It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
France/Wales pre match and match stream 
British & Irish Lions Player

Post Re: France/Wales pre match and match stream
So many reset scrums and penalties. Once again all in the finest Northern Hemisphere tradition and the reason why New Zealand, bar the odd periods for England, will always dominate world rugby.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

spinbreath wrote:
Tony Panties wrote:
rugbydan wrote:
i bet the cafe are shitting all over the floor by now.

No probs when I visit tomorrow, I think that everybody will be disappointed by Rugby getting that level of publicity.

Real rugby gents see ;)

Onion munching ponces, more like.

par-don? (said in onion poncing accent)

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:48 pm
World XV Player

Fids the Blindside wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
What grounds did the French Doctor have for deciding a HIA was needed on the prop?

because he was holding his nuts

Yes, my missus always says my brains are in my balls as well. :D

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Anyway, it was the first fifteen minutes of the match that basically won it for France, though at least the Welsh defence (though not, of course, the attack) did wake up and prevent what could have been a massacre.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:49 pm
Profile E-mail
International Player

Can't be bothered reading the whole thread. The last 20min of the game has to have been the most farcical it's ever been my misfortune to watch.

Neither side deserved to win.

However, wasn't this season supposed to be the one where the officials were going to be coming down hard on crooked scrum feeds? Has the policy been abandoned? And if so, then why? Crooked feed into the scrum must be easily the easiest of of all offences to police.

The French s/h appeared to be feeding his second row at virtually every scrum. Not that Webb (or any other s/h - do what you can get away with, I suppose) was blameless but didn't seem as blatant as the Frenchman and nary a peep from Barnes. What is the function of the assistants at scrums?

:dontknow:

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

ICEverything wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
What grounds did the French Doctor have for deciding a HIA was needed on the prop?

That is a compliment, Rob :thumbup: :D

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:55 pm

x_ile wrote:
Can't be bothered reading the whole thread. The last 20min of the game has to have been the most farcical it's ever been my misfortune to watch.

However, wasn't this season supposed to be the one where the officials were going to be coming down hard on crooked scrum feeds? Has the policy been abandoned? And if so, then why? Crooked feed into the scrum must be easily the easiest of of all offences to police.

The French s/h appeared to be feeding his second row at virtually every scrum. Not that Webb (or any other s/h - do what you can get away with, I suppose) was blameless but didn't seem as blatant as the Frenchman and nary a peep from Barnes. What is the function of the assistants at scrums?

I thought high tackles were the favourite carding/penalty offence du jour? :D

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
ICEverything wrote:
ICEverything wrote:

That is a compliment, Rob :thumbup: :D

I think it was David. :D

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:01 pm
World XV Player

x_ile wrote:

The whole rule book needs examining, from 1.1.1 right through, and the ref's should follow them all. It may make a poor game, but then they can change those applicable, and stick to them again.

If rules are unenforceable, they should not be there.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Actually, 18-18 would have been about right..

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:38 pm
World XV Player

What can you say about THAT last 20 minutes...

Don't know where to start, other than the kick from the turnover in the ?70th odd minute? By Warburton? Sums Welsh rugby up completely. We just hand teams the initiative and we give sides chance after chance because of unforced mistakes like that constantly

The bite... if it's clear there has been a bit (the mark on Norths arm surley proves it) then surely it should be a penalty regardless?

On the positive side I think the forwards fronted up massively in the loose. Rob Evans was fantastic and followed closely by Ball (who I wasn't a fan of before the championship) and warbs/tips

We've got serious issues in the back line. Biggar although good defensively seems to offer very little in attack, the centres.... :shock: what can you say? Poor is an understatement

Not sure if I'm allowed to comment on the coaches incase of a load of abuse and being acccused of having an agenda, but I will. Things need to change and a shake up is needed, we're crying out for new ideas and new voices imo.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Club Player

I found the match boring today until Simon Cowell got involved with the extra drama bit, but, I have not seen a reply of the French player grounding the ball at the end to win the game, did anyone ?

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

youvbeensalmoed wrote:
I found the match boring today until Simon Cowell got involved with the extra drama bit, but, I have not seen a reply of the French player grounding the ball at the end to win the game, did anyone ?

Yes, fair and square. If you dont count the subbed prop that is.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:50 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Langland Exile wrote:
Actually, 18-18 would have been about right..

Nah, both sides would have had 17 too many

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 pm
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

Not sure who was man o match

for me

Wales Topuric

France Gourdon

the 2 flankers were superb With Tips earning best

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next