After the French stunt I'd have told Francis to drop the scrum claim a head injury, force uncontested scrums and hope our flankers/backline could keep the French out

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:45 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

No penalty try for Wales ! :wtf:

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:48 am
International Player

I thought the Wales scrum dragged it down several times when the French appeared to get the shove on. Barnes should probably have given a penalty try much earlier.

The farce was that he did not, and then the whole issue with the subs

Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22